• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So why is his face suddenly back? His lawyers sent EA a letter and they immediately caved in? How fucking pathetic.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
On places like reddit, the reaction to this was mostly negative sadly.

But that is the thing, Ronaldo isn't universally loved in the football world. He has probably more haters than idolizers.
Do we see the same reaction now from the haters because they reinstated it?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
So why is his face suddenly back? His lawyers sent EA a letter and they immediately caved in? How fucking pathetic.
Tbh it could have been FIFA, it's their license and if they tell them to go back to the original marketing I think they legally have to (or you know lose the license and be sued)

OP
OP

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But that is the thing, Ronaldo isn't universally loved in the football world. He has probably more haters than idolizers.
Every reddit thread is filled with "innocent before proven guilty" really, which imo is a fine personal stance to take even if I disagree with it, but an awful one to push onto others when facts are there for people to draw their own conclusions.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
I was just on the EA website:

ea.png
To the far left a rapist and to the far right a racist

adel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by. Disregarding OP.
I really don't like Ronald but this shouldn't affect him without a proof.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one is universally loved but I'm pretty sure he was at some point the most followed star on the planet. He's a money maker.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I've still been seeing the FIFA 19 commercials on a daily basis since the accusation, which includes Ronaldo making an appearance in it, so still feels like this was really nothing from the start by EA, and they just wanted the appearance of giving a shit.

Not to say I'm shocked, because I'm not, but it is what it is.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a full statement?
I really want to know the whole backstory.

I'm no trying to " Drive-by. Disregarding OP" it's just a normal conversation.
Looks pretty straight forward. Woman reported rape, now documents come out in which he admits it was non-consensual. Not sure what conversation is to be had.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People seem to defend that which they could see themselves doing.

Some will see that statement and say "well yeah women say no and stop a lot and then eventually say yes, you gotta keep at it, that doesn't make it rape."

There's a fundamental disconnect on some people being able to see women as anything but obstacles to overcome.

adel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing rape allegation, victim blaming.
He admitted she said stop and no. That's rape.

Ok I'm not trying to defend him here but rape is a dangerous accusation and can ruin his life forever.
Did she agree to have sex with him and when they were doing it she said no ? Yes he should have stopped but why did she do that ?

Again, I'm just having a conversation here.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm not trying to defend him here but rape is a dangerous accusation and can ruin his life forever.
Did she agree to have sex with him and when they were doing it she said no ? Yes he should have stopped but why did she do that ?

Oh no.

Yeah, you're just asking questions alright.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. "Yes he should have stopped but why did she do that?"

What on Earth. I don't even know if I understand how somebody can actually say that.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

"He should have stopped" when she said no and told him to stop is the end of the conversation. He clearly had no problem hearing her.

Its pretty blatant what you're doing here btw. Ciao.

Oct 25, 2017

He should have stopped when she said no.

Why does it matter why she did that?

The conversation is meaningless. It's rape.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

I'm going to tell you something amazing. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for one party saying "stop" "no" "I don't/no longer want to do this" or any variation thereof. What matters is that if the other party ignores that, it's rape. It really sounds like you're sniffing around for some reason to invalidate the claim of rape, but she said he raped her and then he said that she did, in fact, say no and stop. It doesn't matter if it started consensual, how she was dressed, why she was there, or why she changed her mind. He didn't stop when she said no. Clear cut. It's rape. Yet you're still worried his life will be unfairly destroyed.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017

People like you are why sexual consent should be taught in schools.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hi, you are promoting rape culture

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017

Rape is a dangerous act that can ruin a woman's life forever

This guy already got his photo back on his multimillion selling video game

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Sex can start off consensually and end non-consensually. In such cases, it is still considered rape.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Typically with consensual sex the other person you just met they doesn't say "no" and tell you to stop throughout.
Erm... You never had someone say no or stop during sex? Thats perfectly normal, it's what you do after that's the problem, if you don't stop then that's rape.

Shit doesn't look good for Ronaldo but context matters, who's to say didn't stop?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is this not proof enough?

DoXXL7MXgAUds06.jpg:large

They're his words.
Not here to defend him, but how can we be sure that these leaked documents are legit? Because isn't it odd that someone in his position would just admit to rape so easily like that or make himself look so bad?

edit- disregard this post, I was not following this closely enough and had the origin of the leak wrong

Last edited:

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not here to defend him, but how can we be sure that these leaked documents are legit? Because isn't it odd that someone in his position would just admit to rape so easily like that or make himself look so bad?
it's supposedly a questionnaire between him and his lawyer, I'm guessing he'd want to tell the truth to him.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Does it matter why she said no?

If she said no after starting, and he continued anyway, do you believe that is rape?
By definition that would be rape

Legally speaking

BBC tried interviewing youth about what they thought rape was and the answers were very, very variable (this was even pre-Drumpf election and pre-Brexit if I remember right).

Pretty much every kid missed the mark on what constitutes rape, it was pretty eye opening that people don't understand how consent legally works

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Shit doesn't look good for Ronaldo but context matters, who's to say didn't stop?

That's a valid point, but I guess the fact that he noted that she said both multiple times kind of implies it but it also happens to be her allegation that he didn't stop at any point. Her pushing him away and saying 'no' was all before he even pulled her into the bedroom according to her.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Consent is something that can be revoked at any time. Even assuming that she did consent at one point but then clearly said no during it and telling him to stop, if he continues after that point it's rape.

Jan 10, 2018

Spiegel published the papers, which are signed with his signature

https://en.as.com/en/2018/10/07/football/1538946647_100226.amp.html

Just asking questions(Trademark pending)

AngelSkye

Jul 25, 2018
Tbh it could have been FIFA, it's their license and if they tell them to go back to the original marketing I think they legally have to (or you know lose the license and be sued)

I feel like this is probably the most likley reason why the images were reinstated - FIFA could have intervened in the matter.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018

Just asking questions! Are you really that oblivious?
She didn't even cry, it can't be rape!

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I know you only want to enter the thread and just ask innocent questions from a place of ignorance but we are talking about anal rape. Hmmm, why did she ask him to stop? Why did she agree to have sex with him and then suddenly want stop at forced anal? It's surely a conundrum.