JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Also curious about this. I've got an 8, but would love to hear some impressions of the iOS version.
Waiting on iOS impressions too! Def seems like the type of game that would sit in the backlog indefinitely if I bought on PS4 but would be played through and through on the subway if I get for my phone

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Pretty sure I'm near the end and I've enjoyed the game a lot. Super simple and charming game. Been playing it on a 7+ and it runs well. No hiccups, nothing. 5 bucks well spent imo.

Yeah that was the last level. Pretty chill game. Will replay it later down the road for sure

Last edited:

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone loves the mechanic but would like a more Katamari-like level structure, try Hole.io

I almost expected a mode like that in this game, but I see they were going for something very specific and focused.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only one trophy away from the platinum and it's glitched which is rather frustrating. It's the bandit trophy, where you have to move the claw a certain direction and then press grab.

I've done it at least five times now starting from the correct place and nothing happens when I press grab :( I've seen a couple other comments from people on YouTube saying it's glitched for them as well.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure to get the

Die at the boss fight trophy

It adds a nice little bonus scene.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Got the platinum last night. This is definitely a delightful little game. I have no qualms about the length because it feels like a complete, focused experience. The Trashopedia got some good laughs out of me and is absolutely the strongest writing in the game and as a result, makes BK the most well defined character. The other characters are visually charming but they all speak with pretty much the same voice which hurts characterization a bit. I also would have preferred the text sp33k to stick to the actual phone text message conversations that happen throughout rather than slide into the main conversations but eh. It's a stylistic choice that just doesn't really work for me.

Gameplay wise it's great though very easy all the way through. As a huge Katamari fan, the basic loop of growing bigger by consuming things is immediately appealing.

Last edited:

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Man, this game gets brutal fast. I got up to the part where a raccoon texts you and I chose the path of the bird emoji and now I'm locked in a battle of attrition. It's tough going, but I'm not going to give up before the raccoon does. I got a six bird combo at one point so I think it's going pretty well.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Man, this game gets brutal fast. I got up to the part where a raccoon texts you and I chose the path of the bird emoji and now I'm locked in a battle of attrition. It's tough going, but I'm not going to give up before the raccoon does. I got a six bird combo at one point so I think it's going pretty well.
Have you learned to parry? I found that section a lot easier once I started timing my emojis.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I've now been playing the "no, YOU stop sending bird emojis first" minigame for an hour and a half and I have to say it's really starting to overstay its welcome. I think the worst part is that there's no progress indicator so I don't even know how far along I am. If I exit the game now, does it save my bird emoji progress? This is the very first thing the player encounters, so you'd think more thought would have been put into it.

I think I remember that you control some kind of hole in this game as well? Is that a thing? I really wanna try that, but I'm certainly not going to let some hecking trash panda defeat me in a battle of bird emojis.

Have you learned to parry? I found that section a lot easier once I started timing my emojis.

I didn't even know there were other options besides sending a bird emoji and sending a reply. I did think it was annoying that there's a little waiting period while the raccoon drafts its emoji response, but I never even considered that was so you'd have to time to parry. All I've done is spam the bird emoji button. I've gotten a ten bird emoji combo a couple times now, but I don't feel any sense of accomplishment in it. It just feels like the raccoon letting you send more bird emojis before replying is entirely dependent on RNG.

OP
OP
Wozman23

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
yE6XHy3.png

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beat it in a few hours. Enjoyed it, but after all the hype and the $5 cost of the game I expected a bit more.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Be advised: When the game says it saves your progress when you quit, this doesn't apply to your progress in the "send bird emojis to raccoon" minigame. I played it for two hours, and when I went back, the game made me start the whole thing over.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it last night in IOS

Brilliant little game. Exactly as long as the concept needed to be imo.

Felt like watching a funny little mini series

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
I really enjoyed the final third, although it did make me wish that its more concentrated design was introduced a little earlier. The first two-thirds of the game are essentially a long tutorial, and are also the part where the game sort of drags. Donut County was joyful and twee, and knew exactly when to walk out the door, but I do think with a little tighter pacing it could have been a great game. Still, hard to fault a game that is so friendly and has such tremendous audio/visuals.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Is, uh, there some reason this is way cheaper on IOS than other platforms? It's not missing anything right?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
What a fun little game. I wonder if there's anything I've missed, though.

Definitely made me realize even more than ever that I really miss Keita Takahashi (and Katamari Damacy in general, though his games in the series were always clearly the best).

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised this thread isn't bigger considering the pre-release buzz seemed to be higher than normal for an indie of this size. I personally enjoyed it... but that ending. Woof.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it last night and overall I loved it. I thought it was really funny. I could have used more puzzle-solving though. Good value for the price, don't regret it one bit.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Really surprised this thread isn't bigger considering the pre-release buzz seemed to be higher than normal for an indie of this size. I personally enjoyed it... but that ending. Woof.
Opinions and all that. I thought the last level was the best part of the game.

It's a fun little test that winks at the fourth wall without giving up the humor and easiness that came before it. The game's metagame switch doesn't come out of no where either, the dialogue hints several times that we're heading towards a videogame-y ending. I wish the other levels were as inventive or fully explored as that last third.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Opinions and all that. I thought the last level was the best part of the game.

It's a fun little test that winks at the fourth wall without giving up the humor and easiness that came before it. The game's metagame switch doesn't come out of no where either, the dialogue hints several times that we're heading towards a videogame-y ending. I wish the other levels were as inventive or fully explored as that last third.

Eh, I can agree with part of that.

The two lab levels start combining mechanics which I thought was interesting and hinted at where the game could have gone if it had carried on further. But I don't think the boss battle is a 'test' since it's literally impossible to fail without actively trying. The humor also changed from breezy slacker dialogue to "wacky" lines about butt wiping and hands stuck in jars. It just seems entirely incongruent with the rest of the experience. I know I'm an outlier here though, one of my friends felt the same way - that the earlier experience was too slight and that it really only picked up right where I thought it started to fall apart. I just wish it hadn't changed its tone so much, and jettisoned the boss battle - the further complication of mechanics was fine, but also again, a little counter to the slacker mellow chill barely thinking puzzle vibe of the first hour and a half.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It was a nice silly game. I honestly think 12 dollars might have been too much but whatever I had some fun.

The boss battle was very underwhelming though.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished as well. Music is really good. I liked the art style. The "gameplay" just felt very half-baked to me, though. Wish that the levels had been a bit bigger and allowed a bit more freedom and creativity as to how to complete them. The puzzles are mostly braindead which was unfortunate. Cute little game for what it is, though.

Also, kind of a shame that the game isn't voice-acted. The voice-acted trailer from a bit back was pretty funny. The game has too much dialogue and a couple of voice actors would have gone a long way in making it more fun.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, for the few people that will care about this, they added a duck sticker to the Donut County iPhone sticker pack.
fM8uxD2.png

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
This game was a very very Fun experience. Totally Loved BK. Kinda reminded me of Rocket from Gotg ( they're both raccoons ikr ! ). The game play was really smooth and fun. Wish it was a longer experience tho.

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Not really anything to do with this game in particular, but I've seen on my Whatsapp that Annapurna Interactive might be sold or shut down.