Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've only played the Switch version, and seeing this in 4K60 on my TV and PC is crispy and smooth as hell. I'm only like 15 hours into the switch version and I might pick this up instead. It's so smooth lol.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Microsoft Store app asked you where you want to download stuff. It's super inconsistent, for some games it asks you, for others it downloads them in what you selected as the default location, for other (like for this, in my case) it just downloads it to disk C:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Blurry graphics but 60 FPS.

CxjXWLx.gif

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when they do this.

The WiiU version of Monster Hunter 3U is based on 3DS version graphics, as opposed to the Wii original version.....

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Playing the PS4 release was such a wonderful experience, it honestly feels like a SNES/PS1 RPG made for current gen in the best way possible. Very tempted to dive back in thanks to it being on Game Pass.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I basically have 1 dungeon left on my switch version... I just need to power through and not buy this a third time.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks a lot worse than I remember it looking on pc but performance is also a lot better.
At 1440p on my pc the base version of the game would drop below 60 in the open world pretty frequently whereas the S version hasn't gone below 75 or so and averages at like 90. In the first big town the S version averages about 100 for me compared to the base version which would be more like 70 or so I think.

(edit) yeah S performance is definitley a lot better. just booted up the base version of the game and it was running at low to mid 60's mostly in heliodor and went to under 55fps in the open world from time to time. I'd say there's a massive performance increase in the S version which I guess is to be expected.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yep, it's just the Switch version with a few settings actually!

1440p/130fps in the first area on a 3080, this game is really great and a great introduction to JRPG's so give it a go! 10 hours should be enough to let you know whether you'd enjoy it or not

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I'm slightly tempted but I remember how I ran out of steam in the last ~15 hours to platinum. The 3rd time through the world was a bit unwelcome.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The original PC release was so good looking despite the weird ghosting AA it used. That AA method seemed to be used in FFVII Remake as well since I noticed a lot of ghosting in that too.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
As cool as someone with no voice and no display of emotions can be.
Sorry but you won't get an agree out of me on this one. I'm actually quite fond of the classic JRPG style MC.

I prefer protagonists that are more of a blank slate/someone that feels more like an avatar. Bonus points for lots of dialog choices if a game has em.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I really hope the full game has keyboard/mouse prompts for buttons and stuff, I'm pretty sure the "non-definitive" edition had that? Really bummed me out to see controller prompts when I don't have one plugged in :(

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Anyone download this on PS4 yet and got the details for those of us at work? =)

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The eternal curse of no definitive edition. Just like Dragon Quest 3, 4, 8

Meh. DQ8 PS2 is the definitive edition. The 3DS version is ugly and most of the extra content drags the game backwards. At the least it should have been rebalanced after a certain point because the new characters are stupidly powerful (and certain changes made Jessica even more of a god than before). I feel this last point is pretty significant because DQ8 is by far the best balanced game in the series (and even genre arguably).

I think the only QOL that I approved of and enjoyed was being able to bank your skill points. Even the always instant alchemy pot takes the fun out. It starts becoming a real chore instead of a background mechanic.

Last edited:
I hate when they do this.

The WiiU version of Monster Hunter 3U is based on 3DS version graphics, as opposed to the Wii original version.....
It's literally a port of the 3DS game, but that at least did boast some key improvements on not only the Wii game with the (mostly) proper shadows, but they also improved the texture detail on the monsters as well that put it well out of what was possible on the 3DS.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone download this on PS4 yet and got the details for those of us at work? =)

Same.

I am interested in hearing how the new PS4 version compares with the Switch version. I've heard several indicate how it looks 'terrible' to the PC, but I expect that. The only one I've seen so far is playing the demo on the Switch, so really interesting to see how the PS4 one compares to it.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Sorry but you won't get an agree out of me on this one. I'm actually quite fond of the classic JRPG style MC.

I prefer protagonists that are more of a blank slate/someone that feels more like an avatar. Bonus points for lots of dialog choices if a game has em.
No bonus points for DQ then, you literally can't say no.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Same.

I am interested in hearing how it compares with the Switch version. I've heard several indicate how it looks 'terrible' to the PC, but I expect that. The only one I've seen so far is playing the demo on the Switch, so really interesting to see how the PS4 one compares to it.

Yeah I'm seriously fine with the Switch's version graphics as long as it's no longer a jagged mess and hopefully running at 60 FPS

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Played some of the intro, yup its DQ11. Will wait until I get Series X before playing any new games

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that the series x versions runs at 60 fps

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Disagree heavily. Witcher 3 and Mass Effect is what JRPG should be copying. Voice it all. How do you hire a voice actor to give grunts but don't have him say dialogue choices!? It's stupid and dumb. And yes, I'm making a Persona thread on how a silent protag in Persona is so dumb it's not even funny anymore.

Silent protags in JRPGs really only work for DBZ: Xenoverse. The only game where I wasn't that mad the protag didn't say anything.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm seriously fine with the Switch's version graphics as long as it's no longer a jagged mess and hopefully running at 60 FPS

I was fine with the Switch version. But am really curious how much difference there is with the ported PS4 version. Any kind of improvement would be good to still see.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad that 2D mode and All languages but English are once again missing from the Demo. :(