• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Here's a little glimpse of what #DontNodMontreal is brewing!
Does it bring back childhood memories?
We are looking for talents to join the team in Montréal on this new narrative game!
Find all our job openings here: http://bit.ly/DNMontrealJobs

x3hhXSM.jpg

Looks like a DON'T NOD game alright!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That is a tasty CRT TV. Maybe I could sneak in and watch "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within"

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
That screenshot makes me think people have been scrolling a lot of tumblr Reshade/Gshade shots. It's got that... I don't know how to describe it, but to my mind it looks like things are beautifully sculpted from clay. It's a very particular aesthetic I see a lot. Kinda interesting.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a 90's kid simulator.

If I'm a betting man I say this game will have a horror element, based on nothing of course.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so photorealistic except for the way the cables hang over the table and cabinet edges. ;)

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
The art style reminds me of Life Is Strange! If there is romance, hopefully queer romance is still an option!!!

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game is more interesting than the last few LiS games + Tell Me Why. No one's been able to recreate the magic of that first game.

KharijTheDog

Sep 23, 2022
I have nothing to base this on, but I have a gut feeling with the out of the blue announcement of Life is Strange 2's Switch port that potentially SE may have licensed the IP to DON'T NOD again...

...Or this is just another game that heavily borrows LiS's aesthetics while not being an actual Life is Strange game ala Tell Me Why. Either way, the teaser has piqued my interest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing to base this on, but I have a gut feeling with the out of the blue announcement of Life is Strange 2's Switch port that potentially SE may have licensed the IP to DON'T NOD again...

...Or this is just another game that heavily borrows LiS's aesthetics while not being an actual Life is Strange game ala Tell Me Why. Either way, the teaser has piqued my interest.

I think Deck Nine is making the next LiS. I would be shocked if they weren't.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Can anyone tell me if the remake of 1 is that much better than the original? Im looking to get into the series. Qlso are the Before the Storm and True Colors as good as 1 and 2?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in their next game for Focus Entertainment, that ghost game that was shown at TGA.

Their last game for Focus was Vampyr.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the remake of 1 is that much better than the original? Im looking to get into the series. Qlso are the Before the Storm and True Colors as good as 1 and 2?
If you are going to play it, not on Switch unless you really have to. I played it for the first time, and the Switch version has characters T-posing in important cutscenes and a plot point entirely missing because the asset just won't load in that version. I saw a screenshot of the PS4 remaster and I was like "wait, did I mess up my playthrough? I don't remember this happening…" lol

Haven't played the prequel yet, but True Colors has one of the best game protagonists in recent years, even if the story itself is a bit lackluster.

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
If Mad Catz made their own console, that's exactly what I would expect it to look like.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
If you are going to play it, not on Switch unless you really have to. I played it for the first time, and the Switch version has characters T-posing in important cutscenes and a plot point entirely missing because the asset just won't load in that version. I saw a screenshot of the PS4 remaster and I was like "wait, did I mess up my playthrough? I don't remember this happening…" lol

Haven't played the prequel yet, but True Colors has one of the best game protagonists in recent years, even if the story itself is a bit lackluster.
ill have to play it on Steam since im only with my laptop atm but thanks for the head ups, ill try to wait for a sale and get them all.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The remaster isn't that much better. It improves on the lipsyching and some animations but it also had some issues at launch, not sure if they fixed it. Some people really like Before the Storm, personally I think it's alright and does the job if you want more of that world after 1. True Colors maybe isn't as good because of the story and intrigue but it has in my opinion the best protagonist who really carries the game.

I think they're all worth playing. Best thing to do is try 1 and see how you much you like it, and if so play them all.