Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any announcements about a day 1 patch? Or any announcements of announcements in general? Maybe we get something at EVO Japan this weekend? When are we expecting the Febuary Vjump to leak?
Don't qoute me, but the mag that usually has DBFZ stuff usually leaks inbetween 15th and 21st of each month.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Merged Zamasu is a terrible character with about as many moves as Raditz. He has the lightning attack and then nothing else. What's the point of including him when Rose is already in the roster?

He has plenty lmao, comparing him to Raditz is completely disingenuous, especially if they wanted to also use the manga for inspiration.

And saying that Rose is already in doesn't mean anything. Rose is the popular option, yes, but M. Zamasu is still the final antagonist of the arc, and pairs up perfectly w/ SSB Vegito. It would absolutely make sense for him to be in as DLC. By that logic, why have both Buu and Kid Buu, on top of you wanting to add Super Buu to that?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He has plenty lmao, comparing him to Raditz is completely disingenuous, especially if they wanted to also use the manga for inspiration.

What else does he even do? The only thing I even remember of him is the lightning attack and him laughing and screaming about mortals a bunch.

Unless you're thinking melty hulk mode Merged Zamasu, which is pretty unlikely, and even then he still didn't really do anything notable.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Didn't merged Zamasu drain Goku and Vegeta's ki at one point? That would be interesting enough from a playstyle standpoint to include him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DLC Predictions...again (well new thread so it's fine)

Broly
Bardock

Vegito Blue
Merged Zamasu

DBS 17
Ribrianne

Kefla
Jiren

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This Story mode is long as fuck.

3 arcs
first arc took me 5h, 98 battles and even though the arc was over it has 76% completion...
second arc, I'm at 68%, 68 battles in and around 4h.

80% of the battles were easy, tutorial oriented fights. Although It's starting to get much harder now.

Fantastic game so far :).

Guess this can ease the worries of SP oriented people.

Great to hear!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Guess you didn't watch the show if you think this

Oh, I watched the show. It's why I despise Zamasu as much as I do. And Merged Zamasu's moveset is empty. He has the same energy sword regular Zamasu and Black use, he has the lightning attack, the generic energy ball they use, and pretty much nothing else of note.

If they want to use him in his melty mode, they could make him into a heavy character, but his attacks have even LESS variety once he's in that mode.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Merged Zamasu is a terrible character with about as many moves as Raditz. He has the lightning attack and then nothing else. What's the point of including him when Rose is already in the roster?
Lmao.

Wall of light.
Light of justice.
Vergil swords.
Destruction sphere.
Ki sword.
Corrupted form.
Infinite form.

Raditz only has generic Ki blasts.

Like, ningen please.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I watched the show. It's why I despise Zamasu as much as I do. And Merged Zamasu's moveset is empty. He has the same energy sword regular Zamasu and Black use, he has the lightning attack, the generic energy ball they use, and pretty much nothing else of note.

If they want to use him in his melty mode, they could make him into a heavy character, but his attacks have even LESS variety once he's in that mode.

I'm assuming this is the version we'd get:

maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT: Granted, maybe they'd just make this an install or super.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What else does he even do? The only thing I even remember of him is the lightning attack and him laughing and screaming about mortals a bunch.

Unless you're thinking melty hulk mode Merged Zamasu, which is pretty unlikely, and even then he still didn't really do anything notable.

Lightning attack, Blades of Judgment, Holy Wrath, has a halo barrier, regeneration, energy blades, Flames of Retribution (eye blast), etc.

There's also potential with using his grotesque form as well, people have floated the idea of making him go into that as an install, or when his health becomes too low. That can give him wind blasts and what not, and obviously further reach. There's a lot of potential there, and that's not even getting into using the manga for inspiration, so again, saying he's like Raditz is completely disingenuous, regardless of whether you like the character or not.

Also you watched that arc, so I dunno why you're acting like you don't know this :P

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The manga version of him was a different story entirely

He'd basically be Black except with Kai powers (telekinesis), dimensional portals, and the ability to create (unbreakable) objects

hes also immortal (like, literally immortal)

nevermind he'd be broken

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

he has a ki drain counter and spawns projectle blades that explode on a whole different level from black

0cdd655578dec0ca641115c687df0da57d0f973c_hq.gif
tumblr_ogny3slfg41ujwg5zo3_500.gif

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Supreme God Zamasu would be great he actually could be a proper ranged/zoning character

if he dies with 7 bars he comes back in his corrupted form

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the "he could get all corrupted when he has low health" thing is that the corrupted form completely loses all of his abilities and relies almost exclusively on raging and punching. They'd have to give him two entire movesets just to reflect his two forms, and he's nowhere near important enough to justify that much extra work. Realistically, you'd either get regular Merged or berserk mode, but not both in the same character.

