Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/04/us-stocks-interest-rates-futures.html
U.S. stocks fell sharply in volatile trading Monday, extending a steep sell-off from the previous session.

The S&P 500 pulled back 2.1 percent, with financials and energy as the worst-performing sectors. The broad index had traded positive earlier on Monday as the tech sector briefly rose. The S&P 500 also traded down more than 5 percent from an all-time high set last month and broke below its 50-day moving average, a key technical level.

"Breaking the early lows of the day means the correction could go on for longer," said Art Cashin, UBS director of floor operations.

The Dow Jones industrial average traded 600 points lower, reaching fresh session lows. The 30-stock index briefly traded flat earlier in the session. The Dow also broke below 25,000 as its losses over the past two sessions also topped 1,200.

The Nasdaq composite declined 1.6 percent after rising as much as 0.5 percent. Gains in Apple and Amazon helped the tech-heavy index trade off its lows earlier in the session.

"We're not used to getting wash-outs like this anymore," said Quincy Krosby, chief market strategist at Prudential Financial. "The buy-the-dip mentality that has taken over hasn't allowed for that."

"This sell-off, in the bigger scheme of things, is not that big. But it is very important in psychological terms," Krosby said.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Cryptocurrency crashing
Stocks crashing
Hopefully y'all have a happening bunker filled with Ron Paul branded gold ingots

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Borrowing over a trillion this year can't be all that good. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that double on last year?

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The market is long over due for a correction at this point. I don't know if this is the beginning or if it will rebound but it is going to correct. (Closer to 20k maybe?)

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just wait till we can't pass the debt ceiling....

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
And the Government funding shutting down possibly Thursday night on top of this. Making America Great Again amirite?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
oh no.. oh NOOOOO. should I worry? Should I put all my money in gold and silver as late night infomercials say?!

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And my parents were bragging about Trump helping their 401k last week.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Market is still way way up year over year so it doesn't seem like it's time to panic yet.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Stocks down, crypto down and interest still fucking low.

I guess the party is over.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
This is good news! With my extra $1.50 per week, I might finally be able to buy into the market!

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fill disclosure, ive lost at least 400-500 dollars off my IRA the last few days alone. I'm mostly in mutual funds that mimic the indexes

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Well it would be the biggest drop in history, it's never been this high. If it's not comparing in terms of % it's sensationalism

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NPR is saying it's mostly due to the impending inflation we're about to get hit with. Increased costs of goods and services is scary, particularly if there's no increase in wages.

You mean the crazy inflation we've been dealing with for the past decade?
DU-pv8dVoAAujm0.jpg
Dont believe the bullshit CPI average. Just because you can buy a 4K tv for cheap or that entertainment costs next-to-nothing now does not mean cost-of-living hasn't grown SUBSTANTIALLY.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Fuck, down 900 points today now. Not good! (though despite the fact I'm losing money, I'm strangely borderline happy, does that make sense?)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hoo boy, ripping down.

This is probably healthy, but the VIX spiking is really notable.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NPR is saying it's mostly due to the impending inflation we're about to get hit with. Increased costs of goods and services is scary, particularly if there's no increase in wages.
There was an increase in wages last month. That's what's got investors spooked. Its investors scared their going to lose out to workers.

However, Wall Street is starting to get worried that the "goldilocks" environment of slow growth and mysteriously low inflation may be ending. Stronger inflation would force the Federal Reserve to raise rates more aggressively than investors may be comfortable with. And more robust wage gains could eat into record-high corporate profits.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/investing/stock-market-today-dow-jones/index.html

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The market has been going up for far too long, I have been expecting some sort of correction for a while but this is a pretty quick and drastic drop which is concerning.
I believe in 2016 stocks took a similar dive around the same time all though once again not quite this quick or drastic.

Also despite what trump says this has very little to do with him but since he took credit for it going up, I'm curious to see who he'll blame for its fall.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean the crazy inflation we've been dealing with for the past decade?

Dont believe the bullshit CPI average. Just because you can buy a 4K tv for cheap or that entertainment costs next-t-nothing now does not mean cost-of-living hasn't grown SUBSTANTIALLY.

Don't confuse price inflation with monetary inflation.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'm sure this is Obama and Crooked Hillary's fault because they exist.... and well you know our POTUS is fucking perfect and nothng bad happens under his watch cause he's "special"..