• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
A rather quick thread this time around. For those of you who dont know the Golden Souls series, its essentially Doom reimagined as a Super Mario title. Its creator, Batandy, has gone to great lengths to mimic the SNES like style of Mario games, even wishing he could make a physical package of it.

Now he returns with Doom: The Golden Souls 2 and in a new trailer found below, they are mimicing Nintendo's Direct style and parody on the Switch. Keep it up for Renaldo, The Revenant!

What is Golden Souls 2:
Doom : The Golden Souls 2 is the sequel of the groundbreaking mario styled hub-based mod, this time you'll travel through levels with a world map, unlocking new paths by reaching secret exits or by collecting big coins. You must retrieve 7 Golden Souls stolen by the Cyberdemon's minions in order to save the world... once again!

Links:
ZDoom Forums: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47574

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this looks great. Never played the first one, but I'm thinking I may go and do that before this new one comes out

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this looks absolutely amazing. I've never heard of the project but it looks right up my alley. Thank you for sharing!

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ i read Golden Sun and Nintendo on the same sentence and went crazy and then disappointed :/