• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I think that's why I hate Cell. I never could do his loop. Tried asking for advice on discord. Guess my hands are just too slow or something (I cant time that flip he does correctly)

If I could've mastered the Cell loop I definitely would've joined in on all the fun and rode the high tier wave all the way.

Maybe in another few months I'll be worthy of doing these loops.

But right now my team has been Vegito/Gotenks/Flex (like Tien) so havent messed around with trying to do Cell loops in quite awhile

Oct 25, 2017
Cell loops took me a bit to get down but were easy after like a day. Base Vegeta I've done one time ever on my first session with him when I must have been in the Avatar state or some shit because after that I've spent a few hours and not been able to get shit. I keep doing the 5L after the ki blast too slow, and when I try to speed up I accidentally mash and fuck up the timing of the second L

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here is a short vid on a cool Teen Gohan combo I saw on another video recently. I can't do it consistenly since the air dash timing is the trickiest part, and I think you can do some assist shenanigans at the end but not sure how!

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I mean I learned the Cell loops on day 2 and have never really had a problem with it but now my hands are like jelly and i'm only hitting it like 50% of the time all of a sudden lol.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
^ Oh yeah I knew that's what you had meant. So strange I never got the loop to completely work.

When I get home maybe I'll try to lab it again.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I tried them a few months back. Couldn't do it. When it was clear Cell was just too good. I had to try them again. It took a few tries but I got them going. It helps there's no timing involved, you just had to input the right moves and you're set.
It also helps watching a couple of videos and see what moves they use so you know what to look for when trying it.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
^ Oh yeah I knew that's what you had meant. So strange I never got the loop to completely work.

When I get home maybe I'll try to lab it again.

You need to make sure to read the notations carefully and make sure after the first j.LL you double jump j.LL again so you're high enough to j.S 214L to start the loop.

2M > 5M > j.ML > dj.LL > j.S > j.214L > j.LL > j.S > SD > j.LL > j.S > j.214L > j.LL > j.S
> j.236M

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I haven't played Cell in so long now, I might try and see how he's changed. There's a big local tournament here in Peru tomorrow (Part of the Capcom Pro Tour, too), but I'll mostly be commentating SFV and DBFZ, plus I'm tired as fuck right now so I don't think I'll play and practice, I have more fun seeing people I haven't seen in a while and interacting with everyone.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
You need to make sure to read the notations carefully and make sure after the first j.LL you double jump j.LL again so you're high enough to j.S 214L to start the loop.

2M > 5M > j.ML > dj.LL > j.S > j.214L > j.LL > j.S > SD > j.LL > j.S > j.214L > j.LL > j.S
> j.236M
Bingo!!! That's exactly what my issue was. Only had a few mins to practice but got past the the first part (2M > 5M > j.ML > dj.LL > j.S > j.214L > j.LL )! Excellent.

redmambaxiii

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Something I have never figured out, how can you do a level 3 super at the end of a dhc? And can you do it with every toon?

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game after i tried the Switch beta. The game didn't look very appealing to me at first, but after i tried it i changed my mind very quickly. Game is loads of fun. My team consists of Goku Black, Tien Shinhan and Kid Buu. I'm spending most of my time doing casual matches. I know i should hit the lab and train, but i'm having too much fun right now, even though i loose most of the time. Anyway, game is legit and i should have tried it earlier.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Playing around with Gotenks, when I was playing this regularly everyone thought he was ass and now he's considered pretty high now. He's fun.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dk1EoWsXgAAr32E.jpg

Can't wait for season 2

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I think of it, we can now have 6 different goku in one match :

Base Goku, SS Goku, Blue Goku, Goku Black, Vegito, Bardock (by purity order).

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to do this after an air combo/hardknock down.
That's something different. He's giving you the notation for regular super into super cancels.

The one you're asking for is 426 (half circle forward) or 624(half circle back), depending on if you want level1 or level 3 super, and assist 1/2. That's the one you can cancel from hard knockdowns to another character's super.

Oct 28, 2017
So I've kind of decided that I hate Base Goku, and in my "please give me a reason to like this game" brief pit of despair I bought base Vegeta to run a full Vegeta team and it's....not bad so far. His corner loops are much easier and more fun to do than Goku's. Dunno if I care enough to learn midscreen loops since this is just sub team status atm, but he seems pretty strong still even without that.

