• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
But folks, he's just playing a persona, it's not really him. It's a joke act!
The law, twitch and youtube will understand this soon and he will be back with even more followers!

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Wow how dumb do you have to be to do this once, but three times? damn

I watch his videos on YouTube from time to time but yeah, come in it's common sense not to film in a restroom. Hell if I was in the bathroom and some dumbass came in with his camera rolling there would be trouble.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I watched the entire stream, which was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.

Nothing out of the ordinary was shown. You can usually get that same exact view from outside of bathrooms here in the US because they're complete shit with little privacy. People need to stop being so offended by things.

The camera man should have used better discretion. I'm sure he'll be back by Monday.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The things people have to do these days for views, or what they feel they have to do huh? Good, let it be a lesson to others not to try to do crazy things for views.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Nothing out of the ordinary was shown. You can usually get that same exact view from outside of bathrooms here in the US because they're complete shit with little privacy. People need to stop being so offended by things.
This is an absurd take, but I'll bite.

Who's offended? We are commenting on the fact that this person probably broke the law and Twitch and E3 responded appropriately. The question is: should it be, say, a week's ban, or permanent?

If I were that kid's guardians I would sue the shit out of him for live streaming my child pissing in a urinal.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
I watched the entire stream, which was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.

The camera man should have used better discretion. I'm sure he'll be back by Monday.

You may giggle like crazy at the goings on inside public toilets, but they are places of privacy and filming there is not cool for obvious reasons.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
You may giggle like crazy at the goings on inside public toilets, but they are places of privacy and filming there is not cool for obvious reasons.

I'm 35 years old and have never used a urinal in my life because I value privacy, so I understand. I don't think banning Doc from Twitch, putting a halt to his career, is the appropriate course of action here.

If anybody in those bathrooms wants to take legal action, it should be handled accordingly. I'd still put most of the blame on the person filming. Had I been filming, I'd have used better judgement and waited outside of the bathroom. It's common sense.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm 35 years old and have never used a urinal in my life because I value privacy, so I understand. I don't think banning Doc from Twitch, putting a halt to his career, is the appropriate course of action here.

If anybody in those bathrooms wants to take legal action, it should be handled accordingly. I'd still put most of the blame on the person filming. Had I been filming, I'd have used better judgement and waited outside of the bathroom. It's common sense.
Won't anybody think of the poor millionaire's career?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
You think it's dumb to advise getting a career instead of thinking streaming video games/weird public stunts will make him money for the next 30 years?

Yes, he should stop doing the thing that makes him hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to do something else that makes him a fraction of that.

Ph8lanx

Oct 29, 2017
Dark Side of the Moon
You guys are acting like people don't do stupid shit to get attention in this world. The guys an idiot. Did he livestream it?

This reminds me of the boyfriend and girlfriend who decided that they would do a YouTube video of the guy holding a phone book and the girlfriend would use a real gun and shoot the phone book and their video would go viral right? Wrong. These idiots decided to use the most powerful handgun on the market. Not a .38 which probably wouldn't pierce a Los Angeles County phone book but a .50 cal desert eagle. Well of course you know what happens next. Anyways, she's doing prison time for manslaughter all so they could be famous if they went viral.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man this dude is stupid.
You guys are acting like people don't do stupid shit to get attention in this world. The guys an idiot. Did he livestream it?

This reminds me of the boyfriend and girlfriend who decided that they would do a video of the guy holding a phone book and the girlfriend would use a real gun and shoot the phone book and their video would go viral right? Wrong. These idiots decided to use the most powerful handgun on the market. Not a .38 which probably wouldn't pierce a Los Angeles County phone book but a .50 cal desert eagle. Well of course you know what happens next. Anyways, she's doing prison time for manslaughter all so they could be famous if they went viral.
Yeah I remember that story.

Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't a smart thing to do and getting kicked from E3 and Twitch (very temporarily) is appropriate but c'mon the law is there because weirdos hide cameras in stalls to film some really creepy shit and this isn't that.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017

Poor baby shouldn't have to deal with the real world

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm in the bathroom and my son is peeing along with me and some fuckwit is recording, let alone live streaming, he's getting his lights punched out, no doubt. Stupid games and all that.

Yeah straight up how can you be so dumb

People need to stop getting offended by cameraman recording the bathroom! Sheesh! Snowflakes everywhere! Super regular and common and normal thing to do

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017

You're right about the fact he will be back. You can film suicide victims and still pass it off as entertainment these days.

Inflicting social awkwardness on people may have some kind of comedic value, but walking into a public toilets with a camera is about as low as someone can go to get some laughs.

Think of all the possibilities for a prominent streamer presenting a live stream at E3, and this guy ends up filming in a restroom.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
There are a lot of "Cameras in public bathrooms are fine as long as it's not creepy" comments here.

There really is a defense force for everything.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Did I say which would you take or which is more stable. Will twitch be around in 20 years? Will his audience want to watch some 50 year old dude play video games or go into bathrooms to record teens urinating? Will a new method of entertainment come out in the future that makes the current streaming fad irrelevant? Is this guy fiscally responsible?

Those are the questions you should be asking. If streaming is so easy and stable then we'd all quit our jobs and try to become a millionaire.

Old man yells at clouds.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I like how you start your post about how people need to stop being offended by recording other people in the bathroom without their permission by telling everyone how much you enjoyed a stream where you got to see a minor taking a leak. It's nice that you put up front that your post is about how much fun you had rather than whether you actually think this is appropriate behaviour or not.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hey what's up guys, I'm coming to you live from the pee and poop room. Let's get a good look around in here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

There are pics and vids going around on Twitter of it.

"Nothing out of the ordinary" is a novel way of describing something committing something highly illegal.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Set up a camera filming a women's bathroom with that "same exact view from outside of bathrooms" and see how far it gets you.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Dear lord. Imagine saying this about some weirdo bringing a rolling live broadcasting CAMERA INTO RESTROOMS! whew... I just can't...

LITERALLY BREAK LAWS and have dudes on the internet trying to handwave it away as no big deal.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Ninja loves him and has before he became a big deal. You would be hard pressed to find some popular streamer who didn't. They are all hilarious fucking idiots. I mean the Faze people especially are something special, but in general the most popular streamers all fit there.

I don't give a shit about Ninja, but he's obviously not defending him in that tweet so what are you talking about?

rustyphish

May 13, 2019

Sorry, no. It's literally a crime in his state. I don't want myself broadcast all over the internet from a room where there is a legal expectation of some privacy.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There are a lot of "Cameras in public bathrooms are fine as long as it's not creepy" comments here.

There really is a defense force for everything.
actually this just made me think of a serious question --

are establishments allowed to have cameras in restrooms for security recording purposes? not sure if I've ever noticed any

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Fw15vKn.png

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
There are pics and vids going around on Twitter of it.

"Nothing out of the ordinary" is a novel way of describing something committing something highly illegal.

Sorry, no. It's literally a crime in his state. I don't want myself broadcast all over the internet from a room where there is a legal expectation of some privacy.

I'm actually doing research on the law, as I'm not a resident of California and have never had to look into this sort of thing. It seems no laws were actually broken as public bathrooms are treated as public property and not covered under the same laws as private bathrooms.

The camera operator would've needed to have intent to invade one's privacy in order to consider filming illegal.

Reference: https://www.losangelescriminallawye...ode-section-647-j-pc-invasion-of-privacy.html

I still don't agree with bringing cameras into the restroom, I would have never done such a thing, but I like to put facts before feelings.