• Total voters

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/2tudvzsrR56uom6smgOcSf?si=b2fd546928744fdf

RpYiLL7.png

We are so fucking back.

Whos side you on

4/5 Edit: J Cole responds J cole has since apologized, taken back this entire track and removed it from streaming. J Cole has forfeited the beef

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/2mhdhTWqT8RhkTlN2yWZZi?si=C7ORZWHySe2biJQjs1O1og&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A57wh3BpvUF2tmvwoGSjUe3

youtu.be

J. Cole - 7 Minute Drill (Lyrics)

J. Cole - 7 Minute DrillStream/Download: https://JCole.lnk.to/MightDeleteLater(Lyrics):[Intro]YeahTurn it upYeah, turn the vocal upUh[Chorus]Light work like ...

4/13 Edit: Drake's releases a diss track towards Kendrick, Future, Rick Ross, The Weeknd, Metro, & Others

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/3eh51r6rFWAlGQRlHx9QnQ?si=f7190cd6550046bd

4/13 Edit: Rick Ross responds to Drake's diss track

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/3pD67h2Hd1Jd1pMZFYVXHC?si=ag1TXWs0SeWbNlcPj_Dj-Q&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A2Nu6FUe5OFNFVDBtGPoR8E

4/20 Edit: Drake drops another diss track on Instagram, this time using AI to make himself sound like Tupac & Snoop Dogg to beg Kendrick to drop his record

www.youtube.com

Drake - Taylor Made Freestyle (Kendrick Lamar Diss) lyrics

Drake - Taylor Made Freestyle🔔 Don't forget to turn on notifications to stay updated with new lyric videos!#drake #kendricklamar #taylormadefreestyle #disst...

4/20 Edit: Kanye inserts himself into the beef and drops the "Like That" Remix featuring himself & a new Future verse. Includes shots to J. Cole & Drake

www.youtube.com

Ye - LIKE THAT REMIX

https://yeezy.com

4/30 Edit: Kendrick Lamar responds with "Euphoria"

www.youtube.com

euphoria

open.spotify.com

euphoria

Kendrick Lamar · Song · 2024

5/3 Edit: Kendrick Lamar drops another song on IG titled "6:16 in LA"

www.instagram.com

Kendrick Lamar on Instagram: "6:16 in LA"

162K likes, 7,100 comments - kendricklamar on May 3, 2024: "6:16 in LA".

www.youtube.com

Kendrick Lamar - 6:16 IN LA (Drake Diss) (Lyrics)

🎶 Kendrick Lamar - 6:16 IN LA (Drake Diss) (Lyrics)🔔 Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay updated with new uploads.👍🏽 Please leave a like and appr...

5/3 11PM Edit: Drake responds back to Kendrick with A double pack, "Family Matters" & another track untitled on IG

open.spotify.com

Family Matters

Drake · Song · 2024

www.instagram.com

champagnepapi on Instagram: "FAMILY MATTERS out on YouTube now Stop trying to piece together what I know and go pick up the pieces of your broken home"

384K likes, 97 comments - champagnepapi on May 3, 2024: "FAMILY MATTERS out on YouTube now Stop trying to piece together what I know and go pick up the pieces of your broken home".

5/4 12 am: KENDRICK REPLYS BACK WITH "MEET THE GRAHAMS"

open.spotify.com

meet the grahams

5/4 8PM: Kendrick drops ANOTHER diss track "Not Like Us"

youtu.be

Not Like Us

open.spotify.com

Not Like Us

5/5 9:20 PM: Drake releases "The Heart Part 6"

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nooo Kendrick, u smoke to tough, ur swag to dffenrent, ur btch tooo bad
They'll Kill You

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like much more of a Drake diss than a Cole diss, but I'm here for it.

Drake don't want the smoke. Cole has been on a whole nother level lately and I'd rather have a collab with Kendrick than a battle, but I'll take what I can get!

