TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Man, that GB praise is something to really note.

Honestly, I'm glad that Sony invested their R&D budget on a next-gen controller than beefier system specs.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Man, that GB praise is something to really note.

Honestly, I'm glad that Sony invested their R&D budget on a next-gen controller than beefier system specs.
Yeah its def a key differentiator, Between that, Audio and looking at the Speed seems like it was a good choice for them. Sounds just super balanced.

RSena7

Oct 26, 2017
From what I remember from the Cerny presentation, these features are made easy for developers to implement. I don't think Sony would have included these features unless it was easy for developers to use--that has been Sony's MO since the PS4 (i.e. "time to triangle").

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a bit burned by the glowing impressions on Joy con HD rumble pre Switch release, I don't feel like that feature is anything special after all. So I'll keep my expectations in check for Dualsense. Still excited to give it a try, great to hear people like it.
It's nothing special because hardly anyone used it.

Oct 27, 2017
Man I would love to see Astro become a big franchise. Imagine a mascot game where you play as Asto, Toro and Kuro, Sackboy and the monkey from Ape Escape similiar to Mario.

It is so charming!

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Hope more then just first party will use feedback of the controller. Joycons have HD Rumble but that's not really used besides a couple of games.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been perfect if it used the Vita dpad. Don't understand why they didn't bother.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I can just imagine the feeling of ice-skating and how the dual-sense would vibrate, and it sounds like the impressions are just what i thought. I wonder what games like Ratchet and DeS will make it feel like. Definitly a feature that's exclusive sounding to the PS experience but i wonder how well third parties will use it, of course with Sony games you won't escape it so maybe with time more devs are convinced of using it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This is actually more exciting than ray tracing, SSDs or tflops to me.

Maybe now the guys that kept saying it's same as rumble will understand but I doubt it.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is actually more exciting than ray tracing, SSDs or tflops to me.

Maybe now the guys that kept saying it's same as rumble will understand but I doubt it.
I have a great PC that will handle RT better than the new consoles but stuff like this and honestly the SSD of the PS5 being even better than one I have in that PC still make console gaming exciting to me.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Only a matter of time before the blatant console wars posts started creeping in, some of you are not subtle

Anyways, dualsense hype, excited for it.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Wow, I was fully expecting people (that got hands on access to PS5) to be super harsh on the controller and skeptical of the features etc. Really hoping it catches on with developers and becomes ubiquitous among 1st and 3rd party games.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. I knew this team would come up with some great stuff for the Dual Sense. And I'm going to go full blackout media mode to not spoil more. Just over 2 weeks left!

Mar 11, 2019
Really happy Sony going the route of attempting to provide a true generational leap both in controller and UI interface. Regarding the controller, the postive experience of it will most likely be doubled in a VR setting, increasing the immersion.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah its def a key differentiator, Between that, Audio and looking at the Speed seems like it was a good choice for them. Sounds just super balanced.

Yea, all the talk about specs really does leave space for the PS5 to be the more "all around" system.

Hopefully Sony has a robust library for developers to easily implement more DualSense features.

My immediate thought. I feel like Jeff hates everything and if he's impressed, well shit

Seriously. I stopped listening to GB and switched to Beast Cast b/c I felt Jeff was increasingly grump about jaded gaming.

Sony should put, "Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb Approved!" on the side of the Dual Sense box.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
ElVoShqXUAI--n1

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Going to reiterate that the Giantbomb impressions have me hyped through the fucking roof! Goddamn November 12th can't get here soon enough!
Just checked my Amazon order for the dualsense controller and charging station I ordered and it still says date pending 😔

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Great to see pretty much unanimous praise for the DualSense. Seems like Sony did well by focusing purely on the player experience with the PS5.

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
This actually sounds so fun haha. I can't wait to try this controller.

The pessimist (and former heavy-Kinect user) in me is worried this will be a gimmick in a few years, but I really hope not. Hopefully Sony pushes for these features to be utilized in third party games, otherwise it will be exactly like the touchpad on the DS4.

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I'll need to wait to see how it is in my hands. If it's one of those features that journalists rave about, but then isn't much of a difference in real life, though I did love when phones added haptics.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
As long as the next full fledged game (i.e. a sequel to Rescue Mission) is not exclusive to VR, it absolutely can become a big franchise.

I think the only good part of astro bot was the VR, the platforming was really boring.

On one hand, I think it would be like Half like atlyx without VR, but maybe a VR-less versión would focus more on level design.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the improvements to performance it's the dualsense that I'm most hyped about. It looks like such a nice evolution for controllers.