• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii teases various announcements for 35th anniversary in 2021

2021 will mark the 35th anniversary of the Dragon Quest series in Japan, and creator Yuji Horii has said to expect various announcements in celebration.
2021 will mark the 35th anniversary of the Dragon Quest series in Japan, and creator Yuji Horii has said to expect various announcements in celebration.

During his closing remarks at Dragon Quest X Fall Festival 2020 on October 30, Horii said, "Thank you very much for today. Next year, Dragon Quest will celebrate its 35th anniversary. I believe we will be able to make all sorts of announcements in regards to that. And there is still a whole lot of fun to look forward to in Astoltia [the world of Dragon Quest X]. Please continue to support Dragon Quest in the future. Thank you very much!"

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Please give Sugiyama retirement forever into a dumpster into DQ12 announcement as well as Dai localization for the West. And a new Rocket Slime while you're at it.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they do the right thing and make Dragon Quest XII and open world action RPG making full use of the power of the PS5. They need to aim for the west.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's unlikely, but an offline DQX game would be more than enough for me. Not even new games. The hole missing there is deep to me. :(

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Best announcement for the anniversary would be that Sugiyama would be stepping down as composer :p

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully they do the right thing and make Dragon Quest XII and open world action RPG making full use of the power of the PS5. They need to aim for the west.
Gross. Please no.

Final Fantasy is the guinea pig series where they can do whatever they feel like but keep Dragon Quest as it is. 11 is a perfect old school JRPG.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Monsters (and I hope with Erick as MC) and maybe a Dragon Quest Heroes. Many options to choose.

Edit: Ok I would like a DQ III and DQ IX remake too.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
They need to aim for the west.
No they don't. The games are profitable enough with just the Japanese sales (and Western sales for XI weren't that bad). The main audience for DQ games is Japanese gamers, not us.

I think most games in the series are ripe for a Unreal Engine, XI-style remake. The question is which...

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in for whatever they announce for Switch. DQXI Definitive Edition is a genre masterpiece.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for whatever they announce for Switch. DQXI Definitive Edition is a genre masterpiece.
I have to say after 30 hours of DQXI I'm about to drop it. The game is too easy. The story and characters are charming and the graphics look nice but I'm bored with the game already due to any lack of challenge. It's mostly just giving attack commands and occasionally a heal or spell. I hope thwy focus on the Switch for the next entry and actually make a good game.

Oct 25, 2017
Key word here is "announcements" not releases. DQXII has been in development since 2019. DQ Monsters is mia. I expect the announcement of DQ XII PS4/PS5/Switch with PC sku for the west. Maybe some showing footage for the DQ Monsters and some mobile games(DQ XI S mobile port?).

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
9 remake on Switch along with 4/5/6 and 7 3DS/8 3DS ports on Switch please.
I have to say after 30 hours of DQXI I'm about to drop it. The game is too easy. The story and characters are charming and the graphics look nice but I'm bored with the game already due to any lack of challenge. It's mostly just giving attack commands and occasionally a heal or spell. I hope thwy focus on the Switch for the next entry and actually make a good game.
Wtf, with even just Stronger Monsters turned on in the Draconian modifiers it's one of the hardest DQ games easy.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DQ IX remake finally happening? I wonder if they'll get Seth Green for the American commercials again.

Oct 27, 2017
The new Dragon Quest Monsters game
Dragon Quest 9 remake
Dragon Quest 12
Sugiyama's being replaced

I think the first three are pretty likely at least.

Edit: stop falling for oregano's bait lol

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Expecting info on Dai Infinity Strash and Monsters 4 finally. Maybe an official announcement/reveal on DQXII.

I hope we get Builders 3 (based off DQIII). And we really need a DQIX remake.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think focusing on PS4 is why it's a boring game.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I really hope that DQXII will be on Switch.

Other than that, the time has come for a DQIX remake and they should really bring the Zenithian trilogy on modern hardware

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting info on Dai Infinity Strash and Monsters 4 finally. Maybe an official announcement/reveal on DQXII.

I hope we get Builders 3 (based off DQIII). And we really need a DQIX remake.

Builders 3 seems obvious but would have Niinou's departure has possibly disrupted that?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
DQ Monsters
DQ XII tease?
Probably some other spinoffs
Hopefully Dai game for the west :(