How hyped are you for E3 2021? (out of 10 being the higest)

• 1-2

Votes: 655 26.4%
  • 3-4

Votes: 457 18.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 435 17.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 414 16.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 289 11.6%

Votes: 234 9.4%

• Total voters

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot it was close to e3 time due to hardly any hype news. Hope it's better than last year's failure

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
In recent years my E3 hype has centered almost entirely around stage events and Giant Bomb's night shows, so yeah, for multiple reasons I'm not as hyped as I'd normally be. (Though I also wasn't last year, either.)

I mean, I'm excited for announcements and everything, but I'm not sure E3 (or the inevitable post-E3 world's cluster of similarly timed events) will ever quite feel like an Event as it used to.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
Only in semantics though? They have a video conference that runs along with E3 every single year since 2018. Do you not think they will do that this year?
I mean, I guess it's semantics, but the thread is specifically about E3 - which they haven't been part of for a few years. Last year, there was no E3 - just a weird mix of stuff spaced out around the summer, though I guess Sony's thing was the closest to the usual time of E3. And...they didn't do anything in 2019? I guess I'm not as firm on that, but I really don't remember them doing anything Summer 2019 - between now and E3 2018, Sony has just done their own little one-off things, and it's very much on their schedule. I'm not saying this pejoratively or anything - maybe they will do something in June! But, maybe it'll be in July. Or August, even. I'm sure they'll do something, but we have no real information or anything tangible to base speculation off of.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am an old.

I don't get hyped anymore. But I am looking forward to it as I enjoy the info dump.

Same here, but still reasonably hyped for what games MS is bringing for my Series X, and what Nintendo will show in terms of Zelda/new hardware. All the rest is bonus for me. And Sony not being there is just a big lol. WTF are they thinking?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom usually makes their big announcements at E3 and wondering what Nintendo has. That's pretty much the only things I'm looking forward to.

Aug 30, 2020
I'll be pretty amazed if even one thing I'm remotely interested in is shown or announced in any capacity during or around E3, given the state of E3 + the >1 year of Covid.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
3-4 I'm open to surprises, but considering that we don't even have ps5s or xboxs here in my country, is difficult to be excited about this.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Man, a lot of you really don't expect anything interesting from Microsoft, Bethesda, or Nintendo at E3, huh? I understand keeping expectations in check, but it's hard to imagine it being a barren show to be honest.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield, Zelda, Elden Ring, plus any surprises have the potential to make this a great E3. That's not even taking into account whatever Sony will show.

Oct 27, 2017
Curious for Xbox. What they're doing with Forza Motorsport and Horizon, and how Infinite is shaping up, will dictate how much effort I put into trying to get an Xbox this year.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very hyped for Nintendo's event. I have hopes to see something new related to Metroid, also new information about Bayonetta 3 and some more details about Shin Megami Tensei V.

I'm not hyped for Sony and Microsoft's events. I don't expect much for their new console due to covid.

I'm not hyped for BotW 2 either. I'm not hyped for anything related to Zelda to be honest.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
25b631e08d96b2d30d9c60dde400aaee.gif

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
8 or 9 I'd say. Some big games are right around the corner, and others are getting close enough to see some juicy CGI story trailers. I'm glad we're getting back to normal as far as gaming announcements go, because last year's spread out nonsense was awful.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Hard to be overly excited about something when you don't really have an idea of the scope of it. I think I might be more (or less so) excited once different publishers start putting dates on stream dates and lengths. As it stands, I can't get excited about a series of streams that are similar in scope to what we've seen out of Ubisoft's recent Direct style videos and EA's past few years' worth of EA Play events.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. After directs and state of plays, I couldn't get excited about E3. It will be the same, just with different games. And because of Covid, I don't expect many surprises.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Not really that hyped. I have enough games to last me a while right now. Guessing we're in for some more delays and I doubt I'll be getting a PS5 this year at this rate.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Reckon this will be the best E3 in a while. I'm including Sony's future of gaming event equivalent which will drop around that time too. I'm a 10 solely for Starfield. Cannot wait to see what Bethesda is cooking.

niall

Oct 30, 2017
I'm moderately hyped. Expecting to see more of Final Fantasy XVI, hoping to see Dragon's Dogma too. And hopefully a few surprises.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
My lifelong dream of finally being able to attend E3 is finally within my grasp.

SO VERY VERY
ichiqxd.png

My only request - I want y'all there with me cus Im awkward, yeah, YEAH??

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im excited and it's definitely on my radar but certainly not as hyped as I would be in a normal year.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like next to zero, there is pretty much no information out there on what that event will even be and what their partners will even be presenting, this combined with the recent Giantbomb events makes this E3 the least anticipated ever.

The last year also proved that the event is completely unnecessary and that big publishers might as well hold big announcements for their own events, so I'm not expecting a majority of those partners to use this as their prime event of the year.

Zalera

Mar 26, 2021
I'm sure Giant Bomb will do something for E3, even if it's just them talking over it (unless they've said otherwise?). Won't be the same people obv, but I'll take it.

Either way I'm pretty hyped and would like to see Elden Ring, FFXVI, Starfield and maybe some FFVIIR stuff.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7 so far. Week before E3, 10!

E3 is back, more importantly!

NotSoren

Jul 15, 2020
5. There is a Nintendo Direct. Maybe some gameplay trailers for FF16, Lost Judgement and Horizon 2 . Besides those I am not expecting much. I want to see a lot, but I am not expecting much.

Last edited:

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
My hype is directly proportional to the chance of seeing actual gameplay trailers for the following:

Elden Ring
Starfield
Battlefield
Silksong

Right now, I'm at a 6 out of 10. Probably getting Battlefield, but not really sure about anything else.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does this even mean? There was no failure as it was cancelled. Or it's already better by virtue of existing. Either way, wtf.

Better than Summer Game Fest they probably mean.

Considering we got any events last year was a miracle in itself, but I still thought Sony's show at E3 and MS's later on were great.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not hyped in the slightest. Don't even care about it this year.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
The first year following the release of a new generation typically has a pretty strong E3, so I'm excited.