• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyChamCham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully I don't get banned for this lol. It's just something I've noticed for a while now on here, when choosing to post in those topics you are very likely to get dog piled on, insulted and or banned for having a dissenting opinion on the subject. Hear me out, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with talking about these things but they tend to get out of hand almost all the time which makes me cautious about even posting what I want to say in them. Anyway, does anyone else here feel the same way about this?

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
People don't get dogpiled and banned for having a dissenting opinion. They get banned for being unsympathetic and dismissive. Or outright sexist/racist

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going down on this ship with you, OP. Those threads go nowhere, and serve no purpose other than to reinforce both sides' own beliefs and to make everyone pissed off... (watch out, you might just have created one)

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I do because I tend to have stances that both piss people off that see anything socially related as some giant SJW conspiracy designed to destroy gaming, and pisses off people who obsess about this stuff constantly.

Example: I have a much bigger issue with how black Americans are shown in games than some weird anime game having grossly large boobs.

My view is also sort of skewed because my wife has the attitude of a 12 yr old boy when it comes to games. "Why can't you make Alloy get naked" "Put your persona squad mates in the maid outfits" and it makes me constantly laugh.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those threads are necessary, those threads are made by people who has the same right to you to make them, those threads aim for a healthy conversation.
If you are afraid of getting dog pilled or banned then you should check how you talk in those and in general.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I believe that what makes games good is people from different backgrounds contributing to the creation.

What I'm inferring from your post is that your opinion is in the minority here. Majority isn't always right but if your opinion is that social issues don't matter or that you don't care about representation, I'd take a look at your favorite games and who made them. And why you like them. May make you reevaluate your opinion.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What opinion do you feel will get you banned or dogpiled?
Pretty much this, I post in those and never being banned or even warned
tenor.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Locking because no good can come of this.

You're free to pick/choose topics as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.