Oct 25, 2017
I shared this on reddit earlier, but wanted to drop it in here as well. I've got a ton more than what I'm showing below (several other characters done, interior and exterior environments nearly complete). I was honestly planning on holding it all back until I finished the game, but kinda feel like I might miss out a bit on the zeitgeist of the early release hype. Not to mention with all the animation left for me to do, it's still got months to bake in the oven.

x5zt8ajuzwh41.jpg
Oooh, very nice.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm cooking up some heat for the upcoming community jam. A few more days and it'll be ready for submission. Ahhhh

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
HOLY SHIET.

I had avoided the Galaxy Cadet 2020 because I thought it was just a simple recreation of Galaga. But jesus christ, I did NOT expected that. If someone hasn't played it yet, go and check it.

indreams.me

GALAXY CADET 2020

Why don't you sit down and play a nice video game? Music by @Phreakerz

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Does anyone know if the assets are in game to build a homespace to look like your cardboard ship from LittleBigPlanet?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
man - just played Pip Gemwalker, Ballworld and Ommy Kart

wtf

Even the Sonic Adventure game is just way, waaaay better than it has any right to be

Sep 7, 2018
Playing this Silent Hills Dream right now and I'm astounded at how someone made this shit in a few days, but if the stuff from early access carried over I can see it. I'm also surprised to see that you can put in voice acting. I wonder how that works.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I shared this on reddit earlier, but wanted to drop it in here as well. I've got a ton more than what I'm showing below (several other characters done, interior and exterior environments nearly complete). I was honestly planning on holding it all back until I finished the game, but kinda feel like I might miss out a bit on the zeitgeist of the early release hype. Not to mention with all the animation left for me to do, it's still got months to bake in the oven.

x5zt8ajuzwh41.jpg
this rules

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017

Oh wow, this was my Hail Mary 'I'm sure this'll never happen, but here's hoping' wish for someone to make!

I was watching someone's YT compilation of arcade games made in Dreams, and it hit me how this is going to become an unbelievable retro repository. Fuck me, what a thing.

Edit; I also had a query about logging into indreams.me from mobile. The 'Sign In' button just takes me to the new player page, offering ways to buy the game. Is there a certain point I need to get to from within the game in order for this to work?

I access PSN fine from this device. Tried clearing cache anyway but it made no difference. Maybe I need to access it via desktop browser first? IDK ...

Last edited:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it on a whim.

I have zero artistic ability and game design knowledge.

What could go wrong?

I'm pretty much the same (a writer/creative, but no artistic ability).

Please keep me posted on your experiences with this. I'm very curious about it but have always found in-game tools for building/creating stuff to be cumbersome and ridiculously time consuming.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Bought it on a whim.

I have zero artistic ability and game design knowledge.

What could go wrong?
Nothing. Just faff about and have fun. Just smeering and colouring in shapes is therapeutic in itself. Also taking an empty environment, and just throwing lots of random assets together. Shrek, Sonic, Mario, and a trampoline make for good times.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Move controllers are back on Amazon UK for like £70 back order for the 7th March, if anyone has been looking for them.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
According to the Dreams website, i spent 12 hours on it since i bought it on saturday. I haven't played any game yet, just checking out the audio-visual category mostly. I still have a few audio-visuals in my queue but i think i'll check out the campaign now and then jump into a few user created games.

On the audio-visual side, i think the creations from Bracord impress me the most so far.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah ok I think I'm buying this tonight :)
Didn't know about the inDreams site, how does it work, can I browse the site and select stuff to be added to my ingame "inventory"?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's playable.

indreams.me

Comic Sands

Comic Sands is a surreal odyssey through different dimensions, in which you'll literally evolve from 2D to 3D. Made during the 2018 Train Jam, as we travelled across America from Chicago to San Francisco.

This one I think was done on a train jam? So a few of the devs working together but in a short space of time. They've unpicked it a bit on previous streams showing how some of the camera stuff works.

This is the kind of dream I wish they'd release as remixable so we can dig around a bit

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
www.youtube.com

Dreams PS4 - Horse Animation Study pt5

All horses and animations created in Dreams on the PS4 by MonocledRobot from the reference book 'The Animator's Survival Kit' by Richard Williams.The origina...

Did not know you could do cel shading in this game

That looks great.

Lots of well animated chars, animals etc are very important. People can use them for their projects and that will be good for the overall quality of many Dreams.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I spent part of the other night creating a large collection of high quality vehicles, from sports cars to sci fi stuff and even a very lovely looking low poly art Starfox ship.

Some folks were asking ahout detailed cars, so I'll publish the collection soon after I've furrher organized the layout of said collection :)

Looks like '''meme''' stuff is starting to seep in

https://indreams.me/dream/mTQDEQcNSzW
I actually have a collection started of my favorite memes remade in Dreams lol. Maybe I'll publish it, though some of them arent the best quality... maybe i can divide it up visually.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I have my old move's and camera from ps3 days laying around, maybe I'll give it a try. the game has been raising my interest more and more....
You need the stereoscopic PS4 camera to use the Move wands on a PS4.

if anyone sees themselves getting into Dreams VR creation / play might be better to spring for a bundle. Especially when the bundles go on sale; you can get the Moves, camera, and headset for as low as $200 (usually with games, too!)

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had moves, I'd learn to use them just because rescaling/adjusting soft blend/looseness seems so much easier it's not even funny. Unfortunately €80 + whatever the camera costs is too rich for my blood for one game (on a console I'm going to replace once the ps5 hits). Really hoping Media Molecule throws us ds4 users a bone and somehow finds a way to enable rescaling using the left+right stick without having to go into a menu. Like I wish I could hold like L1+R1 in sculpt mode and basically use the left stick to adjust scale vertically and horizontally and the right stick to adjust the depth of a primitive. I personally really don't enjoy hunting for the pixel where my arrow will turn into the direction I want to scale in.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Move just has better shortcuts to do things

But ds4 is still good If you love building on a grid.

But still a good investment on it.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Move controllers are back on Amazon UK for like £70 back order for the 7th March, if anyone has been looking for them.
You just cost me £70 ...

Thanks though sincerely; I've been circling sadly around eBay and wondering whether £90 for 'sort of new-ish' is really my sweet spot ...

I also had a query about logging into indreams.me from mobile. The 'Sign In' button just takes me to the new player page, offering ways to buy the game. Is there a certain point I need to get to from within the game in order for this to work?

I access PSN fine from this device. Tried clearing cache anyway but it made no difference. Maybe I need to access it via desktop browser first? IDK ...

And to answer my own question from this morning: I've just realised this is because so far I've only used Dreams on my girlfriend's PS4 account rather than my own ^^;

Last edited: