• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized I forgot to finish my monster list. I only have like 2 or 3 enemies not filled out I think. I might go back and do that if I can find a list of enemies

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Having a weird time trying to get the game to recognize I'm building a reception room, I think I have all the right parts according to random guide websites (two desks, candle and stationary on a desk, inn sign). It's connected to a bed room via a door but just reads as a regular nondescript room.

Oct 28, 2017
Having a weird time trying to get the game to recognize I'm building a reception room, I think I have all the right parts according to random guide websites (two desks, candle and stationary on a desk, inn sign). It's connected to a bed room via a door but just reads as a regular nondescript room.
You don't need an Inn Sign, you need a Wall Hanging, specifically the one named "Wall Hanging". I've tried a few other ones and they didn't work for me despite the Google doc's insistence that it can be just any old Wall Decoration.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Approaching end-game now.

My plagiarism on display:

EB41jXVXsAE33hQ

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Blader/Soul Blazer. That's it. That's what this game reminds me of! If any of you love this "build a ruined world" feel, you might give Soul Blazer a shot. It's like a much simpler version of this, with a full JRPG plot and everything. It's published by Enix, too!

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn these chapters are long as fuck.
This game isn't very speedrun friendly, that's for sure. I particularly like the part where the important NPCs straight up tell you, "Oh, you thought all those other quests were optional? Let's just pause the plot until you do them all!"

Kind of a bummer, the speedrun for the first game is very amusing to watch. I'm keeping tabs on a few people who are trying to route the game, it'll be neat to see how much they can pare the game down time-wise, but I very much doubt DQB2 will be in a marathon anytime soon.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Maybe I'm too early (just finished after second island)but... How'd you get the custom sprite?

You're too early.

Near endgame you can make a custom banner, which literally has a ~16x16 location where you place colored blocks to make the pixel art

has this game received patches? does it need any more in your opinion?

• I really wish they would add dynamic resolution or something to try and hit closer to 30fps+ all the time.
  • Obviously, fix the delay when they display the disembodied subtitles

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Only two more tablet targets left - selling 200 items and breeding pets. Wonder if I should just leave my Switch on overnight lol

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
This game is incredible. It is such a good example of a sequel done right.

• It has everything I liked about the first game
  • You do not have to have any experience with the first game to enjoy this game
  • The gameplay possibilities are so much bigger
  • So many smart changes that makes the game even more enjoyable. Quality of Life? Yes, teleport instead of backtracking as an example.
  • So many surprises!
  • Actually interesting characters
  • While at work, I am thinking about what I did last night in the game, and I am eager to continue!

Oct 28, 2017
has this game received patches? does it need any more in your opinion?
At least one patch for the English version has been released.

Obviously it needs more patches. Switch performance improvements sacrificing a little of that visual quality in exchange for a stable locked 30fps would be amazing for docked players. As a handheld player myself, the only time frames took an unbearable drop was during a major story segment on Island 3.

They just did a stream showing the final major content update for Japan, so there's going to be at least one more big patch.

redlentil

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you on a second play through; when you overwrite your game with a new save, do you keep your preorder bonus and DQB1 bonus etc? I'm a bit worried that I'll lose access to my stackable slimes etc. I'm on Switch.

I really want to start again and take my time practicing building on the story islands because I just rushed through it first time. I don't want to lose anything though.

I could wait for the next patch with multiple save slots I guess, but I don't know when that will hit the west.

Oct 28, 2017
For those of you on a second play through; when you overwrite your game with a new save, do you keep your preorder bonus and DQB1 bonus etc? I'm a bit worried that I'll lose access to my stackable slimes etc. I'm on Switch.

I really want to start again and take my time practicing building on the story islands because I just rushed through it first time. I don't want to lose anything though.

