How hyped are you for E3 2021? (out of 10 being the higest)

• 1-2

Votes: 655 26.4%
  • 3-4

Votes: 457 18.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 435 17.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 414 16.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 289 11.6%

Votes: 234 9.4%

• Total voters

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped just like every year, we get to see some new games and I want to see how Halo is shaping up. Can't wait!

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Not really. The only game companies I care about these days are Fromsoftware, Capcom, and sometimes Nintendo.

Would be cool to finally see Elden Ring.

With Capcom I'm not into Action Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, or Devil May Cry so there hasn't been much for me to look forward to the last couple of years. But hopefully they show a new fighting game or something.

As for Nintendo, I'm just waiting for any new Metroid news or BOTW2.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely tepid on it. I do want to see Square Enix and Nintendo but I'm also not dying to see anything.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Very low. I just don't get hyped for game news or announcements much anymore and I have lower than usual expectations with all the Covid development delays. I think we'll mostly just see more of games we know about like Horizon 2, BOTW 2 etc. and have way fewer big reveals. On top of the delays, with the new consoles still selling out every wave instantly they likely want to hold any big reveals for when supply finally catches up and they need to generate buzz to keep sales momentum strong.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Until I saw this thread I did not even think about E3 since last year and even with this reminder I am not really sure how I feel about the upcoming E3. Perhaps once we get a better idea of how things will be I'll become more interested. Still planning on watching the E3 butt right now I'm a bit lukewarm about it.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Not much, because with new consoles already out and the Switch Pro probably having a later announcement, only BOTW2 is keeping some hype for me, but I like to keep my expectations low and then be blown away by the surprises.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
God of War
Horizon
Gotham Knights
Suicide Squad
Avengers Wakanda Expansion
Halo
And a ton more I'm forgetting.

Yeah, I'm pretty hyped. (Idk if Sony counts but I'm sure they're doing something around the same time)

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this may read like a joke response but i'm excited to see what's coming out in 2023.
Studios might as well open the doors a little and give us a little taste of what to look forward to, since we need to be real about the state of development atm

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm as hyped as I've ever been for E3. I think Nintendo and Microsoft will deliver the goods.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not. Last years summer of gaming sucked and the previous E3 sorely missed Sony.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
5 for me. way moreso than last year (which was probably a 1), but while this year seems to be an improvement (it's an actual e3, not that summer gamefest garbage), the fact that it won't be held at the convention center and i can't actually go makes me only a fraction as excited as i usually am. real shame, e3 is my favorite time of the year by far otherwise.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Honestly I'm barely excited at all. Between the fact I haven't been able to get a PS5, the publishers that are going to E3, and the general lack of hype, I had forgotten it was even coming up. I still will want to watch what I can or watch recap, but it's just not the same. And it's a shame because as flawed as it is there was always something cool about that main day where you knew you were going to see some surprises and fun stuff.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Voted 1-2 because of lack of a 0 poll option.

Wasn't Greg Miller supposed to be a host or something?

EDIT: Yup. Make that less than zero, please.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm only at a 3 because I'm really looking forward to games coming out this summer like Guilty Gear Strive, Scarlet Nexus and Samurai Warriors 5 instead of a release drought that'd make E3 a lot more exciting.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Barely at all. I guess a "3." Giantbomb sort of folding in made it even less enticing for me. Just really not too excited about a lot right now in the games industry. Returnal's great though I guess! Looking forward to correcting my Mass Effect crime soon....

Also, won't this E3 be a lot of shit that will probably get delayed due to COVID recovery?

Sep 7, 2020
I am about a 7 or 8 out of 10. I am extremely excited to get a bulk of new and upcoming gaming news all at one. I also have been lucky enough to secure a Sereis X, PS5, switch, and a gaming PC so I an play everything that is coming out soon. However, COVID is not gone and there will be delays and there may be a focus on things that are super close or we may get teasers with no release dates so my expectations aren't through the world. I think this could be a very solid E3 for all of the major platforms and its cool to see new gaming stuff.

nillarilla

Feb 10, 2019
absolutely hyped - not because I expect anything special... its just a yearly tradition for me. And now with working from home and doing fuck all else - I really enjoy looking forward to shit like E3.
Even if it ends up a nothing-burger - its a burger none the less

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, maybe a solid 7/10. Not much for me to look forward besides Playstation stuff, but I'm interested to see some new IP's and fighting games.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Gaming news over the next couple months? Probably an 8 overall.. but Zelda makes it feel like a 10.

E3 specifically? 6 max.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Thing is Sony presentations are pretty hype and their exclusives resonate with a lot of people. For many years I found the dude-bro marketing and games coming out of Microsoft very offputting. They have come a long way and have acquired a lot of studios so I'm curious what they have going on now.
Oh I get hype for sony...but all in all ms and Sony combined make up a small percentage of games overall.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised at the lack of excitement. Between Nintendo and Microsoft alone my hype is close to a 10.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The prophecy that I just made up foretold that this will be the year for a Mother 3 announcement.

I made a prophecy as soon as I finished the fan translated version that this game will never be released on the west. Been 13 years already...

Anyway, I have pretty low expectations about this E3, so they will have to try really hard to make disappointed.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on Nintendo, more specifically BotW2. How much will we learn, did they take the criticism of the first to heart, is it this year?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Only excited for the bear.

NHIpXjP.jpg

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
last years cluster was understandable due to the circumstances, but im ready for some sort of organization to it all this year.

sony will do their own shit, but hopefully we start to see some real next gen goodness from MS and Sony. Nintendo has to be showing BoTW2 as well

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only true hype is Zelda hype, so there.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Voted 1-2 because of lack of a 0 poll option.

Wasn't Greg Miller supposed to be a host or something?

EDIT: Yup. Make that less than zero, please.
Can't fault this at all. He's just that bad. His EA host gig a few years ago actually made the EA press conference even worse than it was originally going to be. He can do the Kinda Funny Indie spotlight show but please no more.

Jul 20, 2020
100/10

I'm keeping my expectations high and idc. I expect to see Elden Ring, Hellblade II, Halo infinite, STARFIELD and anything on top of that is just icing on the cake. So yea....I'm excited.