• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

the "surprise game"

• Outbreak (new game or remake/remaster)

Votes: 73 9.0%
  • RE1 remake

Votes: 177 21.9%
  • Revelations 3 (finally)

Votes: 108 13.4%
  • Resident Evil 5 remake

Votes: 191 23.6%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica remake

Votes: 259 32.1%

• Total voters

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Omar? XD Does Omar actually have insider news on something like that?

Speaking of gameplay I wanna see implemented if a RE5 Remake comes to fruition, I kinda want them to add back the duck or the shove and punch animation from the earlier RE5 trailers (when Kevin Dorman was narrating a RE5 trailer before recasted by Roger Craig Smith, Kevin years later would reprise his role as Chris Redfield in RE Vendetta and the new movie RE Death Island) because in the final product those got removed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYNJQVz_Pc

Imagine if Chris has the knife parry and Sheva the evade roll? That way both feel unique and there's a reason to use both.

Apr 5, 2022
Imagine if Chris has the knife parry and Sheva the evade roll? That way both feel unique and there's a reason to use both.

Definitely! Both having their own specific evasions would be so great xD We'll see what happens, I remember being blown away when Leon was able to parry a chainsaw with a knife in RE4 Remake. I was like WHAT?! I hope if a RE5 Remake gets announced? We get wow moments like that. I miss co op RE and I'd love to see how a co op RE Engine Resident Evil story campaign game would look like, especially how its implented! I could also see them inserting the Lost In Nightmares and Desperate Escape into the game as well though I'd be shocked if both got full blown DLCs like Separate Ways did for RE4 Remake.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely! Both having their own specific evasions would be so great xD We'll see what happens, I remember being blown away when Leon was able to parry a chainsaw with a knife in RE4 Remake. I was like WHAT?! I hope if a RE5 Remake gets announced? We get wow moments like that. I miss co op RE and I'd love to see how a co op RE Engine Resident Evil story campaign game would look like, especially how its implented! I could also see them inserting the Lost In Nightmares and Desperate Escape into the game as well though I'd be shocked if both got full blown DLCs like Separate Ways did for RE4 Remake.
Yeah, there's a lot of improvements they can make to the gameplay of the OG.

Imagine Wesker parrying you this time.

🤤

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Omar? XD Does Omar actually have insider news on something like that?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYNJQVz_Pc

Yes? The man's leaks are always on point and I don't recall any of his leaks being wrong.
However, he wrote a tweet today saying that this Dusk leak might have messed up his infos, because it contradicts what he heard about RE9, which is that the announcement was supposed to be this year with a release date in January of next year.

Solidus Snake

Apr 20, 2024
IIRC, Omar said that Capcom is planning to announce Resident Evil 5 Remake this year.
tumblr_nnj6bqZtNg1qzk2apo4_500.gif

RE5R was inevitable. To me the biggest question is if RE6R will ever happen.

Apr 5, 2022
tumblr_nnj6bqZtNg1qzk2apo4_500.gif

RE5R was inevitable. To me the biggest question is if RE6R will ever happen.

If it improved the overall product to something all fans will enjoy then I'm all for it! As much as I'd love them to do one central story of the games events, I wouldnt put it past them to redo all 3-4 campaigns yet again but with better execution. I'm ready for RE5 to get some love again, even those who prefer the RE Engine style remakes.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
The way that was a long ass paragraph revealing literally nothing. It's just speculation; "it was SUPPOSED to be revealed this summer and it STILL could be, but it may not..." like girl.... what a leaker!

Apr 5, 2022
It's been awhile since I've played RE5, but there's definitely things they could change for the better.

Obviously the problematic stuff that was called out back then. And then of course this

View: https://imgur.com/a/nXUNrZ4

I mean...as funny as it was back in the day, there is NO way they would remove the boulder punching moment with Chris. That moment is forever linked to Chris, so much so it was referenced in RE8 when Heisenberg called him "boulder punching asshole" XD

EvaUnit787

Aug 6, 2023
I really hope it's Code Veronica, or they saw the delay coming and prepped ReRemake 1.

