dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
AYYYOOOO that is awesome news! For PC users, I hope they got some caps for stability on console. I think the framepacing is the most important right?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the Digital Foundry coverage of this one.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Probably extra important since it's shipping with DLSS3.0. Could be actually relevant. (EDIT: For PC of course - given the performance on PS5 it may not matter unless in Performance mode which maybe can then do 120hz on select TVs?)

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
This lines up with what I've counted in the recent footage and trailers. The "30fps" thing was intentional misinformation.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
What a terrible decision. I hope that means there's an in-game option to lock the frame rate to 30, 40 and 60 on Consoles instead of just leaving it uncapped which from all the footage shown is clearly extremely unstable. I guess it also means there's no Performance VS Quality mode where you can lower render resolution (and potentially graphical settings) to achieve more stable frame rate

Still I'll be playing on PC and at least this indicates there won't be a frame rate lock there (Which with frame gen support confirmed was already assumed)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
i hope its like that for ps5 or at least a solid 60.

It's not going to be a "solid 60" on the consoles. The videos already showed the fluctuating frame rate, so it's going to go from 30ish up to 60. I said previously they were going to keep the tradition and make it perform similarly to the original on the 360 and PS3. And... 🤷‍♂️

Thank god for PC.

Performance mode for consoles?

They previously said there wouldn't be one I thought.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
The latest trailer which says captured on PS5 has an unlocked framerate, but it's not close to being a constant 60FPS at all
Mhm, it's 4kUncapped rather thank 4k30. The odds of there *not* being a 1080p60 or 1440p60 are really low imo.

As always, remember that like 9 games total across the ecosystems do not have a performance mode. DD2 could be the 10th, but I wouldn't jump the gun on that until the information's out.

I'm positive that this tweet is exclusively acting against the fake jamboree about it being capped at 30fps only.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
On PC or console? Or both?

The other RE games have an uncapped framerate option on PC so wouldn't expect anything else. On console, at least there's VRR now so it won't be another MHW situation.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
I sometimes wonder how developers are able to create these amazing games, yet they insist on unlocking the frame rate (without a toggle) when the game clearly cannot handle it. At least on consoles.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Expected for a modern Capcom game. Very annoying that there have been at least 2 other major PC releases this year (Kill the Justice League and Granblue) with an arbitrary framerate cap for no reason other than the devs forgot to add an "Unlimited" option to the dropdown.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Let. Us. Cap. The. Framerate.

30-43 FPS never feels good. Definitely holding off on the Series S version now until they cap it or by some miracle this game manages to stick close to 60fps on that machine.

I guess an uncapped framerate is better in the long run for futureproofing a game but I'm so sick of devs not giving console players the option to lock the framerate when their game clearly has no business with an unlocked framerate. It would be nice if every game had an advanced options menu on console by now. Instead of sticking us with no AF, unlocked 32 fps, etc.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
On console, at least there's VRR now so it won't be another MHW situation.

This doesn't work all that well if the games consistently drop below 48fps though, and I thought the game actually had to support VRR in the first place? Didn't think it simply worked with everything by default. Did they announce VRR with the console version?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I should be fine since my LG C3 has VRR, but that may not go over well for those without VRR-capable TVs/monitors.

Silver-lining, the game will be future-proofed for PS5 Pro.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
this is one of those games i'll get on console for now and then double dip for once i can upgrade my PC in 2-3 years

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be a "solid 60" on the consoles. The videos already showed the fluctuating frame rate, so it's going to go from 30ish up to 60. I said previously they were going to keep the tradition and make it perform similarly to the original on the 360 and PS3. And... 🤷‍♂️

DD1 was pretty much constantly under 30 on ps3 and quite often under 20.

struggler

Mar 2, 2022
Waiting for the DF video of Dragon's Dogma but I'm thinking that the Series X will be better just because of VRR

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it makes sense to wait for the PS5 Pro then. Which is great because DD2 is a $95 game in Canada. Fuck.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Not to doomer about it but to me that just sounds like it will run at a fairly erratic framerate, rather than a near locked 30 or 60. Worst of both worlds, surely

VRR doesn't kick in until like 48fps on PS I think

edit Yeah it will be good for PS5 Pro owners tho I suppose. Nier Automata had a similar thing between its base PS4 and Pro versions