The only other option would be base Merged with corrupted as a level 3 cinematic super move, but he can't go back from his corrupted form after he uses it, so that doesn't really work either.

That stupid word is why I hate him so much. I got so sick of hearing him say the exact same shit over and over again that it just made watching his episodes into an absolute chore. I was really hoping the dub would give his dialogue more variety and his personality more nuance, but so far no luck there. I'd rather listen to Cell talk about perfection than listen to Zamasu babble about ningen any day of the week.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That stupid word is why I hate him so much. I got so sick of hearing him say the exact same shit over and over again that it just made watching his episodes into an absolute chore. I was really hoping the dub would give his dialogue more variety and his personality more nuance, but so far no luck there. I'd rather listen to Cell talk about perfection than listen to Zamasu babble about ningen any day of the week.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, I would say Merged Zamasu is pretty likely. Like, the most likely after the 3 that are locks for the pass. He's the end boss of the arc. And we have the end bosses of every previous arc already.

I view the DLC like this:

Absolute locks:
  • Broly
  • Bardock
  • Vegito (Blue, most likely)
Extremely probable:
  • Merged Zamasu
High chance:
  • Cooler
  • Janemba
  • Caulifla
Would Be Unfortunate, but possible:
  • Base Goku
  • Base Vegeta
  • Raditz
Possible, but up in the air:
  • Roshi
  • SS4 Gogeta
  • Omega Shenron
  • Zarbon
  • Dabura
  • Dr. Gero
  • Other Movie Characters
Unlikely, but would be cool:
  • Kid Goku
  • Mr. Satan
  • Jaco
  • Future Mai
  • Bulma
  • Magetta
  • Tao
  • Whis
  • Great Saiyaman and/or Saiyawoman
Unlikely due to recency:
  • UI Goku, Jiren, and other ToP characters in general.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can save through story mode? Max said it takes 4.5 hours to complete, but I don't know if I have time to tackle that in one sitting.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can save through story mode? Max said it takes 4.5 hours to complete, but I don't know if I have time to tackle that in one sitting.
I don't think they expect you to do it in one sitting. It takes 4-5 hours if you skip cutscenes. Most people are saying 10-12 if you're playing normally. I'd assume it just auto saves after each battle and you can back out whenever you want.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are Zarbon and Dr. Gero not in the unlikely category

Like who?? The series in itself has very little female characters that could be included in the game.

Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Ribrianne

They're all pretty newish, so obviously they can't all get in as DLC, but in future games, I definitely expect them all to make it in.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

There is saving, but Ben Moore of Easy Allies said on a podcast that there's no quick save/auto save, so keep that in mind. Also, according to him, you get kicked back to the main menu when you save? I don't know if that'll change with a Day 1 patch (probably not), but it's a strange decision.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Like who?? The series in itself has very little female characters that could be included in the game.

Like the ones that were listed. Kale for example and I'm not familiar with some of the newer females of the show as I haven't watched DBZ in forever. There are a good amount. There is only one right now, there could be like 2-4 more females.

I'd like Videl and Kale

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
So I didn't realise that SSB Goku/Vegeta were actually unlocks in the game rather than just preorder bonuses. I preordered on steam so does that mean they will automatically be unlocked or is it a code you have to input? Cause weirdly I feel like that takes away from the game a little, I think it's kind of cool having to complete a difficult challenge to unlock them.

What are other people going to do about that?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Ribrianne

They're all pretty newish, so obviously they can't all get in as DLC, but in future games, I definitely expect them all to make it in.

Don't forget Towa. She may not have anything to do with this particular storyline, but at least going by how she appeared as an assist in Extreme Butoden gives me hope that Arc sees her.

Considering the story is all about androids, I think Dr. Gero may be closer to a lock.

Like I said before, I mainly want Gero just because his overall "fighting style" would stand to be unique. Can't charge on his own, but he can instead do like Robo-Ky and use command grabs to steal energy from others, as well as absorbing projectiles with his "ki" button.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
17 will get in, just the newer version. Him being a striker on 18 works since they're supposed to be basically the same thing, and obviously for now they were going to go with the choice that actually gives them a female character.

Gero's not gonna happen. If he was going to happen, he would have been there at launch. NOBODY is paying extra for DLC Android 20.
But we're in DLC territory now...

As part of a pass that includes characters people want like Broly and Bardock, sure they will. Not every character on the pass needs to be super popular or desired. In fact it's incredibly likely there will be at least a couple that aren't. Think about every DLC pass for fighting games, there's always some that people "Don't care" about that are sold on the backs of the truly popular ones that get people to just buy all of the DLC.

Very few people buy characters ala carte.

Status
Not open for further replies.