I would eventually want 5, but I will be real salty if they skip Code Veronica, they already technically did it once for 4.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
surprised that its taken so long for an Outbreak to come out again. figured they would jump at season like passes to map downloads

RE5 is the most boring thing they could do.

1) You would basically have to scrap the premise of the games story, setting, etc, to not be a racist dumpster fire and then what even is the point of calling it RE5? Just make a new game(or remake something more interesting). ……They aren't going to go that big for RE5 lol

2) Visual remakes to early HD era games aren't nearly as interesting as prior era games and, graphically, RE5 was one of the better looking games of its time.

3) There's no getting around the fact that it would still star Chris with Sheva as a sidekick

1.) RE5 was the best selling game in the history of Capcom for awhile and still sells a good amount every year.

2.) Ehhhh not really along with the fact to remake it and remove the racism it be a different game visually and such.

3.) I mean they can just make Sheva more important to the general story of RE5, unlike your first point the big theme/meme/remembrance of RE5 is Chris vs Wesker thats whats important and you can change the story to make Sheva more important and integral while still keeping that.

Folks need to be ready RE5 Remake is coming.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I hope for a RE5make precisely because of how racist that original was. Heavily rework/rewrite that shit with African writers present and to be save have Sheva be the lead (maybe even the only char) for the African sections and have Chris handle all the Wesker/conspiracy stuff.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
1.) RE5 was the best selling game in the history of Capcom for awhile and still sells a good amount every year.

2.) Ehhhh not really along with the fact to remake it and remove the racism it be a different game visually and such.

3.) I mean they can just make Sheva more important to the general story of RE5, unlike your first point the big theme/meme/remembrance of RE5 is Chris vs Wesker thats whats important and you can change the story to make Sheva more important and integral while still keeping that.

Folks need to be ready RE5 Remake is coming.
We knew RE5 was. But what else is coming?

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
RE5 is the most boring thing they could do.

1) You would basically have to scrap the premise of the games story, setting, etc, to not be a racist dumpster fire and then what even is the point of calling it RE5? Just make a new game(or remake something more interesting). ……They aren't going to go that big for RE5 lol

2) Visual remakes to early HD era games aren't nearly as interesting as prior era games and, graphically, RE5 was one of the better looking games of its time.

3) There's no getting around the fact that it would still star Chris with Sheva as a sidekick
1) RE5 is literally still the best selling RE game.
2) It's not only about the graphics. The game feels outdated thanks to not being able to shoot and move, among other things.
3) Sheva can be expanded upon quite easily. Just like Carlos, Ashley or Luis were.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Its probably 5 remake up next, I just hope CV remake is going to happen at some point as well. Remaking flawed or less-than-great games is more interesting to me than remaking good games, and a remake could do CV wonders.

Also really interested in whatever RE9 is gonna be, honestly just really hungry for more RE right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Does it? We alreddy have RE remake.
22 years ago
They remade RE1 after 6 years... its almost 4x that since the remake

There is a lot you can do with a REremake,
1. The canon ending can finally be added to the game
2. Modern gameplay
3. Chris and Jill could have legitimately separate scenarios
4. If they really went all in on it, Rebecca, Barry and Wesker could all have their own scenarios.

Last edited:

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
22 years ago
They remade RE1 after 6 years... its almost 4x that since the remake

There is a lot you can do with a REremake,
1. The canon ending can finally be added to the game
2. Modern gameplay
3. Chris and Jill could have legitimately separate scenarios
4. If they really went all in on it, Rebecca, Barry and Wesker could all have their own scenarios.
Playable Barry and Wesker in a RE:1 sounds fantastic.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Wait wait WAIT

Has Dusk Golem confirmed if RE9 is an FPS or not?
It was a awhile ago but it was confirmed by them to be a first person title. Again, that was awhile ago if I recall correctly and this game has been in dev for awhile (this was originally supposed to be RE8 but was held back as it needed retooling and a concurrently developed RE project took its place) so things could've changed.