• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
H8JGwB1.jpeg

In a unique twist to the age-old practice of tipping, Domino's Pizza is introducing the You Tip, We Tip promotion, slated to kick off on April 29, 2024. This innovative initiative aims to show appreciation to customers who show their gratitude to delivery drivers by tipping them.

Following the success of its Carryout Tips promotion, Domino's is pioneering this new campaign.

Under the new You Tip, We Tip promotion, customers who tip their Domino's delivery driver $3 or more through the online platform will receive a $3 coupon. This coupon can be redeemed for discounts on their subsequent online delivery orders during the following week.
www.chewboom.com

Domino's Launches 'You Tip, We Tip' Promotion, Rewarding Customers Who Tip Their Delivery Drivers - Chew Boom

In a unique twist to the age-old practice of tipping, Domino’s Pizza is introducing the You Tip, We Tip promotion, slated to kick off on April 29, 2024. This innovative initiative aims to show appreciation to ..

Domino's Pizza Inc. (NYSE: DPZ) brought you Carryout Tips. Now the largest pizza company in the world, known for its value innovation, is launching You Tip, We Tip – a promotion that tips customers who tip their delivery drivers, beginning April 29.

"Domino's drivers have been hustling to deliver hot, delicious pizzas since 1960, and we love that customers have been tipping them for their great service since day one," said Kate Trumbull, Domino's senior vice president – chief brand officer. "But these days, everywhere you go, there's a tip screen. The pressure to tip is real, even when no extra service is provided. So, we decided to flip the script and show our appreciation by tipping customers back."

How Does You Tip, We Tip Work?
When customers tip their Domino's delivery driver $3 or more online, they'll receive a $3 coupon to use on the following week's online delivery order.

Domino's is the first quick-service restaurant to tip customers for tipping their delivery drivers. To learn more about Domino's You Tip, We Tip promotion, visit dominos.com/youtipwetip.
finance.yahoo.com

Domino's® is Tipping Customers Who Tip Their Delivery Drivers

Domino's Pizza Inc. (NYSE: DPZ) brought you Carryout Tips. Now the largest pizza company in the world, known for its value innovation, is launching You Tip, We Tip – a promotion that tips customers who tip their delivery drivers, beginning April 29.

Ah yes, another tipping thread 😇

PatAndTheCat

Apr 1, 2024
Dominos should match your 3 dollar tip and give 6 to the driver. earn points for consecutive 3 dollar tips to redeem on food

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This is to keep people ordering. Smart but doesn't really help employees who need the wage.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Just give that money directly to your drivers you cheap fucking company.

They won't because they know many customers won't ever redeem those coupons.

PatAndTheCat

Apr 1, 2024
Why are people hating this? At least it is a start. I don't see other pizza places do this. This is a step in the right direction

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Only valid the following week, huh? Clear trick to get people to order more Dominos, tied into the standard practice of tipping drivers.
Nobody should subject themselves to that much Dominos.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very funny when they could just give the three bucks directly to the drivers but whatever, it's the system we have any it's a nice way to incentivize getting coupons. I usually give $5 to delivery drivers regardless so I'll take it.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people upset? Aren't their delivery drivers already paid a salary?
This isn't referring to Uber or DoorDash.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people hating this? At least it is a start. I don't see other pizza places do this. This is a step in the right direction

This makes no difference to their drivers. The majority of customers are going to tip or not regardless of this promotion. It's just a bullshit $3 coupon that needs to be redeemed within a week. It's to pump up sales.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
There are people who don't tip the delivery drivers?
Do a search on this forum for tipping and allow yourself to find countless threads of people who don't want to tip any service worker. Shit gets weird on here whenever it comes up. But lately it's at least been funneled into more outrage at low wages, which is better. But you'll still run across the weird post that is indignant they have to pay money they don't feel the server deserves or something.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a situation where Dominos would match the tip that the customer tips the driver. This is just... fucking stupid.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
We won't pay our employees well but we think it would be cool if you did.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, fuck off. Just pay your employees.

Also the reason they are matching with coupons is because they mark-up food to an insane degree. This sounds like they are giving away a lot more than they are.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
If they can do this they can just pay that money directly to their drivers. But of course, this is just a promo.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it just a zero dollar gain if you are tipping $3 and getting $3 back? What's the benefit here other than to the suits at dominos?

Yea I figured this was going to be some mediocre tip matching for the driver, (like the drivers would get discounted meals) not for the customer lol. Jesus I hate our culture of "pay them if you feel like it to help subsidize our wages and low pricing)

This is what happens when all these companies are shareholder first, public companies though. The incentive alignment makes it almost impossible to actually focus on workers, not that they probably would anyway. But the actual governance makes it impossible

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to place an order from Domino's a couple years ago and there was a $5 delivery fee. Having previously worked at Domino's when it was a $1 fee and I only got 10 cents of it, I was super skeptical. So I called and asked if any of that goes to the drive. Nope. I ordered for pickup.

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
on the Dominos side of things: i hate this "heres a coupon! arent we nice :) oh btw you need to use it in 7 days" stuff.

on the Customer side of things: If you are getting pizza delivered to your house, you should be tipping the drivers. More than $3.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
After living in Japan and visiting back there again recently after COVID inflation & tip increases, I find it frustrating. Businesses are offloading part of their payroll responsibility back to us and we're letting it slide.

It's so ingrained into our culture and economy that I still tip on everything, but I'm not a fan of it.

I doubt it'll change unfortunately. Even at the 20-30% tipping rate we now see since COVID (vs the previous 15-20%), that wasn't enough to have consumers push back.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to place an order from Domino's a couple years ago and there was a $5 delivery fee. Having previously worked at Domino's when it was a $1 fee and I only got 10 cents of it, I was super skeptical. So I called and asked if any of that goes to the drive. Nope. I ordered for pickup.
Enshittification

This is what always gets me as an Uber driver too. Eats is paying for my college otherwise I'd never do it. The surcharge to customers is so large with restaurant fees and Uber fees that customers probably think a good chunk goes to the driver, in fact most people I talk to think we make minimum wage + tips. So the lack of education around services people use constantly is pretty sad.