• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
It's always weird for me to see the faces behind the voices because a lot of times they don't match to how you envision that person. I remember when I was 13 and found out Bart was voiced by a woman. My brain broke lol.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
That's from 7 years ago and might even been longer since it was originally a vine. Wonder if he's still with us.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
On topic, this dude been the voice of fifa and nba live for me for a long time.

I started playing fifa on the saturn with fifa france world cup 98 lol.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He's no Ron Barr.

I just searched Ron Barr and TIL he's a real person! Wow, all these years I thought he was a fictional EA Sports personality.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I miss that era of EA Sports. I think the yearly release of sports games is absolutely strangling and killing the genre.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty iconic.
Will there be in real life of EA Games Challenge Everything? Hopefully.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about others, but FIFA has been yearly ever since it came into existence.

When I say yearly, I mean that it was a lot easier to handle being yearly in the past (when games actually were developed, sports games or not, in short periods) but ever since the shift to HD gaming I think game development just requires a lot more. NBA Live fell apart with the shift to HD, Madden did too. NHL and FIFA at least have been more consistent but I see a lot more unhappy people with those franchises.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It's always cool putting faces to the voices, but sometimes you're like WTF? Case and point, Ed Boon was Scorpion's voice early on...

Is Boon married? Does he have any kids? Do you think he's ever used that voice when the kid was in trouble? I'd probably shit my pants (if I were too young to know about MK1).

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what you watch on YouTube because this just popped up in my feed too. The algorithms for YouTube sure are interesting sometimes.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I thought I read that David Hayter did the voice. Apparently that's a common misconception

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Wait did he really make no money from that? (Saw that said in another related video).

I remember reading an interview with him where he said he did the first ad for free. Apparently they had almost no money to make it. He did tons of other work for them over the years, though. I'd imagine he got paid quite well for that.

He's a Canadian voice actor who's done a lot of commercials.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool! Reminds me that I always love seeing Mike Judge do all of his Beavis & Butt-Head / King of the Hill voices. :)

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Would you believe this is the Killer Instinct 1 & 2 announcer?

latest