• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

these were 3 of the more notable bethesda games missing from the initial batch added to game pass in march.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I swear Doom 2016 was already on gamepass. I guess it must have left the service at some point.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Please play The Evil Within 2 if you haven't. I enjoyed it a lot when I played it at launch. Creepy vibe throughout.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not played EW2 , looking forward to it.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'll def run through at least Doom and TEW2 for the achievements

Fallout 3 depends on if it 1:comes to PC Game Pass and/or gets a 60fps patch on console. I tried a playthrough of New Vegas when it went into Game Pass and couldn't take being stuck at 30fps

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Loved doom eternal but haven't played the first one. Was about to buy it but I guess I'll wait.

ok well this will be interesting lol Doom Eternal plays pretty differently from Doom 2016. the "combat chess" isnt as intense (once you get the super shotgun you can kinda cheese everything), there isn't anything like Marauders, possessed demons, you dont have to go around chainsawing everything for ammo, etc.

Not saying it's bad. I love them both. It will definitely be an adjustment

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Please play The Evil Within 2 if you haven't. I enjoyed it a lot when I played it at launch. Creepy vibe throughout.

Do you recommend playing the first game before EW2? I've been hoping for a FPS boost on the original title before giving it a go, but i'd be tempted to just start with the sequel if the first isn't that essential.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Do you recommend playing the first game before EW2? I've been hoping for a FPS boost on the original title before giving it a go, but i'd be tempted to just start with the sequel if the first isn't that essential.

I personally didn't enjoy the first game as much but I know many prefer it.

You'd want to know the story beats from the first game either way so I would at least check out a story summary on YouTube before starting the second game. I don't think actually playing the entire first game is necessary as long as you know what happened in it.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I personally didn't enjoy the first game as much but I know many prefer it.

You'd want to know the story beats from the first game either way so I would at least check out a story summary on YouTube before starting the second game. I don't think actually playing the entire first game is necessary as long as you know what happened in it.

Thanks. I'll give the first game a chance to show up on FPS boost while I work through a few games in my backlog and if it doesn't show up I think I'll jump in on TEW2.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
EW1 started strong and got worse as it kept going. Probably one of the most frustrating last 1/3 in a videogame ever. I'd just read or watch a summary.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
ok well this will be interesting lol Doom Eternal plays pretty differently from Doom 2016. the "combat chess" isnt as intense (once you get the super shotgun you can kinda cheese everything), there isn't anything like Marauders, possessed demons, you dont have to go around chainsawing everything for ammo, etc.

Not saying it's bad. I love them both. It will definitely be an adjustment

yeah I heard it was different with some preferring the first over the second. I really loved the intensity of the 2nd and the constant juggling of amo, armour, gun selection. But yeah, those marauders can go fuck themselves lol

controversial but I also liked the "platforming" sections which I believe are completely absent from the first.

potential new games coming to GP

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Potential new Game Pass games based on the E3 sale ending tomorrow only for these games. All other games on sale ends in 5 days.

Doom 2016
Dishonored Death of the Outsider
Wolfenstein II
Evil Within 2
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Rage (360)
Fallout 3 (360)

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like it could easily be a photoshop.

Honestly, the Bethesda game I'm missing the most is Wolfenstein 2. Where is it! Incredible game, more people need to play it.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Do give Evil Within 2 a try! The first area of the game after a short linear opening section, gave kind of a sandbox world silent hill vibe to it.

It has quite a number of things to do in the first area alone and should be able to give you your first impressions fairly quickly in terms of gameplay and setting if you like the game or not.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Now is not the time to be asking questions. Just play it.

Yep. It's a fantastic horror game. The first one was pretty terrible and put me off playing the second for a while. Got it on the cheap though and glad I did. Well worth anyone's time.

I enjoyed the first few hours of TEW tremendously but then it just got super weird the closer it got to the end. But 2, oh man. It was everything I wanted Silent Hill Downpour to be. I really love this whole sandbox horror setting. I kinda want more horror games in this style.
Also they actually managed to make Sebastian a likeable character lol

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
heh, of course this would happen. Timing is just not on my side. I got me a retail copy of TEW 2 to play on my Series console last week for like 7 bucks. It is still a blast to play through with that said (game pass or not).