• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Song of the beef?

• Like That

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Push Ups

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Euphoria

Votes: 170 36.5%
  • Family Matters

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Meet The Grahams

Votes: 93 20.0%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 169 36.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 1.9%

• Total voters

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Beef is okay as long they dont go crazy with the personal stuff. As of now its still entertaining and all of them can somewhat benefit from it, once they start involving family member and crazy accusations ill probably be done with it as well, because its gonna spill to some street shit.

Dont know about that Rocky delivery and even that bar on WSDTY was weak. Even if he wanted i dont think he could make a good diss record in 2024, he isnt that type of artist lol.

???

Rocky is basically nothing but delivery. He aint got an amazing lyrical pen. His strength has always been in his rhyme schemes and how he delivers bars.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Hip hop has always had a competitive element, and pop culture has always tended to have a high amount of visibility for the gossip and beef stuff. This isn't a new phenomenon nor is this really a figment of just black culture. There's been a lot of positive news in hip-hop - but yeah, that's not going to drive views, clicks, and reactions like stuff like this.

I don't think it's anything to be overtly concerned about, honestly.

Yup, and none were serious or even that personal outside of artistic issues except for the Minaj situation and she's had it coming (she's been throwing shots just to boost record sales) and for a real ass issue of sexual assault and harassment which should be a bigger issue tbh but her fanbase is concrete.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
???

Rocky is basically nothing but delivery. He aint got an amazing lyrical pen. His strength has always been in his rhyme schemes and how he delivers bars.
lol...you liked his verse on the Metro album ?
I said Rocky in 2024, im not putting my money on him in any kind of beef, he isnt the artist for this type of stuff.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
Is Rick Ross catching shots just for having a verse on the Future & Metro joint? I feel like Drake had some particularly vicious bars for him lmao.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
It's good. Drake punched back and now we wait. Ross got it the worst on the song though.

Is Rick Ross catching shots just for having a verse on the Future & Metro joint? I feel like Drake had some particularly vicious bars for him lmao.

Ross unfollowed Drake on IG. Drake then invited Ross's Ex GF to his concert. Then Ross posted stories listening to Like That on IG.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
It's not a bad song (much better than 7 Minute Drill) but the parts directed at Kendrick are the weakest, and it does make me wonder if he can even muster up more. He's short, like Drake he also writes reference tracks for other artists, and like Drake he might be a in shitty deal (y'know, the exact pressure point Pusha pushed). Okay.

I think Drake's biggest advantage here is his willingness to get sleazy, which I think Kendrick lacks, but maybe he doesn't have the material to take that approach. Instead he framed it as everyone teaming up to take him down (when in truth he's been firing subliminals at everyone and their mother for years) to lower the pressure on what each specific artist gets, which is smart I suppose but won't work if Kendrick keeps going.

edit: lol exactly like Craig says –

View: https://x.com/craigsj/status/1779227808004186311

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
It's good. Drake punched back and now we wait. Ross got it the worst on the song though.

Ross unfollowed Drake on IG. Drake then invited Ross's Ex GF to his concert. Then Ross posted stories listening to Like That on IG.

Wild that Drake took that high school drama personally enough to drop that Diddy bar (even though it's "censored").

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
lol...you liked his verse on the Metro album ?
I said Rocky in 2024, im not putting my money on him in any kind of beef, he isnt the artist for this type of stuff.
I didn't say his verse was amazing. I'm saying he's a delivery rapper and always has been.

And Rocky has perfectly fit for 2024 verses. Aint like mans is melly mel.

I don't expect Rocky to come with some mind blowing double, but he's probably the man with the most ammo (of what we know) and all he 'd need to do is come with one of his proper flows to get a diss off.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Are they really vicious ? Seems like mostly being facts.

- he turning 50 and jumping into this beef for no apparent(?) reason
- biggest billboard hits feature drake
- he should probably should worry about what he had going on with Diddy

Ross x Drake have delivered classics for like a decade so this is a bit weird.
It's everyone picking sides and seems like Drake is on a island by himself.

"Everyone" the game is a big bigger than that lol.
I didn't say his verse was amazing. I'm saying he's a delivery rapper and always has been.

And Rocky has perfectly fit for 2024 verses. Aint like mans is melly mel.

I don't expect Rocky to come with some mind blowing double, but he's probably the man with the most ammo (of what we know) and all he 'd need to do is come with one of his proper flows to get a diss off.
Fair point, just personally i dont think thats what Rocky fans are looking forward to after Testing.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Drake came with a track that was about what I expected, so now I'm most curious about Kendrick's angle. It's not hard to get ammo on Drake, but he's been wanting this for so long I have to imagine there's something deeper he wants to get off his chest. Will we get a cool, collected takedown or something more fiery like a DNA/Blacker the Berry. I have my own ideas but KDot is always on some other shit.

