Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching it and it isn't for me. I have a digital code for $30 if anyone interested.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any good tutorials on music creation? My beats stink lol

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Can someone recommend a good tutorial about creating a custom character (sculpting/animating/controls), preferably one that's easy to understand like the official ingame tutorials?
Getting more and more comfortable with sculpting and logic, but whenever I try creating a character I fall flat on my face.
And I'm not even trying to create something elaborate or something, just a simple shape with legs and simple controls.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone recommend a good tutorial about creating a custom character (sculpting/animating/controls), preferably one that's easy to understand like the official ingame tutorials?
Getting more and more comfortable with sculpting and logic, but whenever I try creating a character I fall flat on my face.
And I'm not even trying to create something elaborate or something, just a simple shape with legs and simple controls.

if you want something that looks like a puppet but with your own 'bits' - the easiest way is probably to either
1) sculpt the body parts separately, then while holding each one, scope in to the puppet while focused on the relevant standard part until you get to the level of the original sculpt. That'll 'stick' your sculpt to the original
2) scope in as above and sculpt directly on each body part

By using the standard puppet you'll have controls automatically and first step can be tweaking the sliders to adjust how it feels to move around

animation - check this weeks Tuesday Mm stream which talks about animation including puppet animation, idle animatjons

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

For animating these two are the easier to follow I've found.

The second one tackles a bit on preferred ways to create a characer.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
if you want something that looks like a puppet but with your own 'bits' - the easiest way is probably to either
1) sculpt the body parts separately, then while holding each one, scope in to the puppet while focused on the relevant standard part until you get to the level of the original sculpt. That'll 'stick' your sculpt to the original
2) scope in as above and sculpt directly on each body part

By using the standard puppet you'll have controls automatically and first step can be tweaking the sliders to adjust how it feels to move around

animation - check this weeks Tuesday Mm stream which talks about animation including puppet animation, idle animatjons

The character I'm trying to make is just a simple shape with legs, imagine a Tic Tac with small legs, no other bodyparts or limbs. Would that work as well? Can I just delete the parts I don't need and only use parts I do need?

For animating these two are the easier to follow I've found.

Much appreciated! I'll check these out.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to attach a gun permanently to both hands of a puppet or do I need to adjust both arms separately?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The character I'm trying to make is just a simple shape with legs, imagine a Tic Tac with small legs, no other bodyparts or limbs. Would that work as well? Can I just delete the parts I don't need and only use parts I do need?

Much appreciated! I'll check these out.

have a play - I think you can scope in and delete what you don't need. Or alternatively try scoping in and turning the bits you don't need invisible and not collidable. Not tried either so try the Deleting first and see how it behaves

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish you could just view every single stage you play entirely in edit mode. I want to properly see what people are doing and how they're doing it.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i would recommend pieceofcraft for those interested in animation. i would check out his past streams on twitch for ideas. he should be streaming 5 days a week now. he mentioned it yesterday.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Dreams have people doing team announcement.

deejay8595

Oct 30, 2017
Cool game here.

indreams.me

Vottaguan

Ive released a brand new version of this, with vastly improved ship conrol, better audio, new weapons, better artwork, and much more, just visit my page

Nov 2, 2018
If anyone wanted to see the second part of our play through of Damned, the creator has locked skills until you progress in the story which is pretty clever:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Damned is a great game, I've only played a bit but it felt like a classic PS1 game :)

Played through Art's Dream, the finale is great stuff. The struggle of self-doubt felt real to me, it's great when games explore that stuff.

Little bit more confident with sculpting, but I'm far from there yet. Still it's better than I was yesterday.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game but feel like the controls are a bit finnicky in general in dreamscaping. Tried Move controllers, dualshock motion, and sticks and it all feels weird.

Maybe the Move setup will be better when PSVR support comes in.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game but feel like the controls are a bit finnicky in general in dreamscaping. Tried Move controllers, dualshock motion, and sticks and it all feels weird.

Maybe the Move setup will be better when PSVR support comes in.
have you adjusted the sensitivity and camera speed in preference? how long did you use each for?

Everyone search Sideway in dreamsurfing if you want a puzzle game.
they turned off their profile so i can't get a link.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to turn off lighting effects in edit mode? Im trying to edit the insides of a "castle" but its pitch black in there, and I keep having to add light just to see in there while editing which seems veeeeeery inefficent

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to turn off lighting effects in edit mode? Im trying to edit the insides of a "castle" but its pitch black in there, and I keep having to add light just to see in there while editing which seems veeeeeery inefficent
There's an option to use studio lighting in the view menu.

EDIT: Actually, it's in the guides menu. ( Push square > grid icon> studio light icon)

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to make a remix or my own element the original? I used the remix button to tryout different versions of my character, and then later saved the group as a new element. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of interdependent files can't delete without deleting everything.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think this was posted but its a timelapse of Dragon's Penance Logo being made.

you can see the old tease the did awhile back

indreams.me

Demon's Penance Teaser

This is a poster for upcoming game on which I'll be working in Dreams after the release.<br>Thank you Mm for the opportunity to be a part of this great community.<br>In this piece we used music "Absent" by MetroTactics. Many thanks for sharing it!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My backlog is getting no love due to dreams. I can't stop thinking about it and what I need to make for my project. I can't wait until I've got all the core systems down so I can start building a full stage.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
i don't think this was posted but its a timelapse of Dragon's Penance Logo being made.

you can see the old tease the did awhile back

indreams.me

Demon's Penance Teaser

This is a poster for upcoming game on which I'll be working in Dreams after the release.<br>Thank you Mm for the opportunity to be a part of this great community.<br>In this piece we used music "Absent" by MetroTactics. Many thanks for sharing it!

"Using PS4 Remote Play to have reference overlay on screen"

Oh man, I feel dumb now. I was seeing some of these tight fonts being sculpted and thinking...are they overlaying something on their friggin' TV screen?? That makes a lot more sense. Though I don't know how he keeps from bumping the edge a bit with the imp and making it misalign. Any guesses?

Secondly, how do you access the RGB color options?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
"Using PS4 Remote Play to have reference overlay on screen"

Oh man, I feel dumb now. I was seeing some of these tight fonts being sculpted and thinking...are they overlaying something on their friggin' TV screen?? That makes a lot more sense. Though I don't know how he keeps from bumping the edge a bit with the imp and making it misalign. Any guesses?

Secondly, how do you access the RGB color options?
he took 3 slider gadgets, and attached it to a combiner gadget (switch it to color), Wired output to the color input of the dummy object.