poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Announced today, TL;DR Double Eleven and Paradox only had an agreement for Double Eleven to develop the game and couldn't come to an agreement for Double Eleven to also take care of the game's post-launch support, which will now be taken care of by Kokku
Greetings Architects,

After 9 years together, Double Eleven is leaving Prison Architect. Double Eleven has been with us since the console port, led the development of the game on all platforms, and has been working on Prison Architect 2 over the last few years. With the sequel passing certification on all platforms, the contract was fulfilled. However, we could not find a commercial agreement that worked for both parties moving forward and mutually agreed to part ways.

The baton is now being passed on to Kokku, who's been working on Prison Architect 2 since the autumn of last year together with, and supported by Double Eleven. Kokku is now delivering on the plan that we shared with you last week, read more here.

In this text, we are going to talk more about how we are managing the transition and we will also be sharing a letter from Gaz at Double Eleven. You might have already read messages from him in the past, as Gaz has been a passionate force in the development of Prison Architect 2 and has also shared texts in our Feature and Developer Highlights these past few months. Read Gaz's full letter in English here. (Pending moderation)

After talking to multiple studios, Kokku was found to be the best fit for the game going forward, as they are veterans in the gaming industry and also long-time fans of Prison Architect. If you'd like to read more about Kokku, head over to their website. You will get to know them better on the road to launch, in our upcoming Developer Diaries and insights on the game.

To prepare for the transition, Paradox, Kokku, and Double Eleven have had many conversations over the past few months on the vision for Prison Architect 2, the many possibilities offered by 3D, and the features that could be added to the game in the future. This transition has been a smooth experience for us all, as we share a common long-term vision of Prison Architect 2. We want to build the game's future with you, the players, and we will continue looking at our Forum's suggestion board when deciding our focus post-release. You can share yours and vote for your favorites on our forums!

We thank you, the Architects, for your continued support and passion for the game. We wish Double Eleven all the best in their up-and-coming endeavors as they now fully hand over the baton to Kokku, and we are looking forward to the road ahead.
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1257610/view/4201372129464692603?l=english

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired right now that I thought it said "Kotaku to handle post-launch support" and I was like "wait WHAT".

I don't know anything about Kokku, so is this good or bad for fans of that game?

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm so tired right now that I thought it said "Kotaku to handle post-launch support" and I was like "wait WHAT".

I don't know anything about Kokku, so is this good or bad for fans of that game?
They're definitely a very large unknown, here's their portfolio on their website https://kokku.com.br/portfolio/
Their only previous original games seem to be Space Tycoon, Stranger Things: Startcourt Mall and Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience, which are Roblox experiences. The rest was all co-dev and porting.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
This is so bizarre. I hope Kokku does well by it, but that's gotta feel weird to make a game just to give it to someone else to take care of.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017