I could wait for the next patch with multiple save slots I guess, but I don't know when that will hit the west.
I made a second profile on my Nintendo Switch to have a second save file. You can probably keep the bonus content for playing the first game if you restart. The season pass/DLC and other bonus items (such as Stackable Slime) are Switch-wide, however the DQB1 savefile data is per Switch profile, so I'd have to beat the game with my new profile to have those items. (Our kid previously beat the first game using my Switch, which is how I had them for my primary profile.)

redlentil

Oct 27, 2017
I made a second profile on my Nintendo Switch to have a second save file. You can probably keep the bonus content for playing the first game if you restart. The season pass/DLC and other bonus items (such as Stackable Slime) are Switch-wide, however the DQB1 savefile data is per Switch profile, so I'd have to beat the game with my new profile to have those items. (Our kid previously beat the first game using my Switch, which is how I had them for my primary profile.)

Thanks for the info. I'll probably think on it for a week or so and see how I feel about abandoning my save. Wish we had info about the western release of that final patch...

Oct 28, 2017
And here I thought the dialogue couldn't get any better.

Shane is awesome, man.
I'm an idiot and circumnavigated some events to float on over to (seriously, big spoiler)
his ship right before he sends you to Skelkatraz
to see if there was any new dialogue there (nope), and now there's patch of those type of blocks (complete with door icon) that won't disappear from my IoA's map/mini map despite there being no structure in that area.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
So, I'm trying to breed cats in my castle and one cat maxed out its happiness way earlier than the other and started wandering around. It was acting distressed that it couldn't reach me and when I approached it dropped a shell at my feet. I pet it and it rolled around happily and wandered away. The cat has since brought me gifts of shells, seaweed, wood and rocks.

The cats in this game hunt and bring you presents.

Another odd thing I noticed is that someone in my castle has been fishing and leaving fish in a chest I have lying around. I'm totally confused.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Am I doing something wrong on island three?
I'm chewing through the levels by doing nothing and killing enemies by spikes all the time

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an idiot and circumnavigated some events to float on over to (seriously, big spoiler)
his ship right before he sends you to Skelkatraz
to see if there was any new dialogue there (nope), and now there's patch of those type of blocks (complete with door icon) that won't disappear from my IoA's map/mini map despite there being no structure in that area.

Not sure if I follow but
did you go to Shane's ship before talking to Brownbeard?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a guide for tablet targets? I just want a list of field types and the seeds/plants. I can only think of one plant I know for sure I've never planted. Actually, two. But that isn't enough and I don't know the land types I should gather.

For selling 200 items, I'm just gonna leave my PS4 on with the camera slowly rotating.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed this so much that I bought the first game. Hoping that the QoL downgrades won't bother me too much. I just need more DQB in my life.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Enjoyed this so much that I bought the first game. Hoping that the QoL downgrades won't bother me too much. I just need more DQB in my life.

I reckon for the most part, it isn't anything you won't be able to at least tolerate - but you will for *sure* miss the QoL stuff. A big part of it are the mechanics of 1 rooted in consumables or materials, that aren't in 2. E.g. yes fast-travel is available in more contexts in 2, but beyond that, such fast travel you had in 1 needed you to craft consumables (at least so far as I played 1) - and it was warp-to-town only; one way. Then there is the weapon durability in 1, versus its absence in 2. In 1 instead of a big always-there stash, you needed to craft a 'collossal coffer'. Oh, and in 1 you could only save at your town-flag. And so on.

Edit: A topical one for me, since I recently got it in 2 is the 'transform-o-trowel'. 1 one you could transform already-laid blocks, but you needed to craft a special type of the material in question, whereas the trowel removes that intermediary step.

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have a guide for tablet targets? I just want a list of field types and the seeds/plants. I can only think of one plant I know for sure I've never planted. Actually, two. But that isn't enough and I don't know the land types I should gather.

