• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AbbaZabba

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phew I was not sure about a Battletoads reboot but the broad non-specific feature declarations definitely sold me.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Almost time for Square-Enix conference! Final Fantasy XIV for the Switch, I can feel it!! :)

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I need someone to hug me and tell me that i won't have to worry because maybe, just maybe, next year Konami will announce a Metal Gear remake....

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
This year seems heavy on announcements with little-to-nothing to show. Things starting to roll back before the next-gen tide comes in?

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
IMO the Game Pass announcements (older AAA and AA third party games, plus selected indie games day one) are worth noting in the MS recap. Also FastStart.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...box-game-pass-with-better-third-party-support

In the company's E3 press briefing yesterday, the company revealed a greater level of support for the service from both Bethesda and Ubisoft: Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and Tom Clancy's The Division will all be added to the service this year.

More significantly, four third party games will be released on Xbox Game Pass on the same day they launch on Xbox One: Fatshark's Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Aurora44's Ashen, Night School's Afterparty and Snapshot's Phoenix Point.

Phoenix Point coming to X1 and not just PC is also newsworthy.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I'm confused. E3 doesn't start until June 12th but everyone is doing their conferences ahead of time? When is the Sony conference?

Volo

Oct 26, 2017

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that we saw this on all conferences up until now, lol
en_badge_web_generic.png
It was at the end of Square Enix's too.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Among other things, in the LRG conference, they announced Switch ports for Cosmic Star Heroine (August) & Dust: An Elysian Tail (TBD).

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
The Kingdom Hearts trailer shown during SE's conference is not the same as the Xbox trailer. E3 has had the Frozen Trailer, Square-Enix E3 Showcase Trailer, and the Pirates of the Carribean trailer.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Is this year's E3 so far better than 2015 & 2016?

NIntendo gotta go hard cause Microsoft & Sony delivered.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to watch the PS4 Show, so thank you OP for summarizing everything. I really appreciate it :).

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Baring Nintendo, isn't it pretty much it in terms of announcements? Like if any 3rd party was going to reveal a new game they would of done so by now?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is this year's E3 so far better than 2015 & 2016?

NIntendo gotta go hard cause Microsoft & Sony delivered.
Id say so but the catching up to the adverse response in the Sony conference thread is kind of surreal. It's been a fantastic E3 all around... except EA, but, hey, what else is new.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So I watched the EA, MS and Ubisoft conferences, and caught up on Bethesda and Sony the next day.

I personally think this year has been a phenomenal showcase of how good a place gaming is in right now.

I'm past hearing all the cynical negativity, and honestly not listening to it any longer. There are a ton of incredible looking games coming, of all shapes and sizes. Just look at all that info in the OP. There's something good out there for everyone. We've never had it better.

There are so many games that I need in my life, that I just found out about this weekend. I honestly don't know where to start. It's nuts.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where else to put this but it is a summation.

So far 2018 has been fantastic for front-and-center strong female representation:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Control
The Last of Us Part 2
Battlefield V
Gears of War 5
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Even Cuphead's Miss Chalice DLC!

I know I'm forgetting a few games. That's just off the top of my head and we haven't seen Nintendo's stuff.

Am I crazy or is the focus on the inclusion of women stronger than it's ever been before?