What does make some drums mean exactly?

Metro is a producer. Producers program drums when they make beats. He's just telling him to stick to making beats.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
Yeah, the mastered version goes. But it sounds like he had a change of heart and took out the Diddy shot at Ross? Interesting.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
it's a good response if real. Kendrick has a lot more to work with though so if he responds I expect it to be way messier.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed and mastered final version leaked

It sounds SO much better

Alt link:

krakenfiles.com

PUSH UPS FINAL VERSION.mp3

Download PUSH UPS FINAL VERSION.mp3 for free from KrakenFiles.com

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Hip hop has always had a competitive element, and pop culture has always tended to have a high amount of visibility for the gossip and beef stuff. This isn't a new phenomenon nor is this really a figment of just black culture. There's been a lot of positive news in hip-hop - but yeah, that's not going to drive views, clicks, and reactions like stuff like this.

I don't think it's anything to be overtly concerned about, honestly.
But it's been spotlighted and overhyped this year. And it's only with Black people beef that this attention is going to. That's my issue with this.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
21 Savage gotta put his iPhone on Do Not Disturb, his twin beefing with the producer he came up with smh

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
it's a good response if real. Kendrick has a lot more to work with though so if he responds I expect it to be way messier.
Both are baiting, i assume Drake has something he can only drop if Kendrick actually goes there.
But it's been spotlighted and overhyped this year. And it's only with Black people beef that this attention is going to. That's my issue with this.
I agree with this but its mostly about the genre rap and not black people general.
I dont fw all the time because you just often see people gas up the black artists to hit below the belt, wishing for things to get messier and then blame us and the culture once it gets violent.

The artists in this beef are big enough for it not get too crazy. Though if kendrick drops pedo lines etc. i think its gonna get dark really fast.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I've been kinda down on Drake's last few projects, but on first listen… pretty good! Just the right level of escalation, hope we get a few back and forths out of this

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the mixed version is way better. It's a good track. Feels like he took the Takeover approach. Look forward to Kendrick's response. This wasn't insane but it's in between what Charged Up and Back 2 Back was.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the mixed version is way better. It's a good track. Feels like he took the Takeover approach. Look forward to Kendrick's response. This wasn't insane but it's in between what Charged Up and Back 2 Back was.
Both of them are playing the waiting on game on who is ready to drop the first official dedicated track to the other - no verses on other people track or leaks.

So yeah we are still waiting on the actual "diss tracks" - this is all just the warm up.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Both of them are playing the waiting on game on who is ready to drop the first official dedicated track to the other - no verses on other people track or leaks.

So yeah we are still waiting on the actual "diss tracks" - this is all just the warm up.
No this is a disstrack, it's not part of any album or whatever. And more than Half of it is directed to Kendrick. The only thing missing is the namedrop

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
No this is a disstrack, it's not part of any album or whatever. And more than Half of it is directed to Kendrick. The only thing missing is the namedrop
Its a diss track but not the "diss track" - you know Hov was talking slick about Nas before Ether dropped as well ?
Fully dedicated official track to that one opponent is what people are waiting on, what is happening now is just the pre drink phase.

Still a diss, still dope imo - but its not gonna be relevant when shit really pops off.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Its a diss track but not the "diss track" - you know Hov was talking slick about Nas before Ether dropped as well ?
Fully dedicated official track to that one opponent is what people are waiting on, what is happening now is just the pre drink phase.

Still a diss, still dope imo - but its not gonna be relevant when shit really pops off.
Yeah ok, it's clear he's teasing a full Kendrick diss track at the end if he "drops"

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm all in for drake, everybody just mad he's at the top of the game.

And any talk about asap rocky is like wtf??? That dude is so washed right now it's unbelievable.

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
Duppy Freestyle was definitely the better diss but this Drake "leak" was good from an energy standpoint.

I have a feeling Kendrick will come with even more energy and actual dirt on Drake, since it feels like he's been salivating for this opportunity for about a decade now

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
drake killed it. Did exactly what I was expecting. I feel like the real nuclear diss will be after kendricks reply. This is the Charged Up phase.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Duppy Freestyle was definitely the better diss but this Drake "leak" was good from an energy standpoint.

I have a feeling Kendrick will come with even more energy and actual dirt on Drake, since it feels like he's been salivating for this opportunity for about a decade now
problem did he wait too long since Pusha already dropped the big tea..? or there's worst than that on Drake

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...this track might actually be harder than i initially thought lol. If this really is only his charged up, this could be entertaining.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
I have the link for CDQ final version with the new beat for anyone interested.