• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy a DialSense Edge?

• Yes, day one! Maybe even two‽

Votes: 282 11.3%
  • Yes but not right now, I have rent to cover.

Votes: 183 7.4%
  • Maybe with a steep discount in a couple years?

Votes: 714 28.7%
  • 😂, no. DualSense is plenty good enough for me

Votes: 872 35.1%
  • Why would I? I don't even have a PlayStation 5...

Votes: 244 9.8%
  • Paddle: The Dark Inflation

Votes: 191 7.7%

• Total voters

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Mine shipped earlier today apparently. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Though it's coming via UPS so it will probably get delayed until Wednesday.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
"preparing to ship" status still. There's no way this gets to my door step by tomorrow. I've never seen anything shipped that quickly to me. Maybe Friday if I'm lucky.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Just got the shipping email.

It will probably get here tomorrow. Same thing happened with the GoW controller. Didn't get shipping notification until the day before and it arrived the next day.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Anyone based in the UK had a shipping email? Mines still states that it's preparing to ship. If I were to get this tomorrow I'd have expected to hear something from DPD by now.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
They are really squeezing their european customers.

No thanks, gonna wait when it drops to 100€. Gonna even go for a used one if It's actually decent.
In Europe PS is really big, almost no competition with Xbox. That sucks for PS fans in Europe (since there is no need to have sharp retail prizes), but also for Xbox fans, since it;s hard to play against gamers out of Europe, so we always have to battle more latency.

Last edited:

ItsJonesy777

Oct 25, 2017
1 1/2hrs until I pick mine up but another 10hrs after that before I'll actually get to use it.

I'm like a kid at Xmas, the anticipation is crazy!!

Last edited:

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Edge today. Haven't had a lot of time to play around with it, but I primarily got it to set L3 and R3 to the rear bumpers and never have to click a stick again, and on that level, it's a massive success. I booted up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which has L3 to sprint and R3 to interact with...nearly everything, and a gentle click to the back of the controller is all it takes and it feels so much better.

The other main improvement I'm getting from it are the face buttons -- I think my launch Dualsense always had a spongy button press, and it may have gotten spongier over time, but these things have a satisfying and firm click as you press them. A lot more like the DualShock 4, but with a firmer sense of feedback as you fully press the button. They feel slick yet still chunky, if that makes sense. The D-pad feels similar, but I guess the launch Dualsense had a pretty good D-pad anyway, in my experience.

I got two extra stick modules just in case, but I'll be keeping them in their teeny boxes unless I need to change them, but I never had any serious drifting on the launch Dualsense so I hope that remains the same here.

Overall, it's very much packed with nice-to-have features, and is ultra-premium (the carrying case is wonderfully chonky), but it does indicate to me just how great the original Dualsense is. I'm glad I have it, but unless the Edge appealed to you already, you're probably not missing out to stick with the regular controller.

Snornex

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone in Canada having problems with their Best Buy or Amazon orders? I preordered on both back in October, but for some reason my arival dates have slipped back to January 30/February 1.

plake

Nov 3, 2017
I'm going to pick one up tomorrow even though I said I just might not when I first heard about the lacking battery. After considering some more and reading up on reviews I've realised the battery should be serviceable and I spend enough time with a controller in my hand to warrant its price (and I'm a huge fan of back paddles, just wish there were four). Looking forward to trying it out soon!

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
My Edge just shipped from PS Direct! Will be here tomorrow! Fuck yes. Just started Death Stranding DC so this will be the perfect time to start using it.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Still no shipping notice here in UK, nothing from DPD either

url

I'm kind of hoping that owing to the fact we live on a small island and DPD deliver pretty much all day, as late as 8pm, that the jokers at PS Direct UK are leaving this right until the last minute. Although that's right about now 😅

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate the long USB cable. It makes a big difference compared to the one that came with the console.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone in Canada having problems with their Best Buy or Amazon orders? I preordered on both back in October, but for some reason my arival dates have slipped back to January 30/February 1.

One is arriving tomorrow, other one is across the country with a 31st estimate. Both from Best Buy.

Oct 25, 2017
The other main improvement I'm getting from it are the face buttons -- I think my launch Dualsense always had a spongy button press, and it may have gotten spongier over time, but these things have a satisfying and firm click as you press them. A lot more like the DualShock 4, but with a firmer sense of feedback as you fully press the button. They feel slick yet still chunky, if that makes sense. The D-pad feels similar, but I guess the launch Dualsense had a pretty good D-pad anyway, in my experience.

I've been considering getting one just for this, but I'm also kind of just annoyed that the normal controller doesn't meet this basic standard of quality.

Oct 25, 2017
url

I'm kind of hoping that owing to the fact we live on a small island and DPD deliver pretty much all day, as late as 8pm, that the jokers at PS Direct UK are leaving this right until the last minute. Although that's right about now 😅
I'm losing hope myself being in the UK and on 'Preparing to Ship' at 23:33, lol

Frakked

Jun 5, 2018
I'm in the UK and I got my shipping notification at 7pm. Feel for anyone who hasn't been updated yet.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I pre-ordered on day one.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
The paddles appear to work in either direction. They should give the option to make pressing in and pushing away the paddles different inputs. It might be confusing for some, but options? If not then we'll probably see it on PC with a wide array of functions for the function buttons. Imagine Tarkov with the functions customized to the max all while spilling brains like a pro with flickstick. That means two things, I gotta get good at flickstick and I gotta get over my fear of Tarkov. Still definitely not enough inputs for Tarkov though.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I've been considering getting one just for this, but I'm also kind of just annoyed that the normal controller doesn't meet this basic standard of quality.
At least the quality gets better the more you pay. Compare that to the Xbox Elite V2 which actually gets worse the more you pay lol. The face buttons on the elite are SOOO bad, especially A and B which registers maybe 80% of the time unless you press super hard.

Oct 25, 2017
At least the quality gets better the more you pay. Compare that to the Xbox Elite V2 which actually gets worse the more you pay lol. The face buttons on the elite are SOOO bad, especially A and B which registers maybe 80% of the time unless you press super hard.

Sounds like my first Dualsense.
Buttons got progressively mushier until X stopped reliably working.
Second controller's a lot better, but the stick clicks are mushy, so it's hard to feel it sometimes.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I received the shipped notification as well. Will is it require a signature, I won't be home. It says consoles & VR require a signature so I should be good? A neighbor is going to pick the box up.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
amazon sucks, ordered it the day you could pre order and they still cant even deliver it on release day

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine, saw the box within a box within a box packaging and knew I was getting hosed lol

Can confirm once you have set up custom profiles set up on PS5 they will persist on PC.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Forspoken PC won't recognise edge natively despite regular dualsense working. Here we go.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

One is arriving tomorrow, other one is across the country with a 31st estimate. Both from Best Buy.

Controller from across the country just got scanned in an hour away. Still says the 31st but I see no reason it won't be here tomorrow.