• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrix

Oct 27, 2017
Broly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Ball Super characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bio-Broly / U6 Saiyan Waifus
This guy gets it

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Broly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Ball Super characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bio-Broly / U6 Saiyan Waifus
As someone who has recently watched the entirety of the original Dragon Ball, I can tell you that once you remove the rose tinted glasses, Piccolo Daimaoh's minions really didn't stand the test of time...

My opinion of course, but yeah, I think those dudes are a bit overrated. And as for all the people wanting Arale as a playable character... She was a cute cameo, nothing else. I would honestly rather have Mr. Popo, dude is still awesome after all of this time haha

Edit: Dammit, I was replying to Voltty's comment, sorry for the mix up :P

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Still better than kid Goku.

tumblr_nzatuwDTES1tgy4o5o1_500.gif

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kid Goku would be pretty unique, and as much as I love Bardock I can't see how he'd bring anything new. Just make him a Goku DLC costume, normal form is his default and he turns into SS1 in his super combo move.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
These things can be done with updates..
The Blazblue series throughout its many iterations has seen gameplay changes on the level of something like SF4 to SFV. Changing things that much as an update is a lot to ask.

But I imagine the main reason some want only updates is so they can get more game for free, which wont happen. Let's say the go the Rev2 route for FighterZ, with the DLC characters plus the update DLC we would still effectively be buying a new game. Long term continued support can't be free.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Blazblue series throughout its many iterations has seen gameplay changes on the level of something like SF4 to SFV. Changing things that much as an update is a lot to ask.

But I imagine the main reason some want only updates is so they can get more game for free, which wont happen. Let's say the go the Rev2 route for FighterZ, with the DLC characters plus the update DLC we would still effectively be buying a new game. Long term continued support can't be free.
Wait, you're arguing in favor of forcing people to buy re-releases? Dude, balance changes should be free, if they're changing the gameplay the same way Rev2+iterations did, then they better release those updates as free updates, keep charging for characters and whatever, but don't force people to buy your shit more than once.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you're arguing in favor of forcing people to buy re-releases? Dude, balance changes should be free, if they're changing the gameplay the same way Rev2+iterations did, then they better release those updates as free updates, keep charging for characters and whatever, but don't force people to buy your shit more than once.
Arcsys gives out free balance changes all the time.
Completely changing how major parts of the game plays is more than a balance change though.

Anyways, I'm not really arguing in favor, moreso that I realize that asking for a game to be maintained for many years for free is ridiculous.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Completely changing how major parts of the game plays is more than a balance change though.

Anyways, I'm not really arguing in favor, moreso that I realize that asking for a game to be maintained for many years for free is ridiculous.
It won't be for free if people keep buying the game's Season Pass(s).

JustHuzaifa

Oct 27, 2017

It's not free. If there's changes to the game mechanics, that'll be free, but how do you think games stay alive and have support for many years? As long as ArcSys keeps cranking out characters, stages, alternate colours, or maybe even story DLC if they want to in the far future, they can easily sustain themselves.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be for free if people keep buying the game's Season Pass(s).
Sure, but then we get back to my point where we would effectively be buying new games in the long run anyways. Plus to make up for the fact that not everyone will buy every character they will need to make more things to sell.
But I guess having only that one disc makes people feel better about the money spent?

However, in that case, it would still be wise to make rereleases alongside updates like how Rev2 was handled. It'll make things easier on tournament organizers, it's nice to have an up to date package instead of having to make sure every system has every single character/color/stage DLC that was released prior to the current version.

It's not free. If there's changes to the game mechanics, that'll be free, but how do you think games stay alive and have support for many years? As long as ArcSys keeps cranking out characters, stages, alternate colours, or maybe even story DLC if they want to in the far future, they can easily sustain themselves.
I'd probably end up having to pay more overall if I wanted to get all of that, haha.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But I guess having only that one disc makes people feel better about the money spent?
Um, yes? Doesn't really need guessing to figure it out, some people don't want extra characters but don't want to be separated from the community.

The concept of letting the people who pay for DLCs fund the development of free updates for everyone isn't entirely new at all, pretty much all developers are adapting this with the exception of ArcS. Hopefully Namco knock some sense into them with DBFZ.

However, in that case, it would still be wise to make rereleases alongside updates like how Rev2 was handled. It'll make things easier on tournament organizers, it's nice to have an up to date package instead of having to make sure every system has every single character/color/stage DLC that was released prior to the current version.

Both aren't mutually exclusive, you can release DLC updates without forcing people to buy the game more than once AND release a "complete" or an "up to date" version of the game. Literally all every single current gen fighting game is doing this.
SFV:AE, KI Definitive Edition, Mortal Kombat XL, etc.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
You can't have Broly over anyone. He is the worst character to come out of the series. Even worse than Bio-Broly lmao

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how most of us pretty much predicted the last two months of reveals. Many universally agreed on those six. It feels like they ticked all the big boxes. It'll be interesting to see what they go with next (for the DLC, in case 21 is the only base character left).

NantenJex

Oct 25, 2017
If Android 21 is playable then that is 24 characters which is the base roster. Although that 'saiyan pack' rumour said that Goku Black would be DLC and he is not so I guess it's out of the water. Although I still expect Broly, Scouter Vegeta, Bardock and Raditz

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Gotta be 21 in a final boss form or something and that's probably what will be the playable version of her.

Would love for this to turn out to be Caulifla though. But even with her top, I don't think that's a description that really matches her all that well.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I think Rose could hang with her, maybe even best her. Rose himself was stronger than Blue, as was Kefla, but I think it'd be a good bout.
she was a bit more powerful than ultra instinct goku when she went super saiyan 2, also she kicked super saiyan kaio-ken goku out of blue, note i said more powerful but ultra instinct gave goku the advantage of being able to avoid all of her attacks so he outmaneuvered her rather than outpowered her

Status
Not open for further replies.