Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Damn 7 years dev time? Definitely would have been a shame to push it out even further. I'm honestly surprised it's not aimed for this year.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Give me a game that feels like RE4 Remake in a different setting and a bit more open.

Thanks.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i worry it's going to be some multiplayer thing. capcom has the perfect blueprint for a new RE game with RE4make so please don't blunder this

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I'm interested in the setting. RE7 and RE8 had vastly different locations and I loved that.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm hyped. RE8 was magical, so I hope they continue in a similar direction, even if it's not first person.

Dusk Golem, the Knights of Dusk stand by you.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie it is a bit funny he's said this like just a week after saying it was potentially delayed. I look forward to seeing what they got in store with re9 and intrigued to see how an open world re game would work if the rumours are true

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Has Dusk confirmed the perspective of RE9? Like between third person or first person? Would be cool if they have both available from the start.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It has felt so great to be a Resident Evil fan in the past 7 years. I can't wait to see what Capcom has in store here.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I hear this is medieval based and explores the secret origins of Umbrella and one of the monsters is going to be an undead Unicorn.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
8 years in development? If true that game had been shifted engines a bunch I bet.

Oct 30, 2017
Give me all the RE you can, it has been unbelievably dream come true for RE fans since RE7 released and we got all these too good to be true Remakes and RE8.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
if true this probably won't be the "sequel" to RE7 and 8, I'm assuming? (i.e. probably no first person or Ethan)

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Cant see them releasing MH Wilds and RE 9 so close to each other.
Capcom never said exactly when MH Wilds was releasing in 2025, RE9 being early 2025 would mean MH Wilds is probably a mid/second half of 2025 title now.

Capcom would have probably been considering Feb/March 2025 at some point, but the Dragon's Dogma 2 launch fiasco should have absolutely spooked Capcom enough to give the MH team all the extra time they need to polish the game. MH Wilds launching in any state remotely like DD2 would completely destroy Capcom's reputation and cause irreversible damage to their most valuable brand overnight.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah true but i think coop is enough to change level design and so on for the worse, just look at what happened to RE5

that's a good good thing though right? i think a new Jill game for example has been long overdue

Trying to find the source , but I think Chris will star in this game. We just don't know if he's the only returning character.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
So no speculation about the games in the new batch? Surely one of them is RE10, but what about remakes? Did they go for RE0 + RE1 or RE5 + RE6? Did they pick something like RE5 + RE11 instead?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Trying to find the source , but I think Chris will star in this game. We just don't know if he's the only returning character.

chris is not my favourite RE character but village ended on a cliffhanger with him wanting to investigate the BSAA, though capcom often times just drops plot points and goes for something completly different. if they do another chris game i think jill should be there too especially if, like the rumours say, it's supposed to be the final game for the current RE story and some sort of "passing the torch" thing. in that case it just makes sense to go back to the original RE protagonists.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
chris is not my favourite RE character but village ended on a cliffhanger with him wanting to investigate the BSAA, though capcom often times just drops plot points and goes for something completly different. if they do another chris game i think jill should be there too especially if, like the rumours say, it's supposed to be the final game for the current RE story and some sort of "passing the torch" thing. in that case it just makes sense to go back to the original RE protagonists.
For sure. We are overdue for a Jill return! My daughter became a fan of hers thanks to RE3 Remake and Death Island.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
ambitious & re engine...so we can expect sub 30 fps (like dragons dogma 2)?