Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it'll be the GT design for SSJ4

guaranteed

like Broly's LSSJ form returning. Just straight copy and paste because the fans love it too much.

but also like Broly, there will probably be changes to their pants. because that makes it "new"

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
it'll be the GT design for SSJ4

guaranteed

like Broly's LSSJ form returning. Just straight copy and paste because the fans love it too much.

but also like Broly, there will probably be changes to their pants. because that makes it "new"
Full Power Broly isn't an exact copy and paste, the proportions are different, head and face are different, he has his body scars and his hair is a completely new design.
It also existed solely to get clowned by Gogeta.
SSJ4 is also pretty antithetical to Toriyama's design philosophy, he specifically went simple on the god forms for a reason. LSSJ and Full Power Broly are much simpler than SSJ4.
Broly is also massively more popular than SSJ4.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Full Power Broly isn't an exact copy and paste, the proportions are different, head and face are different, he has his body scars and his hair is a completely new design.
It also existed solely to get clowned by Gogeta.
SSJ4 is also pretty antithetical to Toriyama's design philosophy, he specifically went simple on the god forms for a reason. LSSJ and Full Power Broly are much simpler than SSJ4.
Broly is also massively more popular than SSJ4.

The comparison is a little weird since we're comparing a character to a form.

It makes more sense to say Broly is more popular than Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and Goku.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
About 30 chapters into Dragon Ball. Lil Goku and Krillin are carrying milk around. Pretty swell.

That viz $2 sub deal is A1.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Broly has released internationally, the announcement for Super's return should be pretty soon, right? Any events to look out for? Sorry if this gets asked all the time, but I've been a bit out of the loop with Dragon Ball news.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Some new Takahashi.

Now that Broly has released internationally, the announcement for Super's return should be pretty soon, right? Any events to look out for? Sorry if this gets asked all the time, but I've been a bit out of the loop with Dragon Ball news.
Really depends how soon it's coming back and how long they want the hype cycle to be. Toei let it slip at a licensing convention that more episodes are in production, so at least we know it's happening.
The FighterZ Finals today and tomorrow are a possibility for the announcement, but after that the first thing that comes to mind is Goku Day, May 9th.

Last edited:

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are any other figure series in the same scale as Banpresto's Chokoku Buyuden line? I'd like to start a collection with SSG Vegeta.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
How much of note am I missing from only reading Dragon Ball and not watching it? I've just youtubed some clips, like the Goku vs Jackie Chun fight, or Goku vs Muscle Tower and I'm just like yeahh.... I'm good with just using my imagination to connect these fight panels lol.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Do we know all of the artists he's emulating here? What is your guess?

Most of the first row I'm pretty clear on, except the second from the left. Aside from the modern toriyama SSG in the bottome row, not sure about those.

The top rightest one is Yammamuro right? I actually really like how his Goku face seemed to have evolved over the course of Super, even if the whole body is still stiff or whatevs. It gives off his assholy smugness well. (and I know this sounds like some kinda bias since it's the only drawing here that's giving that kind of expression, but I thought this before I promise)

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
How much of note am I missing from only reading Dragon Ball and not watching it? I've just youtubed some clips, like the Goku vs Jackie Chun fight, or Goku vs Muscle Tower and I'm just like yeahh.... I'm good with just using my imagination to connect these fight panels lol.
Some sweet insert songs. Plus a few plot improvements (but also some things are way worse). It's probably worth watching the insert song scenes plus the quest to get the ultra divine water is way better in the anime

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

On the whole the Manga is better than the anime but you do miss the incredible music and insert songs plus some fights do benefit greatly from being animated.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
God the more I see the new art direction, the more I need it for the next Super Series. It would suck so hard for them to go back to the plastic style, it deserves to rot over in the corner that Heroes occupies.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
God the more I see the new art direction, the more I need it for the next Super Series. It would suck so hard for them to go back to the plastic style, it deserves to rot over in the corner that Heroes occupies.
I can't imagine they don't keep the new style. Seems like they wouldn't have changed it at all if that was the case.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the movie's artstyle is actually much more animation friendly so it would actually make animating easier and more cost effective in general

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Other than a decent chunk of the cgi fight i really really enjoyed the animation. I hope they find a way too keep it up for when the series continues

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
On the whole the Manga is better than the anime but you do miss the incredible music and insert songs plus some fights do benefit greatly from being animated.

Some sweet insert songs. Plus a few plot improvements (but also some things are way worse). It's probably worth watching the insert song scenes plus the quest to get the ultra divine water is way better in the anime

Fosho, thanks. I'll check out the Karin parts in the anime.

Edit: Oh wait that's different water

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know all of the artists he's emulating here? What is your guess?

Most of the first row I'm pretty clear on, except the second from the left. Aside from the modern toriyama SSG in the bottome row, not sure about those.

The top rightest one is Yammamuro right? I actually really like how his Goku face seemed to have evolved over the course of Super, even if the whole body is still stiff or whatevs. It gives off his assholy smugness well. (and I know this sounds like some kinda bias since it's the only drawing here that's giving that kind of expression, but I thought this before I promise)
Shintani - Toyotaro - Saiyan arc Maeda or Toriyama - modern Yamamuro
Freeza arc Sato - GT Nakatsuru - Modern Toriyama - Cooler movie Nakatsuru

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine if Goku was still like this

image0.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
but adult goku isn't even friends with any bad guys...lots of neutrals though

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
smh yall are no fun

this goku seems like he'd be less ok with keeping frieza around is all I'm sayin

also tell me hit aint a bad guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.