• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Calling all goblins! (And duendes, Kobolde, gobelins…) We're thrilled to share that voiceover for Tell Me Why is now available in the following languages:
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish (Latin America)
  • Portuguese (Brazil)

Yes! All of our voice actors for Tyler are trans. Tyler is voiced in French by Sohan Pague, a talented actor and singer.

Cool to see the game still receiving support. And that they kept their promise of casting trans voice actors :)

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Huh, that's actually pretty great. International dubbings are usually a shitshow as far as representativity is concerned (a white guy dubbed Black Panther in Brazil lmao) so it's a bit (positively) surprising that they got trans actors for all their internationals dubs. Good on them (and the localization studios).

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
See developers? It's not that hard to do the right thing.
I hate that I don't like their games but I am thinking of supporting them anyway now. Maybe buy some merchandise!

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oh damn, will check the latinamerican spanish.

does anyone know who is voicing Tyler?

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
amazing, my girlfriend is about to begin her playthrough and will be super happy with dubs in portuguese (she is not a big fan of subtitles)

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
Pretty sure they had a really reduced pool of actors, for reasons like lots of trans actors don't wanting to be typecasted.

That is just because this is the beginning. I truly believe and hope that one day trans will be so ordinary and part of society that people don't even care about the difference anymore. Today is not that day though, so for now it is great that companies are making sure that the jobs go to the people who should have them.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Kinda wanna replay this game. I had my criticisms but it was a really solid game overall with amazing art direction and voice acting of course.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People need to play/buy this game it's great, show all that desire for representation with support.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I know it's not always entirely fair to the many people involved in making a game, but it feels good to support a studio that so heavily supports Trans Rights...

... While CDPR still needs to get their act together.

Worldres

Mar 30, 2019
After all the transphobic crap that has been going on lately, finally, some heartwarming news! :)

Oct 31, 2017
That's pretty amazing. Maybe even a first for a video game (trans MC being voiced by a trans actor in all languages)?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Great stuff.

Well done to Dontnod for going the extra mile here for representation.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, that's fucking rad! I feel no other devs should have an excuse if DONTNOD could find trans VAs in all those languages. Awesome for representation not only within the art but the creation of it too.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Very cool. This is the kind of thing that no one would have really questioned if it hadn't been the case,, but the devs went above and beyond and that's amazing.