• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Do you fear jumping into the deep end of the pool? Are you afraid of leaping head-over-heels in love? Is commitment difficult for you? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, then we've got the remedy in the form of DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2 "Lite", a free version of the game that will be available for download starting Wednesday, March 20th for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

New players entering the Xenoverse 2 through the "Lite" version of the game will be able to experience the following:
  • Play five story episodes, 'Raditz's Attack', 'The Saiyan Threat', 'Ruckus on Planet Namek', 'The Ginyu Force Strikes' and 'The Galactic Emperor', from the main game.
  • Take part in Online Battles and Online Quests – with the option to play against those with the full version of the game (Online events and expert missions will remain exclusive to owners of the full game)
  • Compete in Hero Colosseum mode, with all content and online matches
  • Additionally, players will be able to transfer saved data from the "Lite" version to the full game if they choose to purchase the full version of DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2
dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-31230-9884867-8.jpg

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-black-goku.jpg

Last edited:

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, I've never seen this type of thing done before. How long as Japan had their free version?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good. I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay of the first but I digged, so having a free go at the sequel sounds good 'cause I wasn't gonna spend money on it blindly.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Wait, a photo mode? Is that going to be added when the free version launches or did that get patched into the game previously?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't Xenoverse 2 sell well on the Switch? I'm surprised they didn't announced the F2P version for them too

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Huh. So it's basically a demo, but with a portion of it (multiplayer) free in perpetuity? That's pretty neat. Basically taking the mobile "Lite" model to consoles.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Xenoverse 2 sell well on the Switch? I'm surprised they didn't announced the F2P version for them too
"DBX 2" isnt on Switch.

"DBX 2 for Nintendo Switch" is a completely different game.

On a more serious note - yeah it sold well, but you know how it is with japanese publishers and the Switch.
Upcoming CC2 DBZ RPG is missing Switch as well.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like this approach, as you can try the game otherwise when you wouldn't, and then if you like, you can pay for the full version. Did this with Dissidia NT because I liked it a lot despite issues.

Wish they did this for PC as well, though. Well, I might try it when I pull out my PS4 again.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Just in the last two weeks, the following F2P fighters were released:

• Final Fantasy Dissidia NT free edition
  • Dead or Alive 6 Core Fighters
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Lite version

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

Make sense to boost their online population..

Snk fighters should do that as well..

I love snk but their online population number is really low...

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't make threads so I'm going to post this here.

It's out now!
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/free_dragon_ball_xenoverse_2_lite_is_out_now_on_ps4
Head on over to the PlayStation Store right now and you should find Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2 Lite -- the newly released, free version of Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2. It features several story missions and the ability to battle online with other players. What's more, any progress that you make in Lite will carry over to the full game should you decide to buy it.

XenoVerse 2 is a pretty easy recommendation for fans of anything Dragon Ball. It's a kind of mix between a role-playing game and a fighter -- it's easy to pick up and there's loads of room for character customisation. This free edition should be well worth a look if you're even the least bit interested.

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-lite-ps4.900x.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"DBX 2" isnt on Switch.

"DBX 2 for Nintendo Switch" is a completely different game.

On a more serious note - yeah it sold well, but you know how it is with japanese publishers and the Switch.
Upcoming CC2 DBZ RPG is missing Switch as well.

Got to wait a year for the Switch version.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

FY ending soon - gotta drop something so you can have 2-3 more positive sentences on the financial reports.
Got to wait a year for the Switch version.

I can see it happening shorty after they unveil XV3 for PS5/Scarlet next year - sounds about right.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Cool, every three months or so I look at it on the PSN store, wondering if I should take the plunge or not.
I like this trend for fighting games.