Snake2024

May 15, 2024
Maybe we will see it at the next playstation state of play or xbox showcase in the next two weeks or nintendo direct in june.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Maybe we will see it at the next playstation state of play or xbox showcase in the next two weeks or nintendo direct in june.
Given the order of the platforms in the vertical, I'm going to assume that Nintendo has marketing rights (or is at least the lead platform). If I were a betting person, I'd say it's a lock for next month's Nintendo Direct.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited! This is going to be so amazing.

Also don't get too fixed in the legend begins tagline. It technically does in 3 hehe

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Given the order of the platforms in the vertical, I'm going to assume that Nintendo has marketing rights (or is at least the lead platform). If I were a betting person, I'd say it's a lock for next month's Nintendo Direct.

I wouldn't read too much in to the logo order; unless someone explicitly buys the rights, given how the previous HD2D games have sold, Nintendos platform would be the lead platform no matter what.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It was revealed 3 years ago with in-game footage, I seriously hope we will have more substantial news very soon.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
No way this is just DQ3 given that new teaser...
And hopefully that is not the only thing for DQ day or that would be a pretty lame celebration.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Damn no date, no new footage, they really did the bare minimum for Dragon Quest day. Let's hope a trailer will be in next month's Direct or something.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more surprised it isn't cross gen if it's working on a Switch. Would help Japan at least.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
DQ 1 & 2 combined are still smaller & simpler than DQ3 alone, so they'd be awesome bonuses, but the idea of them releasing the first three games as a trilogy isn't unheard of, especially since the three games are all connected.

I'm excited if that's the case as DQ3 is an excellent game and I have a lot of nostalgia for DQ2. And if they kept going, a DQ4-6 remake trilogy would be amazing.

Not to mention that this has a Japan-heavy sales tilt - and for some reason, there's no PS4 version this time around.

PS4 is over a decade old. At some point, companies are going to stop supporting it (unless those rumors of a PS4P have any truth to them).

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
I agree, it's probably the trilogy, since 1 and 2 are pretty short as JRPGs go anyway.

Was thinking of making my next DQ game either 6 or this if it hopefully comes out this year (Which I have a hunch it will since Fall seems very sparse and this has been worked on for a while now.)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, there's a trilogy theory? That's crazy and also will need to think what to play with first!

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Trilogy remake would be amazing.
Honestly, im just happy we'ee getting infos. Its been so long.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm fully buying the trilogy theory. I used to think people were reading too much into Horii's word but the way they're teasing this with only a DQ logo and "The legend of Erdrick", I am now convinced.

It's gonna be so great.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Cross-gen only matters if it's not on the Switch. I am confident in saying that at this point there is almost no one in Japan who will choose to buy this on the PS4 rather than the Switch.

DQX Offline still sold 92k on PS4 and 53k on PS5 between 2022 and 2023. Recent multiplatform releases on Sony platforms showed that PS4 install base is still active (e.g., Infinite Wealth sold at retail 45% on PS4). Franchises that got a sizable presence on PS4 could still do well there without cannibalizing Switch sales.

Mephissto

Mar 8, 2024
I am not too big on DQ but I like the HD-2D artstyle so I will get it day 1. Also to help SE through their struggling times ;P

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely seems like this has expanded to be more than a remake of only DQ3, what with it only having the Dragon Quest logo rather than the logo for DQ3 specifically.

Excited to see it soon.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't DQ3 a prequel? The first one in terms of timeline?

If so, it would make sense the subtitle "The quest begins"

Anywya, DQXIS was the first (and only to be honest) DQ game I played and one of the best JRPGS ever in my opinion.

Unfortunately no main DQ are available for PC :| and the spinoffs that are don't seem very good.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
DQX Offline still sold 92k on PS4 and 53k on PS5 between 2022 and 2023. Recent multiplatform releases on Sony platforms showed that PS4 install base is still active (e.g., Infinite Wealth sold at retail 45% on PS4). Franchises that got a sizable presence on PS4 could still do well there without cannibalizing Switch sales.
DQX Offline was 2 years ago. I don't see any evidence of that sort of pattern since PS5s became readily available. Infinite Wealth isn't on Switch.

A recent examples would have been Eiyuden. I believe it launched on Switch, PS4, and PS5. Both Switch and PS5 charted but I don't think we ever saw PS4 sales even appear. Correct me if I'm wrong.

syncyes

Oct 27, 2017
Would be super cool if this was really the full trilogy, though I've played I and II via SNES remakes and only haven't played III (been saving my first full playthrough for this remake ever since it was first announced...)

Isn't DQ3 a prequel? The first one in terms of timeline?

If so, it would make sense the subtitle "The quest begins"

Anywya, DQXIS was the first (and only to be honest) DQ game I played and one of the best JRPGS ever in my opinion.

Unfortunately no main DQ are available for PC :| and the spinoffs that are don't seem very good.

Builders 1 and 2 are both available on Steam and are excellent! Though ironically, Builders 1 in particular would be more enjoyable after playing DQI since it is very referential to DQI.

Tamaa

May 16, 2021
Was Dragon Quest III that popular ? I always wondered why they didn't remaster DQ V instead