• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
bumblebee-1.jpg

Transformers, the IP that never dies, based on the 1980s toy franchise with the slogan "more than meets the eye" is being developed again at Paramount with two projects, one by Independence Day: Resurgence scribe James Vanderbilt and the other by John Wick Chapter 3 EP and Army of the Dead scribe Joby Harold.

The Vanderbilt project, from what I heard, is based on Transformers spinoff Beast Wars which are robots that transform into robotic animals like Cheetor (Cheetah), Optimus Primal (Gorilla), Rhinox (Rhinoceros) and more. Vanderbilt has been on the project since April. There's news today that one project is based in the Bumblebee universe.

deadline.com

Dual ‘Transformers’ Movies In The Works At Paramount

Transformers, the IP that never dies, based on the 1980s toy franchise with the slogan “more than meets the eye” is being developed again at Paramount with two projects, one by Murder Mystery scribe James Vanderbilt and the other by John Wick Chapter 3 EP and Army of the Dead scribe Joby Harold...

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
well yeah the michael bay movies made $4.3 billion in theaters and Im guessing a shitload more in dvd, blu-ray, rentals, toys, etc. Of course they're gonna make more films

Just please don't let Michael Bay be involved. again.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I was pumped on the Beast Wars news until I saw it's the writer of Independence Day: Resurgence and the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But then he apparently also worked on Zodiac's script? Man what the fuck lol.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
One from the writer of Independance Day Resurgance which bombed hard and the other from King Arthur Legend Of Sword which also bombed hard ---- both critically and financially.

I'm not sure who is in charge of this hiring decision at Paramount, but they might want to check him/her for corporate sabotage.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I need explanations, when did Transmutate go from this
hqdefault.jpg

to this
3770353-2238738678-trans.jpg

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
They better have that sweet sound after the title drops.

BEAST WARS : UGGHRARHUUUU

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Beast Wars is my favourite Transformers series and I have a hard time believing they will do it justice.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is that "Bumblebee universe" project the sequel that was in development, or another spin-off type thing? I was really surprised by how much I liked Bumblebee in tone and style, so more of that would be welcome.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Low levels of faith that they get this right at all. There were 5 horrendous trashfires of cinema, and one spin-off/reboot that ended up being atleast enjoyably cute.

The odds are against this...

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First trailer to Beast Wars will answer everything we need to know. If I see a single human in the trailer we done here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i have a love/hate thing with this franchise. i want to see it "succeed" but i kinda don't, everything after transformers 3 i couldn't finish watching

beast wars is probably the best way to go about it i guess

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I have a hard time believing they will actually do a Beast Wars movie and not just introduce a bunch of Beast Wars knock off characters into some modern action movie starring John Cena. Fingers crossed though!

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Man I would kill for a straight remake of BW (modern CGI keeping original audio/direction).

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful, I look forward to the Beast Wars one focusing on a bunch of annoying cavemen and having the actual Maximals/Predacons in it for like 20 minutes tops.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
The last movie had some concept art of an Optimus Primal. We're due for the Beast Wars nostalgia wave now that the 25th anniversary is coming up.

Then one day the Unicron Trilogy will get its due.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Please don't set Beast Wars in the modern era...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First trailer to Beast Wars will answer everything we need to know. If I see a single human in the trailer we done here.

What if its primitive proto humans that Dinobot is valiantly defending to his dying breath against all the Predacon's by his lonesome.

Man fuck me if Dinobot's death isn't one of those moments childhood remembers me as being the most bad ass thing ever. Dude knew he was gonna die thanks to his future already being written and instead of running from it he dives in head on to save an entire species from extinction that he would never even meet. Then he goes out quoting Shakespeare? Dinobot was the baddest fucking dude.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
A Beast wars movie?! I would have my but in the chair to see it! Gimmie the classic lineup and maybe whatever new Beast they want to do. Hope they are actually smaller as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I need explanations, when did Transmutate go from this
hqdefault.jpg

to this
3770353-2238738678-trans.jpg

The Collector's Club did some really weird repaints. They had a limited selection of molds to use at a time, so they just kind of made do with what they had. Sometimes they were good, and other times you had to wonder why they just didn't go with a different idea.

Timelinestoy-Transmutate.jpg

I don't miss that club, and I'm glad Hasbro took the license back from them.