What's SSJ Vegeta's current optimized sparking route? I've been doing blast into jMH, empty vanish, jMS 66 jML, jLML2H, jLL dj jLLL 214LM. Is that it? People seem to be having a number of different routes for him so I'm not sure which is the most damaging or consistent.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, there is nothing sweeter than hitting the Spirit Bomb in a live match. So damn satisfying and so much damage...

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
First big tournament Post-Patch and we can say goodbye to Cell(mostly). 50% of the roster was represented here not too shabby.
I still saw far too many Bardock level 3's. Please drop him for someone GO1.

Any predictions for who will rule this time after SSJ Vegeta and Cell? I'm going to go big and say #17 shall rule Dragon Ball the second he comes out.

Leaderboard(LAUNCH):

SSJ Vegeta - 33
Cell - 23
Adult Gohan - 17
#16 - 13
Goku Black - 13
Kid Boo - 13
Trunks - 10
SSJ Goku - 9
Bardock - 6
#18 - 6
#21 - 6
Hit - 5
Tenshinhan - 4
Gotenks - 2
Blue Goku - 2
Teen Gohan - 2
Nappa - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Majin Boo - 1
Ginyu - 1
Piccolo - 1

No appearances: Kuririn, Yamcha, Beerus, Freeza and Broly.

Leaderboard(POST-PATCH 1):
Cell - 50
SSJ Vegeta - 38
Kid Boo - 35
Bardock - 29
SSJ Goku - 15
Adult Gohan - 15
Trunks - 13
Goku Black - 13
Gotenks - 11
#16 - 10
Piccolo - 7
Yamcha - 6
#21 - 6
Tenshinhan - 4
Zamasu - 4
Hit - 3
Teen Gohan - 3
Blue Goku - 2
Blue Vegeta - 2
Broly - 2
Majin Boo - 1
Freeza - 1
#18 - 1
Vegetto - 1
Nappa - 1
Ginyu - 1

No appearances: Beerus and Kuririn.

TWFighter 2018
#16 - 4
SSJ Vegeta - 3
Adult Gohan - 3
SSJ Goku - 2
Ginyu - 2
Bardock - 2
Cell - 2
#18 - 1
Gotenks - 1
Yamcha - 1
Teen Gohan - 1
Tenshinhan - 1
Base Vegeta - 1
Kid Boo- 1
Broly - 1

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Huh, just noticed that in Ranked apparently the default option is now "Same Rank" I admit it's quite nice actually at my rank but I can definitely seeing this being an issue at higher ranks

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just noticed that in Ranked apparently the default option is now "Same Rank" I admit it's quite nice actually at my rank but I can definitely seeing this being an issue at higher ranks
It's either "Same rank," "About the same rank," or "higher than me." All of the options make finding a match difficult at Living Legend.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's either "Same rank," "About the same rank," or "higher than me." All of the options make finding a match difficult at Living Legend.
I don't think it's that restrictive in SFV ? It's incredible how devs don't see how the pool of player diminishes the higher rank you are. You have to make some compromise...

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's that restrictive in SFV ? It's incredible how devs don't see how the pool of player diminishes the higher rank you are. You have to make some compromise...
It is not, I find matches very quickly in SFV, despite the game having a presumably much smaller pool of players. Before it used to be literally everyone, so Ultra Diamonds could be matched with Rookies, which was a problem. Now, the threshold lies once below your rank, which works efficiently and makes for consistently competitive matches.

Just another case of ASW getting it wrong.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I also enjoy the neutral.

I hate getting stuck in the corner, though. D:

But arguably I just need to get better so as not to get stuck there as often haha.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

----

I am not happy with this game lacking footsies. If I wasnt so lazy I'd probably hop over into another game but I invested so much effort learning the mechanics. I really want to hop over into BBTAG at somepoint cause I love the whole airdashing business. I just get tired of defending against superdash in this gravity (4+ fr lag).

[edit] Now in Ring matches it's a different story or in a match with higher level player. You can get some footsies going and its good fun. But you always gotta keep thinking in your mind, "in like 2-3 seconds if I hear that whirl he's gonna SD me". I just feel so relaxed when I play other fighting games cause there's more actual space control. Not every character can zip into your face and teleport.

Man I hope this 'White' color player i just fought against wasn't brand new. I tried to go easy on him but I couldnt help but use him for combo practice.

It's hard to describe the feeling of fighting a new born baby like that. Just no neutral, constant whiffs, and when I move in there's just zero resist. You can just combo them all day long like a pinata. It's a rare treat almost cause most of the time in Casuals I'm fighting off pinks. But Ranked has been aight

Last edited: