MadDogTannen

Feb 21, 2023
news.sky.com

Dublin-New York livestream portal temporarily shuts after 'inappropriate behaviour'

People on the Irish side of the portal have been seen flashing body parts and showing images of 9/11 to their New York counterparts - with numerous videos going viral on social media.

Not sure what they were expecting when they put it in that part of Dublin tbh lol

But basically on the Irish side you had people doing coke, showing images of 9/11, mooning and the American side had OF models flashing

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I sort of expected worse tbh, especially at night time.

I saw conflicting reports about whether it's actually still off, or was ever off beyond the period yesterday.

Apparently they're going to add some software to block out any images held up to the camera or something.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
NYC tourist babies kept getting spirited away through the portal and replaced with changelings.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Shocked_Pikachu.png

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Getting some real

a0a32060f8a8fa5eafd16689763b2e540f0d079ec5d4c915a02356e70fcb4f25_1.jpg

vibes from the Irish side here. Not a great thing to joke about 9/11 like that but I'm not surprised.

To be fair, I don't know if the NYers really did anything messed up, but it says it was closed because of the Irish side of the portal, so...

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The portal was surely created by people who've never been on the internet.

StuKen

Oct 27, 2017
Well you joke but put it somewhere the guards are actually around.
Rules out most of the city then :). Seriously there are plenty of other not stupid places to have put it. Fusiliers arch at the entrance to Stephens green, in the pedestrian area at the top of caple street, anywhere in the grounds of imma, the pedestrian island outside Trinity on dame street, Smithfield square, anywhere in the Phoenix park, the top of howth head. Anywhere except in the middle of the country's largest open air drug bazaar.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still very confused by this thing. It's just a screen. And every photo I've seen of it the screen looks kinda low tech and crappy.
UYWGkHL.jpeg
Yes, it's oddly low quality for what it is trying to do. Also it's not closed. I literally saw it on 3 hours ago and people were being goofy waving to each other.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I read the title and full on expected it was New Yorkers that ruined it. Expectations subverted.

Jun 20, 2021
The problem is at 5pm when everyone in New York is commuting home, it is 10pm in Dublin so people having been drinking for twelve hours.

Hud Hastings

Jul 1, 2018
Some real "that's what you get for putting it among the poors!" stuff in here. I'd argue it's much more "that's what you get for putting it in a time zone 5 hours ahead of the other side" than that. Obviously you'll get people acting the maggot when they're bladdered after getting turfed out of the pub, and it seems a lot worse when the people watching are on their way out for dinner or whatever it is people do at 7pm.

They absolutely should set it to stop auto-focusing on close-up objects, though. Would stop the phone-screen based stuff, which seems against the spirit of the endeavour.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
This should be the primary use case. Just taunting people by doing things illegal in their jurisdiction but legal in yours.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It never really closed! I don't know why people keep repeating that it closed. Maybe for some hours or a day or two but I pass it nearly every day and it has been open most days despite the stories saying otherwise.