• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
e2i6pd_xiaajlhkgjkb0.jpeg

gamingroute.com

Dying Light is getting a Platinum Edition - Gaming Route

Recently a Platinum Edition for Dying Light was listed on the Microsoft Store. This platinum edition is said to contain “all four major DLCs and seventeen

Buy Dying Light: Platinum Edition | Xbox

Enjoy Dying Light in its richest form. Containing all four major DLCs and seventeen skin bundles, the Platinum Edition brings together everything you need to explore all the post-apocalyptic world has to offer.
Rove an infected world where only the strongest will make it. Master your combat skills to fight monsters of all kinds, both human and the undead. Parkour through the roofs, craft weapons, and help other survivors while you're confronting your own nightmares.

Now you can enjoy Dying Light to the fullest with the richest version of the acclaimed open world zombie survival game. Containing four DLCs and seventeen skin bundles, Dying Light: Platinum Edition brings together everything you need to explore all the post-apocalyptic world has to offer. Drive across Harran, as you spread carnage in your buggy, face and survive Bozak's trials, explore new quarantine zones, and enjoy plenty of new skins and weapons!
Features:
- Dying Light – the full award-winning game.
- Dying Light: The Following – a huge expansion complete with a new story, vast original map, and a customizable buggy to drive.
- Dying Light: Bozak Horde – a challenging game mode with its own side story.
- Cuisine & Cargo – two additional quarantine zones.
- Ultimate Survivor Bundle – exclusive weapons and outfits.
- Crash Test Skin Pack – a madcap cosmetic pack.
- Hellraid – a new game mode in a dark-fantasy setting.
- A large collection of skins and weapons that will make slaughtering zombies even more fun:

5th Anniversary Bundle
Harran Ranger Bundle
Gun Psycho Bundle
Volatile Hunter Bundle
White Death Bundle
Vintage Gunslinger Bundle
Rais Elite Bundle
Godfather Bundle
Harran Inmate Bundle
Retrowave Bundle
SHU Warrior Bundle
Volkan Combat Armor Bundle
Classified Operation Bundle
Viking: Raiders of Harran Bundle
Harran Tactical Unit Bundle

Last edited:

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hm wonder if they'll also do a next gen patch now ..

Dropped the game ages ago, but willing to jump back in if that's the case

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
If there's no 60fps patch in this shit they can go fuck themselves after all this time

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
There is most likely not going to be a next gen patch with this new release. The store listing shows that it is a bundle of the original release and all of its DLC. This is probably just a replacement to their Anniversary bundle released last October which didn't include all the cosmetic DLC.

At least the game is 60 fps now on Series X/S with fps boost.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The Anniversary Edition is missing all the cosmetic packs except for the 5th Anniversary pack:

Harran Ranger Bundle
Gun Psycho Bundle
Volatile Hunter Bundle
White Death Bundle
Rais Elite Bundle
Godfather Bundle
Harran Inmate Bundle
Retrowave Bundle
SHU Warrior Bundle
Crash Test Skin Pack

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Anniversary Edition is missing all the cosmetic packs except for the 5th Anniversary pack:

Harran Ranger Bundle
Gun Psycho Bundle
Volatile Hunter Bundle
White Death Bundle
Rais Elite Bundle
Godfather Bundle
Harran Inmate Bundle
Retrowave Bundle
SHU Warrior Bundle
Crash Test Skin Pack
Ahh gotcha!

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I wonder why they put so much effort into supporting this game and get haven't patched it to support higher resolutions and settings yet? I'd rebuy it in a heartbeat at 4k 60 with enhanced draw distance.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hopefully a next-gen patch, but I doubt it. Just looks like a quickly bundled money-grab before the sequel comes out.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
This really should have received a next gen patch considering they're still releasing new DLC for it as of recently. Disappointing that there seems to be no indication that it will get patched.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm expecting that they'll continue to refuse updating the game with a current gen patch. Despite still receiving DLC, the game never even got a Pro or One X patch. I'm not going back without one.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
No Next-Gen patch (or bare minimum x1x/ps4pro) just means they're draining this cow for all it's worth before 2 lol

As milking would entail offering an upgrade in performance imo

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So it's the Anniversary edition plus some skins. Hardly seems worth a new edition unless they're doing a next-gen patch.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
For god's f'n sake can they finally please just up the res a tiny bit instead of throwing more and more "complete" editions on the market while releasing more and more mini dlcs and patches every month while this game still doesn't have any kind of technical enhancement over the One S and PS4 version?

This Platinum edition doesn't do anything for their legacy players anyway. I own the Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition (lmao) and already couldn't upgrade to their anniversary edition that came later, so it won't be possible with this one either I guess.

Last edited:

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Is this to get attention on the series before DL2? Makes sense to get people talking about the franchise right before dropping DL2.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Don't have to release Dying Light 2 if you just keep re-releasing Dying Light 1

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
There is most likely not going to be a next gen patch with this new release. The store listing shows that it is a bundle of the original release and all of its DLC. This is probably just a replacement to their Anniversary bundle released last October which didn't include all the cosmetic DLC.

At least the game is 60 fps now on Series X/S with fps boost.

Was going to ask this, would love a res bump as well as i remember it being jaggy / blury as hell on the old xbox

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
No reason not to do a quick PS5/XB1 port - I played this at 4k/60 on my 1080ti; it ran very well. I think both consoles could hit that spec easily.

versus87

Oct 4, 2019
I guess this was planned as shadowdrop for the Dying Light 2 event embargo thats ends on this day.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
That lines up suspiciously well with the next free game release on the Epic Store *nudge nudge wink wink*

It's not just me saying that btw. There's been some rumours that Dying Light will be the next free game.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's on sale for $25. Very tempted to get it now that it has a FPS Boost to 60fps on Series X|S.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
It's on sale for $25. Very tempted to get it now that it has a FPS Boost to 60fps on Series X|S.

Is this a legit price and not MSRP? If it's not going to be $25 next week I'm going to get it. Always wanted to play this game, but was going to wait for the sequel since my backlog is huge.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is this a legit price and not MSRP? If it's not going to be $25 next week I'm going to get it. Always wanted to play this game, but was going to wait for the sequel since my backlog is huge.
Yes, it's genuinely on sale. On both PS and Xbox. Can't remember what the full price was exactly but about £45.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
No next gen patch is a slap in the face. They did this same shit with the Anniversary edition where they could've at least increased the Res on PS4 Pro and One X.

Aw well at least the PC version runs great with higher frames and res.