Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I did this with Megaman X sometimes, but only the snes/ps1 ones.

In 2019 i played Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki, Cold Steel 1 and 2 one after another and the experience was pretty crazy.

In 2020 i played the Ys Series in chronological sequence (Just one version for game tho, eg i played Memories of Celceta but not the others Ys IV games), of course except Ys IX. It wasn't nearly as engaging as Trails because the plot kind of don't matter but it was fun anyway.

tokenflipguy

May 15, 2018
I do a Metal Gear one every year and since the PS4 Version Hitman 3 has VR. I am thinking of doing the entire reboot series a run through.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Not really but last year I was so impressed with Paper Beast that I did a Eric Chahi games marathon and played through the rest of his stuff. It was a good time but Paper Beast is by far the best and criminally overlooked in gotys.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
All the time. I hate the idea of jumping into a series with it's most recent entry. If a game in a series interests me I'll start that franchise from the very beginning first. I'll do some research to see if some entries or rereleases can be skipped (the original releases of Ys III, for example) but generally I commit to the whole series. Most recently I did this with Yakuza, Halo and Legacy of Kain.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
I did this with Megaman X sometimes, but only the snes/ps1 ones.

In 2019 i played Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki, Cold Steel 1 and 2 one after another and the experience was pretty crazy.

In 2020 i played the Ys Series in chronological sequence (Just one version for game tho, eg i played Memories of Celceta but not the others Ys IV games), of course except Ys IX. It wasn't nearly as engaging as Trails because the plot kind of don't matter but it was fun anyway.
I strongly recommend playing the PC-Engine version of Ys IV. It's not actually developed by Falcom but you wouldn't know it. The music and art is amazing and it has the most refined version of the bump-system combat.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I strongly recommend playing the PC-Engine version of Ys IV. It's not actually developed by Falcom but you wouldn't know it. The music and art is amazing and it has the most refined version of the bump-system combat.

I kind of want to try the other versions eventually. Imo Bump Ys > Party based Ys, tho the solo action ones are my favs.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I binged Metal Gear - MGS4 back in like 2013, The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask leading up to Breath of the Wild's release, Resident Evil 1-4 with all 3 remakes in 2020, and me and a friend just finished up binging Gears of War 1-5 + Judgment.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I'll put this in spoiler tags just to be safe:

When I replay Xenoblade 2 I always replay the first one too because they take place at the same time in different dimensions

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Yup. I'm new to Final Fantasy, so I'm playing through the games that interest me the most.
  • I finished up the original FF7 a few months back (I enjoyed it a lot for something that released 2 years before I was born)
  • I'm wrapping up the epilogue for FF10 (enjoying it more than FF7)
  • Next up is 10-2
  • Then 12

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I essentially did that with the Ys games, I played an English version of every game like this

Ys 1-2 on Steam
Ys Oath In Felghana on Steam
Ys Origins on Steam
Ys Memories or Celceta on Vita
Ys 5 on SNES
Ys 6 on Steam
Ys 7 on PSP

Then I started but didn't finish Ys 8 on ps4.

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
My buddy and I have been playing through all of the Gears campaigns since around Series X launch. I had only ever played Gears 2 so most everything has been brand new to me. We're nearly finished with Gears 5 and I am very excited to get to Hivebusters, hopefully this week.

I will say by the time we got through Gears 3, it started feeling a bit stale, but honestly Gears Judgement felt like a breath of fresh air given how different the game is from 1-3. Basically felt like a Gears arcade game and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it especially considering the general consensus of the game.

I Gears 4 for the most part but there were a few moments that really turned me off (Act 4). Even though I'm not finished with 5 I think it might be my favorite in the series (at least very close with 2).

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Did that with MGS and DMC 10 years ago. More recently, binged KH for the 1st time in 2019 - was a great experience, since the games change so much from one to another. Some were rough like Re:CoM, but BBS and DDD helped keep the experience super fresh, and I ended up loving both of them. I planned on binging Yakuza, but realized I need to take some time off them after each game.

Still, I have been thinking of binging something new. There are plenty of FF, DQ, RE, MM games I need to play/finish, and some other series I would like to try.

First one to reply to this post chooses what I will binge next (Sony/Nintendo ecosystem)
maybe

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I did all of Kingdom Hearts except for Unchained and KH3 in 2018. Including the GBA and DS games. I also did the 3d remake of the GBA game.

That was an experience.

By the time I got through it all, Re:Mind was just about to come out. I was planning on playing KH3 once Re:Mind released. Never happened, and then I decided I would just wait to get a PS5 and play it then.

We're here now. I'm playing KH3. I'm not sure how I feel about any of it.

I definitely wouldn't recommend it to most, but I seem to have a high tolerance for monotony.

I've done it before. I did the full Gears and Halo series on XB1 not too long ago.

I'm thinking of doing it with Half-Life/Portal this year once I can actually buy a GPU. At least that will be way shorter than the Kingdom Hearts run was.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I will only do this if it has been a significant amount of time since I have played a series/game and I feel like replaying it will directly make the experience of playing the next game better. This also depends on length - I don't think I have ever replayed a big open world game just as a prerequisite before the next game in the series.

For something shorter, Gears or Halo or something, I will often play the game immediately preceding the new one if I can squirrel away some time. I have a huge list of games I want to replay but time is shorter than ever.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
2019 and 2020 I played all of the Final fantasies except for 1, 2 and 3
It was awesome playing them back to back seeing the changes and cementing in place my favorites and which ones are awful. Highly reccomend it

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
I did it once for Mega Man. Had never really finished any game from the series beforehand. In the span of a year I went MM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, MM & Bass, MMV and MM X, X2, X3, X4. Great stuff.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Only did this with Dead Space, played through all three games one after another. Still salty EA killed the series after 3.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not full series, but this last year, I played Xenoblade 1 and 2, and then Earthbound and Mother 3 back to back. I sometimes do this with 3D Zelda over the course of several months, but haven't for a few years.