• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This would be awesome. I think they're both very cool games that are worth playing.

Can Koei bring back Dynasty Warriors 7 too ? It had the best story

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
SE certainly knows how to nickel and dime us Western DQ fans and splitting up the combo pack is certainly a way to do it

Oct 26, 2017
It's just popped up on an Austrian (?) retailer as separate releases

I know the thumbnail shows PS4 but trust me it lists it as Switch.
NX-DRQUH.jpg
NX-DRQUH2.jpg

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jesus, that would be really terrible if they put the two games on two carts. we have 32GB carts at affordable prices now, and 1+2 fit on a 32GB cart.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
jesus, that would be really terrible if they put the two games on two carts. we have 32GB carts at affordable prices now, and 1+2 fit on a 32GB cart.
Affordable ? Maybe...but I doubt they are viable for a game that's gonna sell as much as DQH1+2.

Separate releases isn't that bad if it results in a cheaper price. Personally I don't have a reason to pick up DQH...but would like the second game if they improved it a bit.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Omega Force goes back and tunes up the games too. They could and *should* stand to run better than they do now that they're not being rushed for launch.

flohen95

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not sure why they waited so long if there was going to be a seperate release for these games anyway - it should have made a release viable from the very beginning, and the price point for these games (whatever that will end up being) would have been more easily justified due to the closer proximity to the original release dates (especially for DQH2). But better late than never, I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't be so sure.

Witcher 3 is MASSIVE in terms of it being a fucking huge deal. DQH is just a spin-off that frankly has little sales potential in the west when even DQXIS didn't take off like it should have. In Japan it was justified because Dragon Quest is bigger than Dairy Queen there, but in the west, I don't blame them one bit since 32GB carts still must be really expensive, plus Nintendo must've done a very special favor to CDPR for likely funding the carts? Wasn't that what was said?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Watch them pull a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on us here in North America and only put the first game on a 16GB cart, forcing us to download the second one, while Asia gets both games on one 32GB card.

It's just popped up on an Austrian (?) retailer as separate releases
Or this. And both games will be full price. -_- And they'll wonder: gee, why doesn't DQ ever do so well overseas??

Oct 26, 2017
with hoe much nintendo and SE work together and how much nintendo cares for the DQ IP in the west, i can't imagine they wouldn't have done the same here.
I'm not so sure. It'd be a big risk investment I'd think. Also, it's not impossible that the separate games may be at a reasonable price. $40 USD maybe? Builders 1 was $50 USD right?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
TW3 was a prestige title for Switch - just showing off that it's possible was a big deal for the plattform. It's also gonna sell much more than something like DQH.

32gb+ is viable for big games that have the potential to be million sellers. Not for niche games.
i bet each will be 60 bucks
Well that would be a no from me...gonna wait for a sale.
Hell even 40 would be too much for me - 30 seems like somewhat reasonable.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
After waiting months for these to be announced for Switch, I figured they weren't ever coming, so I recently got them both on PS4 since they were $20 each. Sometimes I wish they'd just let us know if a game is coming to Switch, even if the release is a long ways off. I can wait if I know it's coming.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever the circumstances I'm just glad it's finally releasing. Now about DQX...

Watch them pull a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on us here in North America and only put the first game on a 16GB cart, forcing us to download the second one, while Asia gets both games on one 32GB card.
I sort of expected them to do this, but like 2 years ago. Actually if Nintendo didn't have so much of their own Musou early on I bet they would've done the honors.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind separate releases. I just hope they polish the games up a bit before releasing.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
40 each would be fine with me, as I'd probably only get one of them anyways.

E: see below...
Releasing them seperately AND both for 60, though, would be a huge FUCK YOU from Square to us. I mean, that would make them double of what the japanese release was in terms of price, if one were to get both. They can't be that greedy, now can they?
Just saying it out loud makes it sound completely dumb - 120 here vs 60 in Japan?! Naaah. SE can't possibly be that bad.

(Please don't make me regret those words, Square.)

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
40 each would be fine with me, as I'd probably only get one of them anyways. Releasing them seperately AND both for 60, though, would be a huge FUCK YOU from Square to us. I mean, that would make them double of what the japanese release was in terms of price, if one were to get both. They can't be that greedy, now can they?
Just saying it out loud makes it sound completely dumb - 120 here vs 60 in Japan?! Naaah. SE can't possibly be that bad.

(Please don't make me regret those words, Square.)

TBF they were actually closer to $100 in Japan.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not convinced the 32GB cart is affordable yet. Publishers are still touchy about using even the 16GB. Nintendo probably just subsidized part of the cost of the 32GB for CDPR.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Omega Force goes back and tunes up the games too. They could and *should* stand to run better than they do now that they're not being rushed for launch.

I'd be really disappointed if they did nothing to fix up the performance. We know what Switch is capable of now, and sitting on these games for 3 years while localised PS4 versions existed only to release them in the same state they were in 2017, on two carts and at full price would be ridiculous. I'd like to think Square Enix/Omega are better than that.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'd honestly rather have the dual pack as a digital only title than have to buy these separately.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not convinced the 32GB cart is affordable yet. Publishers are still touchy about using even the 16GB. Nintendo probably just subsidized part of the cost of the 32GB for CDPR.
16GB has gotten a lot more common, even for $30 releases. More recent games than just TW3 used 32GB too.

I'd be really disappointed if they did nothing to fix up the performance. We know what Switch is capable of now, and sitting on these games for 3 years while localised PS4 versions existed only to release them in the same state they were in 2017, on two carts and at full price would be ridiculous. I'd like to think Square Enix/Omega are better than that.
Based on later Switch Musou I'm hoping we also see multiple mode options (1080p/30fps, 720p/60fps).

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I was about to buy the play-asia japanese copy of 1 and 2, but might hold off now. Hope it does come West within the next 2-3 months

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I actually prefer separate releases if it means a cheaper price, as I'm only interested in 2 anyway. I'm just glad it's coming. Hopefully they improved the performance, that's the most important thing.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Those aren't big sellers (I think) or showhorses Nintendo would have a vested interest in helping bring to the Switch any way they can.
Minor correction but the JP/AS versions of AOT2FB are also on 32GB cards. We heard talk that card prices came down this year and I think these releases, as well as 16GB card releases becoming much more common and dropping below the $50 barrier, prove that out. We might start seeing 64GB premium releases this year too according to rumors.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
The double pack price in Japan converts to around $100 in Japan so ~$50 each would actually be price parity and give Switch owners in the West the option of buying one or the other or both.

Fair enough.

Didn't their double pack have additional features in DQH2? I think you could use the leads from DQH1 more throughout the game, or I may be mistaken?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
meh if we are to get a late DQ port why this when its available elsewhere i mean the many DQ monsters game we missed out on port the remakes in a collection add some AA update the resolution easy 60$ release

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how late we're getting it, I also hope for some serious optimization. I only played 1 on PS4 and I want to replay it + 2.
Fair enough.

Didn't their double pack have additional features in DQH2? I think you could use the leads from DQH1 more throughout the game, or I may be mistaken?
I think 2 on Switch has one additionnal character + bonus boss(es?)

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Square Enix games regularly get solid discounts on the eshop. If these launch at $40 each you'll have them for $20 in about 4-5 months. Because of that I actually have no issue with SE pricing on the Switch.