Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
instead of the multiplayer i would have liked something like a massive 100floor tower with single challenge arenas...could have been called the "tower of doom"

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused about replaying missions. I missed one encounter in Exultia and went back for it, did the encounter, and then selected Return to Campaign, as it said it would save my progress, but it still shows that encounter as missing in the Mission Select? Do I have to beat the whole mission again, then?

Oct 26, 2017
icYaCV079YtRpH1jXRuVo3VyCaTdPp9F4iW08G6oWGcymzL1JaxRx2fAljFRaHM5Ix2aH04ivfQp7IvwTGoHylnNUPeLc6c7wZ-bdbTGFqbtklDPZtSHX7nNA0eM7z76YvoL1RUqBRqAWjL1fqtarMn1fWvy4L_jXrG9LcAxuNhFvet0uXQlW3hzaiBIPDvQaTezS2YJxJXqdTjvyJ03aLK7ICzJTII8EDPP1Cr0EJFx8MFRtnAbC2HD0JLAlPSE8TyJebN6NX_NFZiWdamd8pk-z2nHYzg1wWv5n8EbDn0xv5bVpdxd1SawlwEnOGKUTTQmbytDW8ntj3iEvDStaI80jKSdMyc8S6uO2yAcSLu40RKzmtui68RLSuWrtgju_tztHBpCkIaKGX5NXFncOE2zZ3o097NOOVTH1vXC7p6mcRKXoFJ3PEFalMXZdFBFLPiNhdHpdt55U_mlQ4DPlpL5PjNqUPu7wYdb4gw0AhfP1t6GPBcrMXhO7pkwmTWp3nbzz2buPYLEYvEHevdiEacXiX2izqyUvysl5Rhukbzi9bEyWjEj23EOvWdA1HYVTNjKTmkiLV5hdCJh-7dkPW16I60hKnwo4PpuhuQb6sxkCe-80VE2B1X4xFPtyuiA0PO0bVkMwlxs9SNbz-2767hLWnyIS8wcvsQ-rKfF24CXeIGJIm6kQY7yDzokpw=w800-h450-no

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Game is incredible, glad I played 2016 recently as it feels like this one just continues where that one left off and ramps it up immediately. I like that this one forces me to use all of my weapons, at least early on, unlike 2016 where I used the same combo pretty much. The combat is very intense, more intense than the last game, l go into a trance of death and metal and I have it so loud in my headphones I gave myself a headache yesterday. I don't mind the platforming, it gives me a chance to chill out between battles. Not sure I like the hub world much though, but I do like his guitar collection.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So uh im confused as to what to do.

So I beat M2 and went back to the fortress of DOOM. I got the ice upgrade and then i went to the prison as it told me to do and kill people which the game told me I successfully did but then after leaving the prison....nothing ? no objective is popping up...nothing

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the first main boss on Nightmare and haven't felt like needing to turn the difficulty down at all yet. The load times in this game are under a second for me which is crazy.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

...kinda want that as a skin now.

I'm having a little trouble adjusting to this game. I know I must flame belch at all times, unless there is nothing to burn. That way lies survival. But I just keep getting overwhelmed at all the things I can do in the game. Lots of demons have hard counters, which is great, except when that hard counter isn't ready and the demon is right there. Like a Caco shows up, my grenades are freeze, and my shotgun is set to full auto. It takes a while to remember where to go to get a grenade flying in its direction. And then I get bitten.

I'm playing on Hurt Me Plenty and I'm still currently at a positive value of extra lives, but I am considering going back to level 1 and grabbing a few more. If that's a thing you can do? Do lives stick around and can they be farmed mid-campaign?

astro

Oct 25, 2017

So I beat M2 and went back to the fortress of DOOM. I got the ice upgrade and then i went to the prison as it told me to do and kill people which the game told me I successfully did but then after leaving the prison....nothing ? no objective is popping up...nothing
Sometimes you need to press alt or whatever the key is on pad to show the marker.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017

go back up top of the fortress and initiate a portal to the next level. the fortress serves as a hub, youll return there after every level and you have to start a portal to the next level.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
normally, after you finish the ripatorium it ends and you go back to the portal
go back up top of the fortress and initiate a portal to the next level. the fortress serves as a hub, youll return there after every level and you have to start a portal to the next level.

Turns out I needed to get a suit point but it was soft-locked so i had to restart the game.

Weird but ..fixed now.

thanks though appreciate it

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question for console/controller players

Did they fix the movement system in this? Specifically how you essentially had to hold the analog all the way forward to move pretty much? Absolutely hated this in 2016. Yeah, I know the idea is to be always running, but it was still a waste of analog range.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, level 5 was so good.
If the rest of the game is like this, it may be the best FPS ever.

Quick question for console/controller players

Did they fix the movement system in this? Specifically how you essentially had to hold the analog all the way forward to move pretty much? Absolutely hated this in 2016. Yeah, I know the idea is to be always running, but it was still a waste of analog range.

Didn't really notice an issue with this in 2016. I just replayed it before this.
As soon as you tilt it a tiny bit, he'll move slowly. The more it's tilted, the faster he'll move.
You need to be titled all the way to move at max speed if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
I knew the point of no return for endgame was coming, so I finished off the remaining slayer gates and unlocked the unmaykr then went to bed.

