• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump but I just been watching this for the past 2 weeks and this is great. I've been in a dump lately but this show really helped with some of my emotions the past few weeks. Everything has a sense of a relatability despite the absurd nature behind it all, and I think it's one of the very few superhero material that makes you see how it feels to be someone with extraordinary powers. I'm sad that covid fucked up the production but I'm at least happy its getting a new season. Can't wait.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't feel bad for the bump, it's nice to see a new fan. The show is beautiful and heart changing, every time it touches someone new it is a good thing. So glad you enjoyed it.

Also, please oh please season 3, please happen as soon as possible. I understand Covid, it just sucks, especially since season 2 was Covid shortened leaving even more open threads and reasons to want to see more.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to randomly jump into this a few weeks ago since I love Brendan Frasier and have been enjoying it a lot. Only have one episode left, overall I think season 1 was better. Glad to see season 3 is confirmed. Want to watch titans right after.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Too bad they didn't release the ending of season 2 as a special. It being cut short really took the breath out of the excitement for the show.

Either way being on season 3

Adeptfawn

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Wonder when season 3 will actually come out though. Guessing next year?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I delayed watching Season 2 to avoid having a long gap. I watched it all about a month ago and loved it. I'm looking forward to season 3.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some more casting announcements.

tvline.com

Doom Patrol Casts Sisterhood of Dada and The Dead Boy Detective Agency for Season 3 on HBO Max — Get Details

Doom Patrol in Season 3 will introduce both its version of the Brotherhood of Dada as well as the Dead Boy Detective Agency, cutting deep as it does with the more arcane comic book fodder. The Sisterhood of Dada, as it will be known on the HBO Max original, is comprised of Malcolm (played by […]
Nice, thanks for posting. I just started a rewatch from the pilot this week so while I knew we were getting another season sooner is better than later, makes it feel more real.

May 26, 2018
Finished Season 2 last night. Thought it was a really grim cliffhanger, turns out COVID stopped it short! Glad it's getting a third season :)

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finished Season 2 last night. Thought it was a really grim cliffhanger, turns out COVID stopped it short! Glad it's getting a third season :)
Yeah, there was supposed to be another full episode. It will feel like oldschool television, with three quarters of the first episode dedicated to wrapping up last season.

Or it's like titans because I recall that season 1 getting wrapped up in season 2, and that was by design stupidly enough.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah, there was supposed to be another full episode. It will feel like oldschool television, with three quarters of the first episode dedicated to wrapping up last season.

Or it's like titans because I recall that season 1 getting wrapped up in season 2, and that was by design stupidly enough.

The Titans season 1 finale/season 2 premiere is so dumb since it's not even a great hook for a season transition.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I freakin loved Doom Patrol. It's great. Season three in a few months is too long after that cliffhanger.

I'm watching Titans now and that episode where they introduce Doom Patrol is so weird after watching the show proper.

Diane Guerrero is probably my favorite actor in this, but Brendan Fraser is fucking hilarious. Timothy Dalton is so good too. I never really saw anything else he's in other than James Bond and I guess he's in Rocketeer.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I freakin loved Doom Patrol. It's great. Season three in a few months is too long after that cliffhanger.

I'm watching Titans now and that episode where they introduce Doom Patrol is so weird after watching the show proper.

Diane Guerrero is probably my favorite actor in this, but Brendan Fraser is fucking hilarious. Timothy Dalton is so good too. I never really saw anything else he's in other than James Bond and I guess he's in Rocketeer.
Ha was also great in Penny Dreadful

Sep 7, 2018
I was wondering does this show ever mention why some metas age while others don't. We know why the current Doom Patrol doesn't, but what about the old one that was at that school? All of them were old. But Flex is still the same age.

Last edited:

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering does this show ever mention why some metas age while others don't. We know why the current Doom Patrol doesn't, but what about the old one that was at that school? All of them were old. But Flex is still the same age.

Yeah that confused me for a while too. Not sure how far you are into the show, but that does get addressed eventually.