• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Erm, it's not just an "accent". Sure, he makes racist sounds, but he also clearly specifies that he's doing it in response to people he perceives to be Chinese.

How does he identify people as Chinese? "Bad driving", in one instance.

He also clearly bemoans the presence of Chinese people in the game, and expresses desire that they be removed.

But nah, "he was speaking Doc-anese". You fell for an excuse a six-year-old would come up with, dude.

I'm unfamiliar with how often and when he does the accent, my point was that I do not believe just the accent, in and of itself, is racist.

As far as him wanting to have Chinese people removed from the game, well he pretty much says that to everyone.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm unfamiliar with how often and when he does the accent, my point was that I do not believe just the accent, in and of itself, is racist.

Hrm. I wonder what reason you could possibly have that would make you believe it's not racist to yell a crude approximation of Chinese speech at people..

As far as him wanting to have Chinese people removed from the game, well he pretty much says that to everyone.

Here's a question - Does he broadly refer to other groups by their ethnicity when asking that they be removed?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
i just don't get how internationally reknown ku klux klan member theodore stoddard classifying the human population into five colours and advocating that whites protect themselves from the increasing foreign population growth by rejecting immigration and interracial mixing is "racist"

i've checked at least five thesauruses and they aren't explaining anything

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The future of the internet. Loops of copy-pasted definitions and usernames, back and forth, forever.
ID-tagged trolls carry ID-tagged keyboards, use ID-tagged usernames. Nanomachines inside their shitposts enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Forum control.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I also do not believe him to be a racist based on his "Doc-anese" accent.

I think it's in poor taste and insensitive and something that is no longer acceptable. I equate it to how people, when I was growing up, would said durrrr and imitate handicapped people. That's just not cool and very unacceptable now. But I don't believe he is a racist because of that specific example.

I mean if the definition of racist in your mind is physically harming asian people, then I guess he's not racist...

But for most people mocking another culture is a racist behavior. And the person who engages in that behavior is acting in a racist manner.

It is very possible that he does not actively hate Asians. I don't think he does. I think that he dosen't care about them at all. So he doesn't feel regret for mocking them. If he cared about their feelings he would not do this. Or would show some remorse for having done it.

Making "Ching Chong", without knowing the weight behind them, might not be malicious racism. It might be racism based on ignorance.

But when your audience is a bunch of impressionable kids I do not believe that behavior is harmless. My half asian kids already experience stereotyping. These internet idols could make so much positive change in the world if they behaved responsibly...

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
i just don't get how internationally reknown ku klux klan member theodore stoddard classifying the human population into five colours and advocating that whites protect themselves from the increasing foreign population growth by rejecting immigration and interracial mixing is "racist"

i've checked at least five thesauruses and they aren't explaining anything
I mean... What he's saying he's certainly racist but I don't think he is himself racist just for saying it

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Hey everybody,

Find yourself someone who will be as loyal and supportive to you as the people sticking up for an internet character who is a racist adulterer who films people in public restrooms on the internet

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody,

Find yourself someone who will be as loyal and supportive to you as the people sticking up for an internet character who is a racist adulterer who films people in public restrooms on the internet

People will defend almost anyone as long as they provide even a bit of entertainment. It's truly pathetic.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
And he said he fired his camera man in his latest tweet, basically taking no responsibility for what happened. Class act.

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some people in here really thinking saying ching chong isn't racist? Even if he's playing a character, come on bruh.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Some people in here really thinking saying ching chong isn't racist? Even if he's playing a character, come on bruh.
It's a symptom of worldwide normalization of these things. When our own president (USA) can say shit that is hateful or racist, it enables others.

In this case, an influencer on Twitch has garnered fans and his behavior is seen as normal, even though he is being racist. Thus, people who are either young and haven't learned yet, uneducated, ignorant, or willfully obtuse will defend it and claim "I don't think its racist" despite us literally pointing out why it is..

Racism doesn't work on a per-person opinion basis. People getting banned will HOPEFULLY make them realize its not tolerated.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
He'll be back and be showered with donations/subs next time he streams.

He will make more money in the first 2 hours of his "comeback" stream than I will make this year.

Am I jealous? Sure. But I have no problem when good people are rewarded for hard work. I have a problem when people commit crimes (even if unintentional) and are heavily rewarded for it.

Hey everybody,

I would like to think that there are people in my life that would defend me if I filmed a minor in a public bathroom. But I fear none of my friends or family are as close to me as the Docs followers. They might forgive me if my apology was sincere but blindly defend me from stupid and illegal acts? Nah. I would only expect that from people who gave me money for playing video games in a wig.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He will make more money in the first 2 hours of his "comeback" stream than I will make this year.

Am I jealous? Sure. But I have no problem when good people are rewarded for hard work. I have a problem when people commit crimes (even if unintentional) and are heavily rewarded for it.

Fools and their money. Imagine being a fucking functioning adult, throwing away your money on this clown.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
What kind of pretzel are you tying yourself into here?

I chocolate covered one.

D7SGZatXoAAlS28.jpg

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he gets back on Twitch (which I hope he doesn't) I hope he gets prosecuted for breaking numerous privacy law violations the recordings committed.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
He hates streaming on twitch and playing the games he's playing. He doesn't hate streaming. If he missed being a level designer, he'd go back to it. Plenty of studios would hire him.

Not anymore...

Of course the character is created by him, but people who know him would say that he is not the asshole DrDisrespect is. My post was to offer some kind of nuance for the person behind that whole costume. I know what he did is very serious and he should be punished.

Like the stream from the Twitch party when another streamer happened to get Doc on camera (out of character), and Doc got all pissy because a streamer was streaming at a streamer party? What a nice guy.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been a narrative that saying Ching Chong isn't racist for quite some time now. Something I disagree in and disgusted by.

I was surprised that Dr. disrespect is hated here though. I thought he had quite a number of fans. I did try to watch his streams once of twice but I found it overbearing.

Then again I rarely watch streams so maybe I'm so behind in the latest twitch streamer drama.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Like the stream from the Twitch party when another streamer happened to get Doc on camera (out of character), and Doc got all pissy because a streamer was streaming at a streamer party? What a nice guy.
Wasn't the reason he got pissy is because he was chatting with mainly women at the party and he did not want to be seen on camera as this was just before the cheating incident, some say the women he cheated with was at that party which is why he was so annoyed at being on camera.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Now's the time for somebody to step up and corner the hot "wigged asshole" market by lazily donning a shitty blonde wig and calling themselves Professor Profanity or Captain Contempt or whatever.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Apparently the guy chose to make a mock of the situation

Mod Edit: This is from 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doc isn't going to be permabanned for this nor should he. He is an idiot for allowing this to happen though.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doc isn't going to be permabanned for this nor should he. He is an idiot for allowing this to happen though.
Why shouldn't he? Breaking the law, especially when it comes to privacy of others, ESPECIALLY when it comes to underage kids, is probably a line in the sand Twitch should draw.

Not saying they will, but like, people with TV shows get their shit cancelled for less than this.