• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
I think it'll hit $1 pretty soon. It's hot to meme on this right now, and dogecoin thrives off that. I dunno if it'll go past $1 anytime soon, though.

I want to say that being close to 4/20 probably raises the chances of dogecoin going up because of extra meme potential, but that logic is so fucking stupid that it hurts to even say it. And yet it's exactly the kind of dumb bandwagon shit that the internet loves, so it might actually be a factor.

I'd probably sell at least some chunk of my coins as things shoot up to lock in gains. Doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing - just sell like a fifth or half or whatever when it's at a number you're happy at.

You'll "lose" money either way (either by selling before the price has hit its peak, or by waiting too long and selling after a price drops after the peak), so because no one can see the future, it's best to just pick a few numbers you're personally happy with, sell whatever you want at those numbers, and then try not to beat yourself up over what could have been.

I checked out the Dogecoin subreddit and apparently Slim Jim is partly responsible for this rise in Dogecoin's price lol

Everything is stupid and hilarious with this thing.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry about dips atm, the volume is there, and whales are bound to cash out partially at milestone checkpoints.

Doge is recovering. It's crazy.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Great, should have known better than to use robinhood. Who should I use instead of I want to have a coin wallet, or the ability to transfer to one?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Why do they keep doing this? It was one thing with GameStop, but what's the purpose on blocking Dogecoin?
I just cashed out before they did. I'll buy back in at a good dip

it doesn't explicitly say they're blocked, but it says they may not trade right now. Whatever that means.

lol Robinhood is complete garbage. Zero reason to use them for crypto.

yeah it took my Binance account so long to verify that I kinda forgot about moving money over there.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah I'm about done with Robinhood at this point, it's costing me money. I can't imagine people that use the app that are playing around with thousands. What a good app for crypto that's user friendly? Does it have doge?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about dips atm, the volume is there, and whales are bound to cash out partially at milestone checkpoints.

Doge is recovering. It's crazy.
Yeah, it's been doing this over and over since yesterday. A big jump, then a dip, and slowly flagging around for an hour or two, sometimes a big dip, then another huge jump that goes even higher. It's happened like 4-5 times in a row now.

I thought the first price jump was a one-off thing at first, but then it kept doing it over and over, and now people are going nuts on it the same way they did with GME.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Do not use binance. I have been waiting since January on verification. Thanks to them, I've missed out on potentially 50x gains. RIP me I guess. I am finally just going with Robinhood because I already had an account with them, but I am sad.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Do not use binance. I have been waiting since January on verification. Thanks to them, I've missed out on potentially 50x gains. RIP me I guess. I am finally just going with Robinhood because I already had an account with them, but I am sad.
even if you're not verified, you're still allowed to trade Tether pairs. so buy BTC from anywhere, move it to Binance, swap it to Tether, and trade it for Doge (or any other pair/coin)

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
Buy bitcoin on coinbase, transfer bitcoin to binance, buy doge with bitcoin.

No verification necessary.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I'm about done with Robinhood at this point, it's costing me money. I can't imagine people that use the app that are playing around with thousands. What a good app for crypto that's user friendly? Does it have doge?

Coinbase is a good starting exchange but it doesn't have doge itself. So one method you could do is buy bitcoin there, move said bitcoin to other exchange with doge and buy it there

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
Wasn't confirmed that the biggest Doge whale was Robinhood because they don't really give individual wallets to their users?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Meet the market maker.

safe to say whoever/group that control this wallet run this freak show.

This is like seeing that rich guy in an MMO who has enough money to manipulate the market by himself.

But in real life, using a joke cryptocurrency. My head hurts.

From what I've seen that's actually a coin exchange wallet and not something that belongs to one singular person.
I sure hope so lol.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017

In my experience, Voyager would be the easiest for your purposes. Sign-up is quick and easy, no waitlist, and DOGE is listed

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm awake about 7 more hours... would it be wise, given the nature of DOGE, to set up some orders overnight to sell at certain low levels so I don't wake up to nothing?
well, America is going to pick up where Europe and Asia left off so not sure if it'll be necessary but if the profits you have now mean something, you definitely should. you never know what could happen.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So for us stuck waiting for verification on Binance, we can do the following: Buy BTC on Coinbase -> Transfer BTC to Binance -> Exchange BTC for USDT -> Exchange USDT for DOGE. Did I understand that correctly?

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I'm awake about 7 more hours... would it be wise, given the nature of DOGE, to set up some orders overnight to sell at certain low levels so I don't wake up to nothing?
I'm right there with you lol. Might set a $1 sell for a small fraction just to walk away with something I can put back into the stocks I stole from. But any more than that... I want it all, after all.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
I am using Coinbase, Coinbase Wallet and Bittrex. Takes a few minutes to send and receive between wallets, but no issue.