For selling 200 items, I'm just gonna leave my PS4 on with the camera slowly rotating.
Terrain:
iamBGS said:
Most of the tile types will be on your map naturally just from doing the earlier tablet targets. You'll have to bring these in from external sources:

Mud

Poison

Plasma

Lava

Sanguine sand

Scales

Citadel

I think there's some wiggle room to get your quota. Plasma, sanguine sand, scales, and citadel blocks can all be found on the Unholy Holm while the other three liquid types have multiple sources. Also you can craft citadel. (the green tinted castle blocks)

Are you needing help with crops or flowers? You can't get all the flowers until you beat the game afaik.
You're probably missing Tingleweed (which can be hammered into seed form) and any of the Ultimallet harvested flowers. It may be possible to cheese this requirement by placing a Blooming Poxglove from Malhalla down instead of getting the Ultimallet and harvesting something else (Pongesettia, the Milkblossom alternate with butterflies, Hyacinth, Rose).

Every single field crop is obtainable before reaching the final story area. If you're missing any of them between Crab Claw and Cactus Cutlet in the Builerpedia's item list (Page 2), let me know and we can try and fill in the gaps. Two of them are DLC exclusive.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
1 also had more raw pieces and steps to refine those down to actual useable things.

You had to go logs -> wood -> furniture instead of just wood -> furniture in Builders 2. Recipes were more picky and tedious as well, often requiring specific colors of raw materials, rather than just catch all materials like Builders 2 has.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Terrain:

Are you needing help with crops or flowers? You can't get all the flowers until you beat the game afaik.
You're probably missing Tingleweed (which can be hammered into seed form) and any of the Ultimallet harvested flowers. It may be possible to cheese this requirement by placing a Blooming Poxglove from Malhalla down instead of getting the Ultimallet and harvesting something else (Pongesettia, the Milkblossom alternate with butterflies, Hyacinth, Rose).

Every single field crop is obtainable before reaching the final story area. If you're missing any of them between Crab Claw and Cactus Cutlet in the Builerpedia's item list (Page 2), let me know and we can try and fill in the gaps. Two of them are DLC exclusive.
Thank you so much! I'm going to take a look when I'm home so I won't be able to check for a few hours. Can't wait to go and find the stuff I don't have

Oct 27, 2017
So i just finally last night finished the first island. One of the things that kind of annoys me a bit is the hunger meter. For the 1st island i would just keep taking veggies from the field to feed me if needed but i didnt have a ton of it.

Now that im in the 2nd act and im building up that new area, whats the best way for me to build a good source of food that maintains itself and i only need to pick up/harvest the goods from it?

Oct 28, 2017
So i just finally last night finished the first island. One of the things that kind of annoys me a bit is the hunger meter. For the 1st island i would just keep taking veggies from the field to feed me if needed but i didnt have a ton of it.

Now that im in the 2nd act and im building up that new area, whats the best way for me to build a good source of food that maintains itself and i only need to pick up/harvest the goods from it?
Build the kitchen that Babs requests, they can cook an infinite amount of mushroom sticks without any ingredients placed in the chest in the two different mushroom kitchens. Remember that NPCs will never deplete cooked food in a chest to less than five and pick them up every day. Also you can try hitting the tall cacti with your sword, they should drop seeds that you can use to grow more. They can grow several blocks tall and you can chop at them to obtain the seed a second time, giving you infinite cactus cutlets. If you have the fishing DLC you can fish for even more food.

Second Island, Interlude Island, and Third Island are all somewhat tight on food. Just remember to cook things to make sure they're more filling and very importantly... let your villagers starve. If you want them to cook for you, 5 of each dish per day is the rule of thumb, do not put more than 5 of an ingredient in community chests and make sure you pick up the cooked food every day.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game Thursday and beat it tonight, so yeah that was really enjoyable. Almost want to get Builders 1 but the loss of certain qol stuff sounds rough (and I'll probably burn out halfway). Really looking forward to the next builders though, if they make it. Wonder if they'd consider PC as a platform...

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
This should be useful for some of you: Youtube user BenXC has made an all-in-one blueprint for every room type.

The ID code for the island is npyrd8ZJVM

I recommend this guys other DQB2 videos, they're really helpful.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to Level 2 of Island 2, should I be making a minecart ride down the ENTIRE mine or just where the game asks me to?

Also do you guys tend to make rooms/inns for EVERYONE or just when its asked of you? Just curious.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to Level 2 of Island 2, should I be making a minecart ride down the ENTIRE mine or just where the game asks me to?

