OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Can the PC version of Maui Mallard save your game?
Nah it uses a password system just like the console versions.
A few months later, but yeah.

Also, daily reminder that Disney owns The Simpsons now.

tumblr_mi319rXzCI1r5lye1o1_250.gif
That's one thing isn't coming up Milhouse.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Shame it can't save; that game is rock hard if I recall correctly.

Passwords will get the job done.

Given how late in the life of 16-bit Maui Mallard came out, that game is insanely inventive and clever. There's stuff in there I still haven't seen replicated. The bungee cord level, for one thing.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Hercules back when I played it as a kid. Instant buy.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Damn, blast from the past. That Hercules game was installed on every PC in my primary school (alongside Quake and Starcraft). I've played it a lot to say the least.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know pc versions existed for these.
That Disney sale.... thats speaking to me in ways the Star Wars sale didn't... told out for summer sale....

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BREH WHAT

Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have played Maui Mallard on the Genesis since I was a lil kid and this is literally the first time that I'm listening to the SNES and PC ver. Hoooooooooly shiiiiittttt bruh!
I feel bad for yall lol. The music in this game on SNES is heavenly lol. One of the best soundtracks on the system just slept on. That song literally sound like a groovy ass church song with them organs blowing like that.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh sick! I've been wondering about getting this on PC! I do know that load times are faster on PC but are missing some effects that the PS1 version had. Also the lack of save files.

But I love the game way too much lol.

Now bring the LEGO Racers games please!

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! I had no idea Maui Mallard was on PC. The SNES version is memories for me. I'll pick it up at the right price.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
YES! Was looking up the Cold Shadow OST just two weeks ago, this timing is amazing.

Mojo Mansion creeped the hell out of me as a kid.

Nobodyy hooome.

E: I'm pretty sure the PC soundtrack was done by the guy who scored Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Hercules is one of the GOAT from the PS1 era. God, I'd love a remastered collection of old Disney games.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
YOOOO, the ninja game. Fucking yes. Bought bought bought bought. Thank you OP for bringing this to my attention Tizoc

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Having trouble finding a source from 1997 while also pretending to work, but he specifically cited Disney's Hercules as being a violent game marketed to children. I think I'm remembering he wanted it off store shelves.
I guess it's not that far off from Mike Pence thinking Mulan would turn girls into lesbians.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was hoping it was that other Donald Duck game I played. Never played Maui Mallard.

I hope there's more Disney Interactive coming, I'll be happy to try out some games I've missed. I remember Toy Story 2 being one of the best Disney games.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
BREH WHAT

Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Always felt bad for the poor souls who played this on the Genesis.

I remember Cold Shadow being flat out impossible to beat as a kid. Today I'd wonder how that holds up!

It was really hard, but not impossible, i remember when i was a teen a 9 year old brother of a friend could beat it.

It helps that even when you game over you can go to options and select any level you have reached in your run, so, lets say you die at the final boss but you didn't win the minigame so you have no password, you can go to options and select the final boss to "practice", but if i recall correctly you still get to se the ending anyway. Level select resets as soon as you turn off the game however.

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
I got to try that Hercules game once for a bit as a kid and thought it was great. Had no idea there was a PC version.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Oh my god, I had totally forgotten that Maui Mallard existed, but this brings me back to my childhood. I remember kid me having a hard time with the difficulty though, so not sure how I'm gonna perform this time around.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow! I never knew Maui Mallard was on PC!

Played that game a lot as a child and always loved the idle animations. It's basically the end of an era where Disney torched the entire studio after it came out (irrc) because it didn't meet sales expectations. And they didn't really use old IPs in daring new setting again after that.

OST sounds awesome on PC, would have never guessed. This would be a complete nostalgia buy though because I have no idea if the game is actually good and holds up today.

Never played Hercules either, but it's fantastic that the vault has been opened and all these Disney classics are available to buy again. Same with the old Star Wars games.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's fair, i'm hoping it holds up.I remember it being annoyingly hard as a kid but that might just be because I was a kid.

Funnily, I actually played the PC version originally as a kid. It was one of my first PC games!

Unfortunately not, looking it up it seems Zero to Hero plays at the end/over the credits.
:( Well, the game couldnt be perfect...

YES! Was looking up the Cold Shadow OST just two weeks ago, this timing is amazing.

Mojo Mansion creeped the hell out of me as a kid.

Nobodyy hooome.

E: I'm pretty sure the PC soundtrack was done by the guy who scored Spider-Man: Homecoming.

the guy who scored Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The guy...
BRUH!
This guy is a fucking genius. He did a lot more than the spiderman homecoming ost (that is actually not one of his bests). Giacchino is the master behind the ost of The Incredible, Ratatouille, Up (which he won an oscar for), Lost, JW, the ending credits of cloverflied (that is the best tribute to Ifakube's godzilla music ever), composes the soundtrack for Disney coasters and rides... and of course, one of the best soundtracks ever made, Speed Racer.
:P

Last edited:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Maui Mallard is my jam.

Also since the soundtrack stuff was brought up, some of you might be interested but didn't know that Mickey Mania had similar progression with the various platforms it was on.
There's also some unique tracks between some of the versions if I remember right. Here's a playlist of the PS1 version which is its "final form".