• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
A "Tweaker" is a person high of Meth or some other drug and is probably acting a fool.
qFIUn3R.jpg

Saw this in the checkout line at the supermarket. I thought it was odd or in bad form to name an energy shot after such a term.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty it's a word for "zombie" in some parts of The Walking Dead universe.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
a confluence of the pedestrian energy drink/mountain dew demographic.

there was one straight up called 'cocaine'. kind of fucked up but whatever

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Are they tweakers? Motorhead is another word for tweaker and Motorhead the band were tweakers, at least when they started.
Not to the best of my knowledge. It is the old drummer from NIN, though. Did the score to American McGee's Alice, among other things.

Oct 25, 2017
ehm... it's been used as the name for a (Dutch) tech site for like, fifteen years or more?
link to that: www.tweakers.net

This thread is literally the first time I've heard any other meaning for the term than 'tech (PC) enthusiast'. Yes, I know the South Park character, but had never connected those dots for some reason.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's an energy drink named after the penal code for someone who requires psychiatric commitment because they are a danger to themselves or others:

ED_Original_1.png

it's really no different. The industry is still aggressively edgy and masculine.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, there's an energy drink named after the penal code for someone who requires psychiatric commitment because they are a danger to themselves or others:

ED_Original_1.png

it's really no different. The industry is still aggressively edgy and masculine.

That's a 302 here in Philly but I guess so. Hell I guess even "Red Bull" has a kind of aggressive name to it.