Got up, went to do the endgame... 2 levels into the final no return stretch and I realise it didn't autosave when I unlocked the unmaykr. So now I can't test it out :((((((((

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
I've had several crashes today with no error messages or warnings. Just dumps me to the desktop. Didnt start until this morning. :(
Anyone with ideas on this? I've not had a game start today. It loads up my save game, gets to 100%, and then silently dies and goes to desktop.

I did just update Nvidia drivers, so could be related. :|

Edit: Tried starting a new game. Same behavior.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want a wave based thing but with friends. Slayer rooms that get increasingly more difficult with one other guy sounds amazing.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I have to say if there's one mechanic that's undercooked it's the bloodpunch. It's just weird, one shots every fodder monster, but for the rest it's kind of a shit lottery. Massive damage to most, one shot on some medium weights.. I barely used it throughout the game except on the final boss because of all the free refills.
A instant aoe centered on you that one shots fodder, does massive damage to most, and one shots medium Monsters is a shit lottery? It's great and even better with the rune that makes enemies give you health when you do it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The issue with PvP is that people on console, specifically, aren't FPS gods. Everybody on reddit says you gotta be seasoned as Slayer and I consider myself fucking solid at shooting games but it's still so tough to the point where I'm sweating. I feel like it should be better balanced hands down.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
I haven't used sentinel armor yet, but I'm highly considering swallowing my pride and using it against the Khan Maker. Doesn't help that she does some Gears Hammer of Dawn shit lol.

Ugh...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
what's the best thing to use those sentinel batteries on in the ship?...I think I have like 15 of them collected...I got the message on-screen about 'Last Chance' meaning the point of no return so I want to make sure I'm loaded up well before the final level

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The issue with PvP is that people on console, specifically, aren't FPS gods. Everybody on reddit says you gotta be seasoned as Slayer and I consider myself fucking solid at shooting games but it's still so tough to the point where I'm sweating. I feel like it should be better balanced hands down.

the issue with pvp is that it is garbage in this game...the balancing sucks

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's the best thing to use those sentinel batteries on in the ship?...I think I have like 15 of them collected...I got the message on-screen about 'Last Chance' meaning the point of no return so I want to make sure I'm loaded up well before the final level

There's two things on the bottom floor that give you more health/armor/ammo and are definitely the best thing to get. There's more batteries ingame than their are slots so you might be able to just get everything.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the issue with pvp is that it is garbage in this game...the balancing sucks

I think it could be something special but it'sgonna die if they don't address the netcode and the balancing. I also think demons shouldn't be selected again if it's already taken. Part of me believes they balance this stuff around around PC still and pay no attention to console. All the gameplay I see on pc looks so natural. I mean I understand it's DOOM but show Xbox players love too.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Man o man I am on mission 7 and now im starting to absolutely shred these encounters. This feels so good. There was a marauder in my slayer gate and I didn't give a single fuck I fucked that boy up sent him straight back to hell with his homies fuck this game is so good.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the PVP is just a case of the slayer having a lower skill floor and a higher skill ceiling. I've seen some slayers that seem untouchable - stuff that you'd really have to sweat and coordinate to win as demons and even then idk. But a slayer of lower skill will absolutely get rolled.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
What HUD presets are people rolling with?

I've cleaned mine up a bit as I found the default HUD far too intrusive.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game had overheated my PS4 Pro three times to the point of instant shutdown. I haven't had that issue with anything else, ever. Any suggestions?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hey so, just beat this on HMP! FANTASTIC Game.
I'm gonna hop back in to cleanup collectibles and then start a new playthrough... Do you guys think the jump to nightmare would be too much? I've got a handle on all the mechanics, even marauders aren't so bad on this difficulty anymore.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hey so, just beat this on HMP! FANTASTIC Game.
I'm gonna hop back in to cleanup collectibles and then start a new playthrough... Do you guys think the jump to nightmare would be too much? I've got a handle on all the mechanics, even marauders aren't so bad on this difficulty anymore.

nightmare is brutal in the beginning but constantly eases up with upgrades. it is definitely challenging but ultimately satisfying.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, shit just got real in level 3. Unbelievable. That slayer gate was intense. Not something to play before bed time.

How is NG+ handled? Replaying missions at will, or literally starting a new campaign with all unlocks?

Amazing game so far, even on HMP.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There's two things on the bottom floor that give you more health/armor/ammo and are definitely the best thing to get. There's more batteries ingame than their are slots so you might be able to just get everything.

OK, I thought there might have been some secret weapons or items hidden on the ship...

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Just completed the game on UV. I am spent. Like having multi-orgasms back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back was each level. Just praying for a platforming part to just relax and nope time to blow loads for the next forever bit, I AM SO TENSE RIGHT NOWWWWWW!!!!

Since Covid19 has closed down so many things, like my massage therapist, I am never going to get my back/neck muscles to relax. God dammit this game!! Crippled me but good.

Anyways, Thanks iD! Goodness, what a ride. Bless be the whole team that brought this to us. Thanks everyone involved, you beautiful people, you!

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
GODAMN the platforming in this game is fantastic. It has completely solved platforming in a first person game. It just feels SO FUCKING GOOD. jumping. double jumping. double dashing to platforms quickly and effortlessly is really impressive. Loving this.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
GODAMN the platforming in this game is fantastic. It has completely solved platforming in a first person game. It just feels SO FUCKING GOOD. jumping. double jumping. double dashing to platforms quickly and effortlessly is really impressive. Loving this.

only issue I had was that sometimes the platform collapses super quick and it's not really clear where to jump to next