• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
PREVIOUS THREAD
www.resetera.com

Doodled Dragons, a NFT-collection that was supposed to donate all earnings to charity, took all the money and ran

Twitter account deleted. https://twitter.com/DoodledDragons_/with_replies

previous thread was closed apparently a screenshot was not enough

web.archive.org

Doodled Dragons | SOLD OUT! on Twitter

“actually. fuck that. our charity will instead now be… my bank account. cya nerds.”

here's the tweet in wayback machine

magiceden.io

Magic Eden

Magic Eden is the NFT marketplace that Solana deserves, smooth as silk & fast as Solana.

magic eden flagged it as a scam

not sure what more proof is required lol

20220110_112754.jpg

EDIT:
Wow it just got more insane
Apparently they ripped off another NFT lmao

Last edited:

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow weird another nft related scam. never seen those before

like come on, this is the default to expect from any nft collection is some sort of scam or money laundering scheme. it rarely seems to be anything else!

Oct 28, 2017
The WWF they were going to donate to was actually the rubber LJN wresting toys from the 80s. It's a simple misunderstanding.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
oh wow who would have thought that someone trying to sell you nfts would be lying to you

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I have to ask. Why left eye of the dragons are detached? To show you can shit out anything and people will still buy it?

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Ok, I have to ask. Why left eye of the dragons are detached? To show you can shit out anything and people will still buy it?

It's representative of how we are detached from the reality meta of NFTs being the new media in which web 3.0 artists explore contemporary thinking through art.. it being the left is also important as it will shows the left 'woke' liberals are the ones outside "detached" from the right on this new meta...

Or you know it's a shit cartoon shit out for a nft scam..

Either or really

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
The only difference between this NFT and other NFTs is that this person has taken their mask off. While their openness about scamming people is noteworthy, it's all the same in the end. Everyone that buys into NFTs should expect to be scammed but with different flavors of scamming.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked up and seems this guy imitated another artist by using a similar sounding name and copied their art. The buyers who bought in probably did not verify who they were buying it from, this is done by checking the wallet address of the NFT they are sending the money to and verifying that it's the same wallet address as the original artist, which would be visible on the artist's web pages.

This does mean you have to research and know about the artist beforehand, and if you don't know what you are buying and from who you can get scammed like here. I'd assume the reason people didn't do that is most likely because they didn't know anytning about the artist or the project before buying, which is easy to do during the hysteria of the NFT gold rush these days

nftcalendar.io

Doodle Dragonz

A collection of 1,111 uniquely drawn Dragonz on the Solana Blockhain at 0.25SOL per mint. An unofficial derivative inspired by Doodles and Boryoku Dragonz. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH DOODLED...

Doodle Dragonz

Doodle Dragonz

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
So let me get this straight:

First there were successful NFT runs called Bōryoku Dragonz and Doodles

Then, someone decided to combine the two into an "unofficial derivative" called Doodle Dragonz

But then before Doodle Dragonz could even get out the door, someone else made a ripoff of their unofficial derivative called "Doodled Dragons" and that ripoff sold out so now the "original" Doodle Dragonz Team (who didn't invent the idea of doodle NFTs or dragon NFTs) are mad that they got beaten to the punch.

This all has very strong "ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL" energy coming off it.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Man if only there was some way to prevent things like this from happening
Maybe like some kind of regulation so you'd have recourse if someone scammed you
Idk though that sounds impossible, surely nothing like that exists

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017

Then, someone decided to combine the two into an "unofficial derivative" called Doodle Dragonz

But then before Doodle Dragonz could even get out the door, someone else made a ripoff of their unofficial derivative called "Doodled Dragons" and that ripoff sold out so now the "original" Doodle Dragonz Team (who didn't invent the idea of doodle NFTs or dragon NFTs) are mad that they got beaten to the punch.

It's like some sort of Scamception.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

The rabbit hole gets deeper hah

edit: The thing is the final person (who the thread is about) plagarised the idea when Doodle Dragonz announced the product. Which I guess is not the problem. The problem is, the person who did that took the money and ran. I donno if this person was pretending to be the original Doodle Dragonz or if they were posing as an original artist separate from Doodlez Dragons but with the "same idea but first".

Last edited:

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I feel sorry for no one here.

Except the animals, I guess, who are getting fucked over by the NFTs and the lack of those donations.

Cya nerds us still very funny, though.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that every NFT project (or scam NFT project, but there is no difference) focused on absolutely ugly artwork?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Why is it that every NFT project (or scam NFT project, but there is no difference) focused on absolutely ugly artwork?
There's a lot of factors, but the main ones seem to be:

1. They're template-based and have a relatively small amount of interchangeable parts, so nobody is actually paying attention to the aesthetics or design, they're just having an algorithm dump out 10,000 of them based on a bucket of parts.

2. Bad art NFTs sell just as well (or better) than those made with love, so there's no profit incentive for making/commissioning lovingly rendered art for NFTs, or even putting a lot of effort into your AI-generated templates.

3. Because of factors 1 and 2, "shockingly low quality Ratfink/Garbage Pail Kids/Undertale fan art" is the defacto "style" for NFTs, so that's the look people continue to go for.

4. Both NFT makers and NFT buyers have no taste.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Oh no, shocker. And fucking lol at closing the previous thread when the evidence was fucking right there but somehow NFT threads now require HARD PROOF.