Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tIY3NGR.gif

done on a XBO pad. saw @UriFGC post this combo on twitter and I had to learn it! :D

Jesus

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Anyone else annoyed at the lobby fluff stuff? I'd take a simple art/text menu with arcade/story/whatever options over all this crap, and yeah I know you can insta-teleport from a menu but still. I mean, I thought SFV's menu/frontend was bad but this takes the cake. And why the heck is the character select screen with a free floating cursor?!

Last edited:

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't play much last night after I got home from class but did practice Hit a little bit. Going to need a lot of time to practice with him

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Also Steam fps counter doesn't work, how can I confirm my performance? The game's anime-framerate-look is totally throwing me off, it looks way off, I didn't have this problem with Guilty Gear Xrd at all so I don't know what's happening...

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Wow, beautiful combo and damage right there.

Thanks guys XD it's a fun combo, i encourage you to try it! getting trunks' assist to connect is probably the most difficult part. After that it's not so bad.

I've been practising this all morning, lol.

Still not 100% sure on the order for this team though, feel like Frieza works on point and anchor?
dunno whether Black or Trunks would make a decent anchor in his place.

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
I took him into practice mode and now idea what the fuck I was doing.
Tell me about it lol. Like the only thing I was able to figure out was I can combo into the light version of his stance but idk what to follow up with. Combo trials aren't that helpful since the super basic, the only thing worth while I got out of it was you can do ice glare after H

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So how is online in terms of matchmaking/netcode?
I might postpone picking this up as unfortunately something big came up at work.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Any SSJ2 Gohan tips? I'm about to hit the lab with him. No idea who to even partner him up with. Might just pick random people.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really don't like the whole world map thing of this game. It's very annoying, and just slow. It's a nice idea but it wore thin after just a few minutes, so for me doesn't work well in reality. Honestly, I just need snappy as hell menu and ASW trademark cursor character select is mega annoying, too (seriously, stop using it ASW). Fighting games shouldn't be so slow and overdesigned on their menus and such.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Weird having trouble triggering Golden Frieza. Only pulled it off once in the training room

(wonder if this is a bug- think I xcan only trigger it once in a training room session WTH???)

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Gotenks great special rolling kick meter burn is great for people who think they are being cool by dragon rushing me in the air they eat the entire thing almost everytime.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird having trouble triggering Golden Frieza. Only pulled it off once in the training room

(wonder if this is a bug- think I xcan only trigger it once in a training room session WTH???)

Yeah, it's a level 3 that you can only trigger once per round, like Tien's level 3. There's a reset button you can use in training to quickly reset the round, it's the touch pad on the ds4 for me.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Use RTSS or afterburner
I actually have that but its own fps overlay also hasn't worked in ages for me, I'm pretty sure I've got all the settings right but nothing shows in any game, a year or so ago it worked just fine after tweaking settings but now I just keep it because of other Afterburner uses. The hotkey to enable/disable the overlay works and changes the setting, the fps limit I have set works in games (I set that for games that don't have vsync) but no overlay shows ever. And this behavior has persisted through a ton of Windows 10 updates, afterburner version releases, GPU driver releases and clean installs and even a GPU brand switch from an AMD 7970 to a GTX 1080. Oh well, I'm 80% sure my performance is fine and it's their stylistic approach throwing me off, it's different to Xrd for sure.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Several questions:

Sometimes when I knock people away I instantly teleport to them and am able to continue my combo, other times my character just stays there. I feel it happens more often after knocking them back with B, heavy attack I think, and pressing B again at the right time but I'm not sure.

Why do the voices keep going back to Japanese every time I boot up the game? Is this a bug? I'm on PC

If all the lobbies are full, which they always are, is there no other way to play online? I haven't been able to go online at all yet. Although that's probably for the best, I'm nowhere near ready to face other players.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
There doesn't seem to be a way to change the input notation to be a universal set ala ABCD or LMHS. Makes reading the challenge combos on a stick just slightly annoying.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't understand why when I win a ranked match I get a bit of BP but when my opponent wins they give him a lot :)

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Several questions:

Sometimes when I knock people away I instantly teleport to them and am able to continue my combo, other times my character just stays there. I feel it happens more often after knocking them back with B, heavy attack I think, and pressing B again at the right time but I'm not sure.
You got it. Nice intuition.

Why do the voices keep going back to Japanese every time I boot up the game? Is this a bug? I'm on PC
Me and a friend are having the same issue.[/QUOTE]

If all the lobbies are full, which they always are, is there no other way to play online? I haven't been able to go online at all yet. Although that's probably for the best, I'm nowhere near ready to face other players.
As of now, no. Personally, I'm going to be spending the next weekish in SP/training before even hopping online. Hopefully they add more lobbies by then because it would be insane not to.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
grabbing people out of their homing dash with 16 is the most satisfying shit ever.
This. Oh my God I feel better grabbing folks with 16 than I did chokeslammin fools as Ganondorf and I've mained that guy for years. 16 is the truth for grapplers. Shoulder rams and bodyslams.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Perspective check - so according to stats, this game has highest concurrency of any fighter on Steam. Has trumped SFV & Tekken 7

No wonder they ran out of lobbies on Launch day. It's kind of a great problem to have. I'd vastly prefer this to empty servers :)

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Cell is fucking hilarious in the story mode. I need him back in the show like this asap.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perspective check - so according to stats, this game has highest concurrency of any fighter on Steam. Has trumped SFV & Tekken 7

No wonder they ran out of lobbies on Launch day. It's kind of a great problem to have. I'd vastly prefer this to empty servers :)

it nearly matched the max all time peak of those three games combined... that's not something i expected.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched you fight Tru3Ta1ent.

That 7 bar instant kill.

Yeah that was a major bummer haha. I'm still getting to grips with the game and feel like I'm pretty bad at the game right now. Somehow I was doing better on PS4 during the beta :p. Also I didnt know he could do that lol.

But I am loving it.. How did you see the fight by the way?

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Hey friends I need a hot take on what to do here.
Hear me out now:
My brother has a PS4 that he said I can use... If I grab the PS4 do I grab FighterZ on PS4 or do I wait for the possibility of a Switch version?
Just dont wanna have to double buy a game if they do eventually announce it you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.