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Someone explain the diss!
if you want the genius annotation explanation

Kendrick disses both Drake and J. Cole, directly replying to the latter's line from their 2023 collab "First Person Shooter" off Drake's For All The Dogs where Cole raps:

Love when they argue the hardest MC
Is it K-Dot? Is it Aubrey? Or me?
We the big three like we started a league, but right now, I feel like Muhammad Ali

The three rappers are universally considered the greatest mainstream rappers of modern hip hop, i.e. "the big three" as dubbed by Cole. While Jermaine seemed to take a more friendly approach to the debate by collaborating with Drake, Kendrick rejects this civility altogether. In a sense, this is Kendrick standing firm on exactly what he said a little over a decade ago on 2015's "Control" by Big Sean where he famously declared:

I'm usually homeboys with the same niggas I'm rhymin' with
But this is hip-hop, and them niggas should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, […] Drake
I got love for you all, but I'm tryna murder you niggas

Kendrick lets both rappers know that their legacies will not outlive his, comparing his body of work to that of Prince, who outlived Michael Jackson by just under seven years. The two, while contemporaries of pop music for the better part of two decades, had a well-documented beef the spanned into the public sphere, just as Kendrick is now doing with his two fellow MCs. This also directly responds to Drake's boast in "First Person Shooter" where he compares his commercial success to Michael Jackson:

What the fuck, bro? I'm one away from Michael
Nigga, beat it, nigga, beat it, what?

There are notable parallels between the two beefs, which Kendrick may very well be invoking: Kendrick and Prince have been generally acknowledged to have deeper artistic values in what they produce, albeit a step below their contemporaries in popularity while Drake and Michael Jackson have been two of the biggest pop stars in each of their respective eras. Kendrick gave praise to Prince in the past, saying that he shared a recording session with the singer to get him on his 2015 song "Complexion (A Zulu Love)" before time got away from them and a collaboration could not be finished.

Finally, Kendrick makes one last call out to the duo by calling them "dogs" that will end up being buried in the Pet Sematary, the title of a 1983 best-selling novel from horror writer Stephen King. Making further wordplay, Dot compares his ammo to that of a "K," or an AK-47, which is a much more high-powered weapon than the "9" that Drake and Cole have, which is most likely a 9mm pistol, while also stringing the two guns together in the line to form "canine," an alternate term for dogs derived from their Latin name.

While Drake and Kendrick and associates have been trading subtle shots at each other for years, it's interesting that Lamar has brought Cole into this as well, as the two have generally got along publicly, even teasing an album together in the fall of 2015 by rapping over each other's beats on Black Friday.

It should also be noted how Kendrick chose to go after Drake on a song with Metro Boomin and Future, as the latter is a prolific collaborators with Drake. While it's unknown if Future and Drake have active beef, Metro Boomin and Drake have been suspected to have disdain for each other in private.

Interestingly, Drake and Cole were on tour together promoting the former's For All The Dogs on the It's All A Blur Tour – Big As The What? at the time of the song's release.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
About fucking time. Major label rap is in a fucking dire a place* and we need people to get some actual ego and pride in their raps as opposed to intentionally padded for maximum spotify streamage albums. Lets start the (non-violent) bloodsport!

View: https://youtu.be/Gjo-iD9XTEs?si=AhFyN_kq1N3bxOEw

*that said outside of major label releases hip-hop is in the best place creatively ever, including the 90's.

Anything that involves Drake is probably a work

Maybe Cole, but Drake x Kendrick…they've been throwing subliminals at each other for approaching a decade now. Including Drake saying he would be a better conscious rapper (lol).

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Drake didn't even want smoke from Megan and had Nicki shielding him.

Can't imagine he does much better against Kendrick. Now Cole on the other hand, we haven't seen him in a real beef yet.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if you want the genius annotation explanation

Ya know, usually I'm on Kendrick's side when it comes to these things, but as of right now I feel like J. Cole has been the better artist lately. Kendrick's last project was really good, but didn't really do anything to move the needle commercially or artistically imo & what has he really done lately besides continue to test out new flows with his cousin & feed him a couple tracks? I'll always love the dude but I feel like you can't really boast THAT much if you haven't been active on the scene for a while.

Jul 18, 2018
...but didn't really do anything to move the needle commercially or artistically imo ...

"Modern icon Kendrick Lamar has been named the first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize for Music, earning the honor for the outstanding quality of his 2017 release, DAMN.
Lamar is the first non-jazz, non-classic artist to ever win the prize for music, setting a new precedent for contemporary music to be considered for the prestigious prize. In fact, in its entire history, the Pulitzer for music has largely been a classical composers' affair, with acclaimed avant-garde jazz artist Ornette Coleman the only other non-classical musician to earn the award for a contemporary work — though several citations have been given to non-classical artists like Duke Ellington for their bodies of work in the decades following its original release."

