• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
This episode felt a tad rushed (mostly in the carnival bits), but overall, it was still really good. The cliffhanger is a bummer, but more than understandable, considering the circumstances. It'll be a long wait until Season 3, but assuming it happens, I'm psyched to see where it all goes.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
"Miranda's" dialog made it sound like her father along with the flashes during the flashback swinging scene where apparently Jane manifested.

Now watch them be dicks and cancel Doom Patrol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That was a good episode that DEFINITELY did not feel like a finale, thanks COVID.

Good news is, the entire Doom Patrol cast (I think) seems to be at Fandome so I imagine they do plan to keep the show going.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, that was a hell of a good episode. The season hasn't always been as good as S1, but this seems like a huge evolution from the days of the Uncreator and such.

If they don't renew I'm gonna be so mad...

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they release the resolution to this episode before the next season.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Please for the love of Jesus ("Jesus!") let this get renewed for another season. I could not think of a worse place for it to end.

Also it's pretty clear there was meant to be another handful of episodes that closed out this Candlemaker thing but now that it's the cliffhanger they probably have to either make a whole other season around it or resolve it in just an episode or two otherwise it'll be weird. Or maybe they'll try to blend it with some other DP storyline I'm unfamiliar with.

Either way I really look forward to whatever is next at the tail end of 2021 or early 2022.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
well that definitely felt like the penultimate episode of the season rather than a season finale (I wonder why).

wish i had more confidence that the show would get renewed

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
caught up and welp, got what I was worried about, massive cliffhangers with no confirmation that episode 10 of this season will be made let alone another season :(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
As bummed as I was, I'm glad they decided to go with the penultimate's cliffhanger instead of trying to rush everything to a conclusion. Heck, even the episode itself feels rushed in some parts. Based on this article, it seems that episode 10 was closed to being done before the shutdown... So I'm hopeful that even in the worst-case scenario, there's still a chance for this season to have a proper conclusion.
The only thing that bugs me is the mere fact that there wasn't any confirmation that they would be allowed to finish the last episode of season 2 even if they don't get a season 3.

well and the fact that a season 3 hasn't already been announced because this show is too good to die after 2 seasons.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.... Just learned that this ended abruptly because of the coronavirus. I was waiting for all the episodes to come out so I can binge watch them all. Time to start. See y'all when I'm done watching lol.

"What the fuckin' fuck!?" Is right Jane lol. This Tyme episode is crazy.

That was pretty fun. Had some laughs and got emotional at some parts.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to pay for another shitty overpriced streaming service. DCU is at least cheap. Max is garbage.
Fair, but that's why you just wait for the end and sub for a month (or binge on a free trial)

Ideally there will be another season of Harley as well, and the new season of Infinity Train is solid so far (and the first two seasons are great) granted cartoons aimed at teens aren't for everyone.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Damn... Went to tune I to HBO Max to watch the finale of Doom Patrol and realized it's over prematurely for the year. *cries*

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
see you are crying over the idea that it's over the the year.
I'm still worried that it's over for good.
Noooo for real?

I thought more seasons was a no brainer for HBO Max?

I'm just disappointed the pandemic squashed the ending but of course it's understandable. Just really enjoyed Friday nights and watching it. Also just found the show a few months ago when Max started and got hooked. Hope it stays

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Noooo for real?

I thought more seasons was a no brainer for HBO Max?

I'm just disappointed the pandemic squashed the ending but of course it's understandable. Just really enjoyed Friday nights and watching it. Also just found the show a few months ago when Max started and got hooked. Hope it stays
There has been no confirmation of a third season.
The DC Universe app is clearly on its way to its grave.
So it's a question of if they think Doom Patrol will draw in viewers or if it's too niche to renew.

The creators have plans if they get a third season but they were very clear with their IF (as in if we get another season) when talking about what the future holds.

Ideally both Doom Patrol and Harley get at least one more season, but so far nothing has been confirmed, and we can't be sure how the pandemic will effect spending on sequels.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fair, but that's why you just wait for the end and sub for a month (or binge on a free trial)

Ideally there will be another season of Harley as well, and the new season of Infinity Train is solid so far (and the first two seasons are great) granted cartoons aimed at teens aren't for everyone.

Every time I have EVER subbed for a month to watch one thing I forget to cancel and then get fucked by auto-renewal shit. I'm just not interested in switching, especially when Max is so expensive. It's insulting they're forcing us to do this.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I have EVER subbed for a month to watch one thing I forget to cancel and then get fucked by auto-renewal shit. I'm just not interested in switching, especially when Max is so expensive. It's insulting they're forcing us to do this.
Insulting?
The DC Universe app has failed to gain any decent traction in general. Even if they didn't introduce HBO Max the writing has been on the wall for a while that it was going to die.
At least with moving the shows to HBO Max there is still a chance they will get renewed or more solid DC content will be created.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Insulting?
The DC Universe app has failed to gain any decent traction in general. Even if they didn't introduce HBO Max the writing has been on the wall for a while that it was going to die.
At least with moving the shows to HBO Max there is still a chance they will get renewed or more solid DC content will be created.

They should give anyone who subbed to DCU for this long some kind of discount. Forcing people to pay more for a shitty service just to have access to shows they were already paying for is asinine.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Insulting?

Yea that shit was doomed from the start

At least with other services, they have a wide variety of content show-wise, so it's easier to justify paying for them.

DC Universe though? Yea no, I just did free subscriptions for everything lol

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the writing on the wall was there for DCU like a year and a half ago, never mind it becoming another streaming service in general for just DC content was never going to be successful. The level of incompetence at Warner is amazing and it's only gotten worse it seems since AT&T has been in charge.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2 and I didn't know they had to cut it short because of covid... Fucking hell, and we're not even sure it's getting renewed. If I had known I wouldn't have watched it.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hope for two things: a season 3 and a 10th episode. I'd rather they wrap this storyline up in an episode they film later, and then we still get a season 3 to continue the series.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, after what happened to venture Bros I'm so happy to see Doom Patrol back! It really felt very touch and go for a moment

Oct 25, 2017

"Doom Patrol came to HBO Max with an already deep and passionate fan base and has risen to the top as one of the most-watched Max originals on the platform," said Sarah Aubrey, head of original content, HBO Max. "The series sits well in our portfolio and we are glad to greenlight a third season to continue this distinctive style of storytelling that resonates so well with critics and fans alike."

YES. All great news from HBO, hopefully this means it is in for the long haul and they can push for multi season arcs.

Now will Ep 10 be produced as stand alone or will it be rolled into S3?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
YES. All great news from HBO, hopefully this means it is in for the long haul and they can push for multi season arcs.

Now will Ep 10 be produced as stand alone or will it be rolled into S3?
their previous interviews implied that they were treating the end of season 2 as the finale and that what would have been the end of season 2 will be the start of season 3 (if they got one) so now that they got one so they will likely go ahead that way. If they didn't get a season 3 then they may have tried to push for a special to wrap things up.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the whole show, damn it's gonna be a hard wait for season 3. Any indication of when it might start filming? I know lots of stuff is currently back in production.

Also is there any explanation as to why Dorothy looks more "ape like" than her mother? Seems extra weird considering who her father is.