Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
YmSDbF5.png
Man is this art style beautiful or what?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something I haven't seen anyone bring up, how do people feel about King Vegeta no longer just being Vegeta with a beard?
0pBmjwO.png

nqX5edz.png

old:
ntLyR83.jpg

9mzHW4a.png

Funny enough the new beard is also a better match for the one Vegeta had in Super.
maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Cooler should be the older brother who sees ruling the universe as pointless prompting him get banished (but not really, he just leaves on his own accord) by King Cold and become more powerful on his own.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I maintain that if they do Cooler he should be related to Frost instead, either as his father or brother.

Deleted member 8117

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the trailer.

It feels like an attempt at coherent storytelling with actual emotional depth.. Which is pretty new for modern Dragon Ball.. Makes me forgive the smaller cast this time around..

.. But it's also very blatant about being a fan service product and a "celebration" of the DB movie history.. With Broly, Baradok, and rumours of Gogeta. It makes the whole thing feel a bit too artificial and pander-y for my taste..

... But it looks gorgeous. Terrific colour design. Lovely character designs. Very strong bits of animation from the trailers alone. Characters feel like parts of the world which is also new for modern Dragon Ball. Very strong art direction overall..

.. But it's also a 100 movie trying to tell a grand story with multiple time periods while trying to please everyone and pander to everyone possible while also canonizing Broly, Gogeta, and Minus in the process. I'm not sure how well this gonna turn out for them especially since Nagamine said the original script was 3 hours..

So yeah I'm not sure what to feel about this movie.. But I'm excited for it. It certainly shapes up to be a much more interesting project than what I had in mind when they announced "DRAGON BALL SUPER: BROLY".

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
From Herms:

I like the trailer.

It feels like an attempt at coherent storytelling with actual emotional depth.. Which is pretty new for modern Dragon Ball.. Makes me forgive the smaller cast this time around..

.. But it's also very blatant about being a fan service product and a "celebration" of the DB movie history.. With Broly, Baradok, and rumors of Gogeta. It makes the whole thing feel a bit too artifical and pander-y for my taste..

... But it looks gorgeous. Terrific color design. Lovely character designs. Very strong bits of animation from the trailers alone. Characters feel like parts of the world which is also new for modern Dragob Ball. Very strong art direction overall..

.. But it's also a 100 movie trying to tell a grand story with multiple timeliness while trying to please everyone and pander to everyone possible while also canonizing Broly, Gogeta, and Minus in the process. I'm not sure how well this gonna turn out for them especially since Nagamine said the original script was 3 hours..

So yeah I'm not sure what to feel about this movie.. But I'm excited for it. It certainly shapes up to be a much more interesting project than what I had in mind when they announced "DRAGON BALL SUPER: BROLY".

It really not since regardless of personal feelings, the Future Trunks Saga and even the Universal Survival Saga were written with emotional depth in mind.

Also, 'timelines' isn't the right word. I think you mean time periods.

Deleted member 8117

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It really not since regardless of personal feelings, the Future Trunks Saga and even the Universal Survival Saga were written with emotional depth in mind.

Yeah, FT certainly attempted that - although this movie seems more determined about it-, but I don't think US did. It's my favourite modern DB thing so far and it had a few emotional moments here and there but "emotional depth" isn't as part of its DNA as it seems to be the case in this movie.

Also, 'timelines' isn't the right word. I think you mean time periods.

Yes. Thank you for the correction. English isn't my first language. :p

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yeah, FT certainly attempted that - although this movie seems more determined about it-, but I don't think US did. It's my favourite modern DB thing so far and it had a few emotional moments here and there but "emotional depth" isn't as part of its DNA as it seems to be the case in this movie.

Yes. Thank you for the correction. English isn't my first language. :p

Universal Survival Saga had universes reacting to their own erasing with variety between disbelief/despair/and acceptance. That how much each universe tried to come out the winner with many doing personal sacrifices like the U6 Namekians. So yes, the Universal Survival Saga had quite a bit of emotional depth sprinkled in between all the fighting.

No problem, I have to be more mindful of that.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Demon real arc with Janemba repurposed as the demon equivalent of god of destruction
If they do Janemba, I hope to god they fully flesh out the Demon Realm. Bring over Fu, his parents, etc. I really loathe that its been handled as the official alt universe/Marvel Ultimate canon for the Xenoverse and Heroes games.
I like the trailer.

.. But it's also very blatant about being a fan service product and a "celebration" of the DB movie history.. With Broly, Baradok, and rumors of Gogeta. It makes the whole thing feel a bit too artifical and pander-y for my taste..

... But it looks gorgeous. Terrific color design. Lovely character designs. Very strong bits of animation from the trailers alone. Characters feel like parts of the world which is also new for modern Dragob Ball. Very strong art direction overall..

.. But it's also a 100 movie trying to tell a grand story with multiple timeliness while trying to please everyone and pander to everyone possible while also canonizing Broly, Gogeta, and Minus in the process. I'm not sure how well this gonna turn out for them especially since Nagamine said the original script was 3 hours..

Definitely. I feel like Dragon Ball Super: The Last of the Saiyans would have been a more appropriate title. This movie is basically a reteling of Minus while incorporating Broly from the looks of it, and to be honest it makes total sense that everything that happened in the final years of the Saiyan Race are connected. Throw in some Yamoshi, reveal that Beerus is the reason they got wiped out and you have a stew going.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
From the new Super calendar:

calendrier-dragon-balsgcsb.jpg

I kinda love how this has become one of the most iconic shots of Super :)

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
Will there ever be a chance that the Saiyans and Planet Vegeta will be brought back using the Dragon Balls?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Will there ever be a chance that the Saiyans and Planet Vegeta will be brought back using the Dragon Balls?

Honestly I'm expecting it as soon as Vegeta learns that Beerus gave the order this whole time.

but mainly because saiyans = $$$$$$$ and the dragon ball room probably has 100 fanfics ready for 100 different saiyans

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Dragon Ball Minus doesn't need canonization. It was always canon.
Sure. But an actual retelling in animated form would allow that part of that lore reach the international broader audience, and tying it into Broly allows him to return without the story being too contrived in how a 3rd faction of Saiyans stayed alive after the eradication. Freeza orders the saiyans back to planet Vegeta. Vegeta stayed off planet with Raditz, Kakarot got sent to Earth, and Paragus went off to do his own thing with his son Broly. Beerus orders Olanet Vegeta ans the saiyans destroyed, shit happens and 40 years later Paragus returns. And that's how you setup the movie in a natural way, instead of them appearing out of nowhere, and tbrowing them into the whole King Cold Empire ordeal makes more sense than the whole baby rivalry thing.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Broly is the reason Frieza and Beerus decide to destroy Planet Vegeta. His high power level as a baby makes them suspect he's the Super Saiyan of legend, the one that Frieza fears, so Frieza reports news of him to Beerus and that there could be more saiyans like him one day, and Beerus tells Frieza to destroy the planet.

I actually wonder if we'll see Beerus in any flashbacks in this movie.

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
i think you guys are putting way too much thought into this beerus thing, it seemed like such a throwaway line in BoG, i doubt toriyama even remembers it

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
i think you guys are putting way too much thought into this beerus thing, it seemed like such a throwaway line in BoG, i doubt toriyama even remembers it
I never thought it was as important as the fanbase makes it out to be lol. It was brought up in a super blase manner

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Here is the official dub trailer. No official sub translation yet:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.