Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here pre-ordered from simplygames in the UK? If so, is there a guarantee of SSB Goku and Vegeta coming with the pre-orders? I only ask because I just looked at the game page and it has no mention of them anywhere.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
iirc the most basic air loop should be (after 2H): j.L > j.M > jc > j.L > j.M > j.2H > super after landing.

Basically you should be able to stick in an extra set of L and M after jumping again and do a ground super after spiking them down.

It's just j.H at the end. j.2H is also a launcher move and you usually shouldn't use two launcher moves in the same combo.

You can do L > 2M (this is usually a sweep, it will make them airborne for a moment) > M > j.L > j.M > jc > j.L > j.M > j.2H > j.L > j.M > j.H > Super and it works for most of the cast. It didn't work with Piccolo, Beerus and Yamcha as far as I tried, with them you must use some of their special moves or teleport > special for hard knockdown into super.
Hit's 2M is too slow to normally combo into, he has other routes. He has a few regular move > stance > special combos, similar to Johnny from GG. He can also quickly cancel his stances into neutral but I haven't found a way to combo using them, only for mixup.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
18 is really hard to use since she's a striker character. Try Vegeta or Cell to start.
Yeah, I suppose I should leave Krillin as the tricky one. He has a lot of potential and the most evil auto-combo in the game if all else fails. (Mash M leads into Destructro Disk. Keep mashing to get more disks!) I did read what the secret to getting a Senzu Bean from his rock throw is. It's deceptively simple. Krillin goes Bean, Rock, Rock, Rock, Bean, Rock, Rock, Rock, Bean and then rocks all the way. Unless he wasted a bean, then the pattern loops until they've all been spent.

Well, the tutorial is to learn systems, story mode is to taste characters. I'll figure out the third one from there.

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
Is playing with a standard pad pretty comfortable for this game? I really hated it in SFV, but I know that's just preference.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Android 16s theme needed to be less She-Hulk and more Doctor Doom. I like it but it doesnt feel like it fits much.

My favorites so far are Gotenks and 18.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't say Teen Gohan is an easy pickup character to play honestly. He doesn't really have any abusable neutral tools like alot of other easy picks.

Starter friendly characters IMO : Goku, Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Kid Buu, possibly Krillin.

Goku = He doesn't really have any holes in his neutral, amazing assist, great supers, very easy DHC
Vegeta = Amazing damage, amazing assist, has a DP, great supers, very damaging DHC. I think he's one of the best picks on the roster ATM.
Adult Gohan = Good normals, abusable specials after install
Kid Buu = Press buttons
Krillin = Decent zoning tools, but mainly because ALL of his supers hurt like fuck

Edit:

Oh yeah, and Frieza. He's one of the only characters in the game right now who can just throw shit at you fullscreen and you have to eat it

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
It's just j.H at the end. j.2H is also a launcher move and you usually shouldn't use two launcher moves in the same combo.

You can do L > 2M (this is usually a sweep, it will make them airborne for a moment) > M > j.L > j.M > jc > j.L > j.M > j.2H > j.L > j.M > j.H > Super and it works for most of the cast. It didn't work with Piccolo, Beerus and Yamcha as far as I tried, with them you must some of their special moves or teleport > special for hard knockdown into super.
Hit's 2M is too slow to normally combo into, he has other routes. He has a few regular move > stance > special combos, similar to Johnny from GG. He can also quickly cancel his stances into neutral but I haven't found a way to combo using them, only for mixup.
I think j.M can also gatling into j.L for most characters. So you could even do j.L j.M j.L then double jump cancel during air combos.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Is playing with a standard pad pretty comfortable for this game? I really hated it in SFV, but I know that's just preference.

This game is built with pad in mind for sure, only 4 attack buttons mapped to the face buttons, with the assist buttons and the button combinations that lead to Super Dash and Dragon Rush mapped the shoulder buttons.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US

I have never liked playing fighting games with gamepad but when it comes to execution, this is the most noob friendly fighting game I have ever played. Every move is executed with QCF or QCB motion, even supers. The only more advanced technique is using HCB or HCF to use assist supers without using main first. Stick is probably better, but pad is perfectly fine.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Trunks' theme is heroic as fuck. I love that shit.

Listen to it and imagine yourself standing on top of a building with your hair blowing in the wind like you're in an anime OP. Good stuff.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I'm ready to get smacked up by any of y'all who are good at team fighters, because I can stomp the day one-ers, but I know I'm gonna get blown up by people who are actually good. Hungry to learn, though.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I made the mistake to check out the steam forums for this game.

jxfjhxgcp2t.png

1472679407382.jpg

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Man, it really is weird Zamasu is the only assist in the game to not get a avatar. Even the Saibamen got one, but not him. I can only wonder if this is a hint to Merged Zamasu being DLC in the future.

Most likely that is the case.

tumblr_ok566gfVIX1rd4ymxo1_500.gif

Bring on Merged Zamasu!

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here pre-ordered from simplygames in the UK? If so, is there a guarantee of SSB Goku and Vegeta coming with the pre-orders? I only ask because I just looked at the game page and it has no mention of them anywhere.

I've ordered from them before and only gotten pre-order bonuses when they were advertised on the game's store page on the site. If there is no mention of the extras on the page then I'm afraid you're probably not going to get them.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
VERY nice OT here, looks more like Promo material for the game, than something fan made. Great Job!

------
Ginyu's theme sounds like it wants to be super-hero Captain Falcon or something. In the scheme of the story, this makes no sense. As a surface level "Justice 5! GO!" type thing, it's fantastic.

Once again, this game's music makes me think of SNES and Dreamcast Era games. Cell's theme is making me think of De Role Le on PSO, and that's always good company. I always describe it as a "What Horrors has science wrought?!?!" theme, and that's Cell in a nutshell.

18's sounds like it belongs in a Megaman game, which... this has nothing to do with her, but it's pretty! Like, oddly enough, I think it has more personality than SHE usually does, and I really like 18.

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I have never liked playing fighting games with gamepad but when it comes to execution, this is the most noob friendly fighting game I have ever played. Every move is executed with QCF or QCB motion, even supers. The only more advanced technique is using HCB or HCF to use assist supers without using main first. Stick is probably better, but pad is perfectly fine.

I wonder how is QCBs on a pad? I always hated doing circular motions on a pad. With my stick it's smooth as butter. I will be using a stick at home but at work stuck with a pad unless I buy a second stick (which I might do). Pads wreck my thumbs too (only in fighting games though go figure)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've ordered from them before and only gotten pre-order bonuses when they were advertised on the game's store page on the site. If there is no mention of the extras on the page then I'm afraid you're probably not going to get them.

Oh for fucksake what a complete joke. Thanks for answering my question but I'm really not happy about this.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing this with a controller, bad idea lol. Good thing my 360->X1 adapter works wonders

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna meet whoever decided to implement Jazz into Hit's theme and shake their hand.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In your excitement, please don't forget to think about our fellow FighterZ in Japan who for some reason have to wait 6 more days to play this. Keep them in your thoughts.

Was the release date for MHW known when this one's release date was announced cause that would explain it

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I wonder how is QCBs on a pad? I always hated doing circular motions on a pad. With my stick it's smooth as butter. I will be using a stick at home but at work stuck with a pad unless I buy a second stick (which I might do). Pads wreck my thumbs too (only in fighting games though go figure)

As I said, I absolutely hate playing fighters on pad and I haven't used it for years. Even though I'm totally unaccustomed to gamepad I was pretty consistent with QCBs, I don't think I ever dropped one. Same goes for half circle motions. The game is very lenient with inputs. Also, I've been playing for a whole day today and I didn't have any pain in fingers, but that's just me.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Well fuck it, I had $20 in Best Buy certs expiring so for $30 (GCU + reward cert) I decided to pre-order after seeing the reviews and knowing I have nothing else to use those certs on.

Status
Not open for further replies.