Also do you guys tend to make rooms/inns for EVERYONE or just when its asked of you? Just curious.

Just where the game prompts you is fine. You can lay tracks all over the place if you really want, but the game tells you which lines are strictly necessary to fix.

I only did what I was prompted to do, and seeing some people's beautiful jobs fixing things up on the non IoA islands I feel a little bad for since I rushed through their requests lol. Mostly got impatient to get back to IoA with new stuff.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I've been revisiting private bedrooms, since I built most of them before chapter 4.

I made Ancient Aliens real. Underneath the pyramid there is buried an alien spacecraft.

Very strange that the citadel and ark parts are considered Flamboyant. I made a room for Dougie before chapter 4 and to meet his needs I made it half out of gold and filled it with scary Hargon banners and junk, just totally filling the room with trash. It was easier to get the ambience now but it's really annoying that nothing boosts fanciness nearly as much as golden walls and flooring.

I gave them a cool aquarium though. Some blue lightboxes do wonders, but I wonder how it will look if I place fish in item display stands and use those as the bottom of the tank...

Oct 28, 2017
Just where the game prompts you is fine. You can lay tracks all over the place if you really want, but the game tells you which lines are strictly necessary to fix.

I only did what I was prompted to do, and seeing some people's beautiful jobs fixing things up on the non IoA islands I feel a little bad for since I rushed through their requests lol. Mostly got impatient to get back to IoA with new stuff.
I like going a little above and beyond for the story islands since (unlike the first game) all your progress and building on them is permanent, and you can revisit and improve them at any time you're free to sail about. But for me that just means things like... making the hotel area into the fanciest one available, adding a little extra decoration here and there, making sure there are at least two toilets, and so on. I wouldn't build a crazy roller coaster or one of those "big builds" on a story island or anything like that, but kudos to those that do spend a lot of time there working with the available materials. I love seeing the screenshots on the loading screen, it is amazing the kind of creativity some people have when they only have a limited selection of things to work with.

I beat the game a second time, got all 90 Mini Medals (which includes all the tablet targets), and am slowly working on filling out my item list. I just made all the blocks and items in the stump workbench and dyed all the dyeable clothes and armor in every color, my next project is probably going to be Silvery Sludge farming so I can finish the armory section of the item list.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Just one tablet Target remaining - sell 200 items.

And i'm not sure why but it's stalling at 163 items and i'm having a hard time making the villagers buy anything.

I made a shop in each location with merchants and stocked these but nobody seems to buy stuff anymore. It seems super random.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

I try to make sure everyone has a bed at least. The nice thing about making the dorm is you can go nuts with it and have beds for everyone.

Fun tip: If you make a private bedroom and then make a shower or bathroom (you can't have both, but two tiny rooms joined together work) connected to it, it'll only be used by the owner/owners of said bedroom. Anyone else will stay out and not even go through it.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
So I've made to Moonbrooke and am trying to build a room with all the building benches, but monsters keep spawning in the base nonstop. Do I have to do something in order for them to stop or maybe my game glitched? I can't do anything while this happens. Doesn't matter if I defeat them or if they run away they comeback in matter of seconds

redlentil

Oct 27, 2017
So I've made to Moonbrooke and am trying to build a room with all the building benches, but monsters keep spawning in the base nonstop. Do I have to do something in order for them to stop or maybe my game glitched? I can't do anything while this happens. Doesn't matter if I defeat them or if they run away they comeback in matter of seconds

Trying to remember, but set up camp in the repaired throne room for a while, then start building out from there. Let the others take care of the monsters. Get as many floor spikes down as possible in the central corridor when you get the chance... I mean really flood it with spikes.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Trying to remember, but set up camp in the repaired throne room for a while, then start building out from there. Let the others take care of the monsters. Get as many floor spikes down as possible in the central corridor when you get the chance... I mean really flood it with spikes.

It's so great they made it an enemy only thing. In the previous game you had to be careful because you took damage as well.