He moved the needle, it's the artists that have trouble to make something to back up the needle

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
what is the origin of all of this?

Drake was butt hurt over Kendrick's control verse so he and Kendrick been jabbing at each other ever since.

FPS came out and Cole gives Kendrick flowers on the track, but it's sorta awkward given Kendrick and Drake tensions. Also, Cole has been absolutely murdering every feature he's been on over the last few years, so people have been saying he's taken the crown from Kendrick in terms of competition.

So this is Kendrick saying I'm still THAT dude, while going hard at Drake.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Modern icon Kendrick Lamar has been named the first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize for Music, earning the honor for the outstanding quality of his 2017 release, DAMN.
Lamar is the first non-jazz, non-classic artist to ever win the prize for music, setting a new precedent for contemporary music to be considered for the prestigious prize. In fact, in its entire history, the Pulitzer for music has largely been a classical composers' affair, with acclaimed avant-garde jazz artist Ornette Coleman the only other non-classical musician to earn the award for a contemporary work — though several citations have been given to non-classical artists like Duke Ellington for their bodies of work in the decades following its original release."

He moved the needle, it's the artists that have trouble to make something to back up the needle

I was referring to the Big Steppers, not DAMN. - album was good but didn't really feel like it left the same sort of impact that DAMN. did. Again, I'm not trying to claim Kendrick isn't one of the best to do it - he's still my favorite of the three but I'd like to see more output to back up the talk. A top tier athlete can only coast on the championship title they won a few years ago for so long before people start to wonder if they're still really the top dawg.

I need you to do more than drop a single verse or two every few years if you're gonna be bragging about still being the best. I would love to see Kendrick go on the same run Cole has been on the past few years - just an unprecedented run of amazing guest feature after amazing guest feature.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
J cole tryna sneak himself and Drake into the big 3 convo was always hilarous.

J. Cole absolutely is in the big 3 conversation - what kinda take is this? lol

All of his commercial releases have peaked at #1 on the charts, he has had quite an insane feature run over the past 2-3 years, his own festival, a commercially successful record label, and moves the needle both commercially and artistically. To say he's not part of the "big 3" just isn't true.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean cool that competition is getting fired up again in rap but this shit is just friendly jabs lol.

There is no way this gets a grimy as the Push feud and if Cole and Drake respond it'll be on a song featuring Kendrick too I bet lmao. These dudes don't wanna actually go at eachother and don't have a real reason to.

Why don't someone take this energy at Kanye's goofy ass instead of beefing over who's the biggest of a not currently that great scene? 🤣

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Metro shouldn't be throwing stones at anyone. Kendrick showing up feels like he ran around the corner to get his big brother because he knew he was about to get his ass kicked.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
even if it's a bit of a show, i'm here for it. let's get a bunch of diss tracks from j cole V kendrick

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
*This gon b good.gif*

Well if it's Drake…meh; dude tries to beef with someone every now and then to stay relevant…

But J Cole tho!? Shit some good bars could come out of this!!!

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
guess some new albums coming out soon

i'm here for it

Edit: the song is kinda weak

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Big 3 is always Drake, Kendrick and Cole. It's been that way since the GKMC days. It's been going for years so for this to happen is cool. I'm sure it's all just rap stuff as in hey nothing serious but we rappers so we gon rap. That'll be fun to see.

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
Even as a fan of Kendrick and absolutely not a fan of Drake, this was nice but wasn't much more than that.

It's clearly a rebuttal to First Person Shooter with Kendrick making it clear this isn't a 3 way crown, so I don't sense the need for a reply from either J Cole or Drake

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Prince/Michael Jackson line into the "For All the Dogs" flip and punchline was insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Who's in the top 3 if not Drake Cole and Kdot? These the only 3 that have the mainstream success while also dropping projects with actual lyrical substance.(Drake not as much now) But the past decade it's been them for their generation.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's some decent jabs, Metro did that sample an injustice with that beat though. Not really feeling the track as a whole.

Metro also isn't a fan of Cole, not personal beef I don't think but there's Metro tweets shitting all over Cole's music lmao.

I've grown to like Cole a lot more the last few years, a lot of his music doesn't land that hard for me but his features lately have been incredible.