Publisher: Happy Broccoli Games
Genre: Adventure / Comedy / Detective / Casual
Platforms: PC
(Steam, MacOS + SteamOS, Microsoft Store, GOG), Switch, Xbox Series X|S
Price: $9.99, £8.50 (With a 10% Launch Discount) [Pricing varies by region.]
Release Date: May 23rd, 2024
Game Length: 2-3 Hours

Description

Aggretsuko meets Return of the Obra Dinn in Duck Detective, a cozy mystery game about a down-on-his-luck duck searching for answers in a sinister sausage-based conspiracy. Inspect and interview suspects to learn their hidden secrets, then use the information you've gathered (plus your own de-duck-tive reasoning) to locate the suspect and bust the case wide open!

Key Features

• A 2-3 hour-long mystery game!
  • Interview suspects, fill in the blanks, and crack the case!
  • Fully voice-acted!
  • Throw bread to the fine beak of lady justice!
  • Judge everyone on first impressions, just by looking at them really, really hard! Get them to admit things by staring! Do ducks blink? You don't.
  • Quack at the press of a button!

About the Studio

Happy Broccoli Games is an indie studio based in Berlin. They make character-focused games that let players escape into their magical worlds! Other titles by them include:

Trailers and Media

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NCNvQSXeM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmstMrXlVHI
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif

N0rmPbw.png

Last edited:

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
That's my shit. Thanks for the thread.
doops. - You should maybe add MacOS and SteamOS to the platforms in the OP :)

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Picking this up at the weekend, very excited for it. The demo was great.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Really intrigued, but definitely gonna wait for some impressions before I pull the trigger. Hopefully a neat game to play in one sesh over the weekend.

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
It's available now on Steam!! GOG and Switch versions will be live within the next hour and Xbox/Microsoft Store later today! :)

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Bought and finished it today, all achievements too (although they're mostly just for playing the game). That was a fun little romp. Steam has me at 106 minutes in total, so not the longest game, but I had fun. Hopefully it's going to be a series of short but sweet games, like Frog Detective.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Fun little game, finished with all achievements in a little under two hours. I was expecting a bit more though. I really like Obra Dinn/Golden Idol type puzzles, but these were rather simple. Yet at the same time, I felt like there were some odd leaps in logic, and some of the deductions were strangely worded. With most of the deductions requiring so few words, though, it was easy to brute force anything I didn't immediately know. The writing and voice acting were super charming and easily the highlight.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a cute game loved the art style, music and VA, magnifying glass cute characters to hyper focus into more realistic features was hilarious. Just wish it was longer, ended up beating it in about an hour maybe hour and a half, too short of a game and wanted different puzzles to solve to change the pace. Little hard to recommend to others due to length, hoping they release a sequel and flesh it out.

Amakusa